Bachelor of Arts - What subjects should I choose?

Mhmhppl

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 01:53 am
(I kind of babble on for a bit at the beginning here, so for those who are impatient, just skip to the >>> for the actual question)
I finished year 12 last year with a score that I'm fine with and have been accepted into a Bachelor of Arts (hooray for me, etc). I live in a place with only one university that doesn't even have a Bach of Arts, so the only thing that somebody in my position can do is move a minimum of 2 hours away for post-high school education. Annnd since I haven't started working I had to defer. The upside to deferring is that I don't have to choose the subjects I'll study... yet. This is great because so far,
>>> I have absolutely no idea what career I want to pursue.
Of course, I'm being melodramatic; I have ideas (per say). I'm really interested in Japanese, History, Drama, and I've always like the idea of teaching Sex Ed (I had a really bad teacher who taught from a book that referred to bisexuality as a disease. I was inspired by her terribleness, biased marks and overall lack of interest in the subject).
But what would I even be qualified for if I did a double major in "Gender, Sexuality and Diversity" and "Japanese"?
That's not the actual question lmao.

I obviously can't ask "What should I choose?" And hope to receive some kind of "right answer" from interweb people. I know that this is a question that only I can answer. All I'm hoping for is some kind of guidance through personal opinions and/or experiences to help me choose subjects that will open my eyes and let me see what kind of career path that I should take.

Ps: Sorry about the overly convoluted way of writing. I always accidentally take the long way around things.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,393 • Replies: 2
No top replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:25 am
@Mhmhppl,
You're not going to get any respect in Japan telling people you teach abnormal sex for a living. In fact the only Westerne I ever knew who did get a lot of respect in Japan was a Jewish kid who had gotten good enough at Judo that there were no more than two or three guys his size in Japan who could take him.

You might want to study judo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU2xuduCeTw

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:29 am
@Mhmhppl,
And you thought your teacher was a bigot.
0 Replies