I Saw A Great Bumpersticker Once

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 10:19 pm
it said: If you wouldn't dump garbage in your livingroom, then why do you have a TV in there.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,208 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 03:04 am
God...please protect me from your followers!

So many Christians...so few lions.

Somewhere in Texas...a village is missing its idiot!
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 03:06 am
Saw a pretty good bumper sticker the other day on an old 4x4 that was jacked up on big tires.

It read: "If you're gonna be dumb you'd better be tough."
0 Replies

stoplearning

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 03:19 am
A Bible Thumper Abused Frank?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 03:27 am
stoplearning wrote:
A Bible Thumper Abused Frank?

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36803&highlight=
0 Replies

stoplearning

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 03:35 am
Frank Passed Out?
Frank Smokes Pot?
Frank ate French Food?

Im not sure where you're goin with this, or what the relevancy is to religion.
0 Replies

dandelion

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 03:48 am
ha
pretty funny frank, i grew up in texas....but you pegged me wrong otherwise bro, i'm not hardly christian or any other religon. oh and jer... dumb....not hardly, the summary said to "cheer and jeer" tv programs, forgive me for thinking that could mean all programs, hummm....sounds like someone is very personally attached to thier tv, how fun! but it's all good, i Am pretty tough.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 04:01 am
Frank wrote:
Quote:
God...please protect me from your followers!
So many Christians...so few lions.
Somewhere in Texas...a village is missing its idiot!

That would appear to me to be three examples of good bumper stickers Frank has seen and enjoyed.

Joe
0 Replies

dandelion

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 04:11 am
well yes, i guess i thought his stickers he'd seen were selectively chosen as a response, and that could be because it was a penticostal family's station wagon i saw the sticker on.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 04:12 am
Frank's smart but he's not psychic.
0 Replies

dandelion

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 04:15 am
sigh i guess i just have a completely different sense of humor than other folks....maybe i should watch a few commericals or something...
0 Replies

stoplearning

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 04:50 am
Do you not find Franks derision of religion peculiar? He probably thinks religion is a sinister force working againt the common good. I am an atheist, never been to church. I have done community service(penalty) for the Salvation Army. And I am telling you that these "religious nuts" are some of the kindest, most generous people that I have ever met You have seen too much Televangelism. Too much of your own self-percieved "Superiority of Thought"

You cant comprehend being nice without sacrifice. It is Incomprehensible. It does not compute.
0 Replies

Platypus

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 07:08 am
I almost never do bumper stickers, but then I saw this one:
Quote:
Buckle up...it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

Humor and a safety message on one sticker seemed to justify an exception to my usual rule. When I got home I found a place on the net that sells them, and one is on my car right now.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 07:23 am
I used to drive an old beat up van that had curtains on all the windows. I'd drive down the road, smoke billowing, bumper dragging, enormous chunks of rust falling off at the slightest bump in the road, and the whole thing was painted like an american flag. I also had the Zig-Zag man painted on the front doors and a Peter Max smile emblazoned across the back doors in such a fashion that the two windows resembled eyes.

My bumper sticker simply said:

Don't laugh. Your daughter may be inside.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:13 am
Re: ha
Dandelion,

My bad...I didn't realize your post was within the TV forum...I thought it was a thread for funny bumperstickers you'd seen...so I added one that I'd seen.

My post had nothing to do with you or what you wrote.

Cheers

dandelion wrote:
pretty funny frank, i grew up in texas....but you pegged me wrong otherwise bro, i'm not hardly christian or any other religon. oh and jer... dumb....not hardly, the summary said to "cheer and jeer" tv programs, forgive me for thinking that could mean all programs, hummm....sounds like someone is very personally attached to thier tv, how fun! but it's all good, i Am pretty tough.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:29 am
stoplearning wrote:
Do you not find Franks derision of religion peculiar?

No.

Quote:
He probably thinks religion is a sinister force working againt the common good.

Really? Interesting speculation. Got any ideas on who is gonna win the next Super Bowl?

Quote:
I am an atheist, never been to church. I have done community service(penalty) for the Salvation Army. And I am telling you that these "religious nuts" are some of the kindest, most generous people that I have ever met

Well, my mom was a religious nut...and she was one of the kindest, most generous people I've ever met. And I have met many, many very kind, generous religious people in my life.

Have I ever said otherwise...or are you just shooting off your mouth?

Quote:
You have seen too much Televangelism. Too much of your own self-percieved "Superiority of Thought"

Why do I suspect there is an undercurrent you are not touching on here?

Could it have been the bumper sticker that read: Somewhere in Texas a village is missing its idiot...

...that got your drawers tangled?

Quote:
You cant comprehend being nice without sacrifice. It is Incomprehensible. It does not compute.

Have someone who can make sense help you re-write that. As it is...IT is incomprehensible.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:30 am
Re: ha
dandelion wrote:

I was just posting what you asked for, Dandelion. I was not taking a shot at you. I really do not understand your post...or that other guy's.
0 Replies

winterwolf1965

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:33 pm
Bumper Sticker I saw:

I don't pity you because you're blonde,
I pity you because you have the IQ of a farm animal.
0 Replies

winterwolf1965

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:38 pm
Or this one:

Never meddle in the affairs of a dragon, for your bones are crunchy and you taste good with ketchup.

How about this one?

How many vegetables had to die for that salad?!?!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:45 pm
My fave:

"If you don't like how I drive, get off the sidewalk"

It's especially apt when pasted on an SUV...
0 Replies