Salvador Dali

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 06:47 pm
His lack of ethics culminated in his signing reams of blank paper for "art publishers" who bilked the public by printing anything the saw fit in the cheapest of graphic processes including photo-offset. They numbered the prints themselves. Since I had personal contact experience with this scam, I was interviewed by investigators during the late 1980 Upstairs Gallery scandal. There are still thousands of these prints in circulation, some of them hidden away by the lawyers for Upstairs Gallery in Nevada and now being shown at your local mall gallery.

Other than that, his early work is breathtaking and a grand innovation of the time. There's really nothing by Magritte which has quite the impact of his finest masterpieces. Although I love most of the work of Magritte he at times prone to paint in less that great technique. Dali was a master of the glaze oil technique and is every bit as good at execuiting it as Titian who basically invented the technique.
0 Replies