Hanukka and Christmas and Solstice enjoyment

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 05:53 pm
Ms. Grumpy sends good wishes to A2Kers. Today is the first day of Hanukka and Christmas Eve.

A writer for the Guardian wrote today about wanting to be part of both, which I understand as a concept myself.

Two links and their titles that I semi-read today:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/dec/24/how-we-embraced-christmas
What does Christmas mean if it was not part of your family tradition? Three writers share their memories

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/24/chrismukkah-light-candle-to-that
I might say my prayers in Hebrew instead of Latin but I want to eat chocolate Santas for 10 days straight, too, OK?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,391 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 06:06 pm
@ossobucotemp,
At least the days are supposedly getting longer. Haven't noticed it myself.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2016 06:15 pm
@roger,
Yeah, it's long been good news to me, however incremental, for my own reasons re vision as some here know about. But others have SAD syndrome, and other stuff to deal with re heating their abodes and so on. I was reading today about a fair portion of homeless people not having shelter in Anchorage, Alaska, a long time problem, with people trying to shelter them finding it hard to keep up, quite a number dying.

Oops, that wasn't cheery, except that dark night is moving in the right direction for some of us.
0 Replies