2,000,000: the Countdown Continues... [edited by Moderator]

farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2019 01:09 pm
@Olivier5,
Thats a great idea. Weve really never hd a collective point with the exception of threads which very quickly become all trolled up. Sometimes the simplest plays are the best.
"ASK"

farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2019 01:12 pm
@farmerman,
I also notice the large amount of spam threads that appear at night. It almost makes "New Topics" a useless tool.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2019 03:22 pm
@farmerman,
New Topics is useful to A2K moderators for that reason. They can call up all of the spam threads through that tool and just go down the line deleting them all.

We need more moderators on night watch.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2019 06:35 am
@farmerman,
The site has become a spamarama.

I'd love to try an experiment.

Block all traffic from India just for a day or two, just to see what difference that would make.
Ragman

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2019 04:18 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I doubt it’s that simple. There’d be a plan B or C almost immediately. The level of sophistication is a bit higher than you give credit for.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 12:55 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Block all traffic from India just for a day or two, just to see what difference that would make.

The spammers are likely using VPNs and other methods to skirt any regionalized IP addressing issues.

Plus, we get legitimate English writing posters from India. Some day, we'll get a few regulars as well.

Plus, you're assuming that all spammers are from India. There's Russia, Eastern Europe, Pakistan, and beyond.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 01:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
Maybe, China too!
roger

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 02:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
More like Viet Nam, at least late at night.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 03:06 pm
@roger,
What is it about Vietnam that makes you believe they're trying to harm Americans? I have visited Vietnam two times, and have experienced nothing but good treatment, good food, and great sites, having traveled most of the country from Halong Bay, Hanoi, along the east coast, down to Saigon and the Cambodian border.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 03:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Plus, you're assuming that all spammers are from India. There's Russia, Eastern Europe, Pakistan, and beyond.

No, you're assuming that i'm assuming that all spammers are from India, I wouldn't do that. Honest.

I believe that a good proportion of, Not All, spam is from India.
Remember the swarm that show up for some competition or something, were they from India, i'm not sure.

I thought it would be an interesting experiment, but it's never going to happen so forget about it.

roger

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 03:32 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I remember that bunch. Decryptonite, or something like that. They are site users rather than spammers, at least in my opinion. Kind of like the regular word games, but only at a certain time of year.
roger

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 03:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I neither said, nor implied they were trying to harm Americans. That is a conclusion you jumped to. Stay up late a few nights and see if you don't recognize the language. They post in Vietnamese. Surely, you will recognize it from all your visits.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 03:39 pm
@roger,
Quote:
roger

1 REPLYREPORT Fri 28 Jun, 2019 05:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
More like Viet Nam, at least late at night.
I mistook this statement to mean "negative" spamming by Vietnamese posters like the flood we think we get from India. http://cybersummit.info/sites/cybersummit.info/files/srs-ewi-paper- final.pdf My apologies, buddy.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 03:40 pm
@roger,
Decryptoite, that's right. Good memory.

The Swarm.
roger

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2019 04:35 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Yeah, but a kind of cute swarm - again, just my opinion.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2019 02:49 am
@roger,
They were harmless.

They didn't really interact with the regulars but they were never coarse or vulgar.

But were they determined or what, there must have been a free dinner for the winner.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 03:32 am

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2019 05:57 am

980,000 even...
Miss L Toad

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2019 06:38 am
@Region Philbis,
0 Replies