smog's thread of ongoingness

paulaj

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:38 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I have never mastered that art, which explains why I post only sporadically.

I'm the same way, most girl's can yak their brains out, I tend to be a bit quiet and interject every now and then.
Some woman talk so much you can't get a word in edgewise, there is a woman in my neighborhood that is like that. The only responses I can squeeze in during a 20 minute conversation are-.......really......hmm......well.......how about that. That's if I'm lucky and she's in the mood to listen.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:40 am
paulaj wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

I'm the same way, most girl's can yak their brains out, I tend to be a bit quiet and interject every now and then.
Some woman talk so much you can't get a word in edgewise, there is a woman in my neighborhood that is like that. The only responses I can squeeze in during a 20 minute conversation are-.......really......hmm......well.......how about that. That's if I'm lucky and she's in the mood to listen.

Speaking of women who talk too much, we fellas have two words: The View.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:43 am
Sorry didn't mean to change the subject. Sleep deprivation can allow one to get extra thing's done, the only problem is, one is usually working with less energy and when it comes time to sleep you have to play catch up.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:44 am
What's the view? explain please.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:48 am
cavfancier wrote:

I'd rather stick bamboo shoots underneath my own fingernails then have to watch that nonsense.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:50 am
Don't men like chatty woman?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:53 am
Shocked paulaj...I am surprised, and yet happy that you know not of 'The View'. Here is a link: http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:56 am
Oh that, I've seen it.
A typical conversation from the view-

Blah, blah blah blah, you did? I just blah blah blahhed myself, that's terrific! were are powerful blah blah's aren't we?
Yes we are! Now let's blah blah some more for the viewers.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 09:00 am
Cav, that show is boooooooooooring, I watched it once.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 09:14 am
cavfancier wrote:
paulaj wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

Please refer to my previous quote. Laughing It's not just boring, it's irrelevant, and they talk over each other, which is really annoying. I think I watched it once, for about 30 seconds, before tuning out and never returning.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 09:19 am
The only shows I care to watch on t.v. are documentaries.

I think soap opera's are so mundane, but alot of woman love them.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:28 am
All right, people posted here!

I think that we've stumbled upon a good topic: TV.

I tend to have way too much free time on my hands, so I regularly watch the new episodes of quite a few shows: All three Law & Orders, Scrubs, ER, Simpsons, Arrested Development, and maybe Joey and Will & Grace (I just started enjoying that last show fairly recently). I also watch daily reruns of Seinfeld.

Hmm, so that might not actually be that much TV, since I used to watch a whole lot more in the past, but it's still a fair bit.

And edgar, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, VH1 ranked its top 100 rock songs, and Satisfaction beat out Like a Rolling Stone. Frankly, though, I agree with Rollings Stone's choice. (Lots of "Rolling Stone" related thougts in those last two sentences.)
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:30 am
I just recently started watching Scrubs... it has turned into one of my favortie shows... my kinda stupid humor.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:32 am
Hehe, I remember watching Scrubs when it first came on because it looked like a goofy show. That's exactly what I wanted, and that's exactly what it was, so I was pleased right away. It still has its serious moments, though, and those can be good too.

Oh, and I forgot to put Crossing Jordan on my list of shows.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:33 am
And Late Night with Conan O'Brien...

Ok, maybe I still do watch a lot of TV.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:41 am
I watch Crossing Jordan too... usually I watch it and think "Why did I just waste an hour of my life watching that?" but then I watch it again.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:02 pm
That's exactly how I feel about Crossing Jordan. I also think that the beginning and end of each show is normally decent, but everything in between is so cheesy and silly. And I always think that I wasted my time. But then I'm always watching again the next week. They must be controlling our minds somehow with that show...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:44 pm
New topic: Mundane Sports Achievements

When I was little I would go fishing in the river with my dad almost every weekend. One weekend we went to our favorite spot and found a tire half submerged about 3 feet off shore.

I got bored and put my line in the pool that had formed in the middle of the tire. My dad said "Quit fooling around... you're not going to catch anything doing that."

But I did... a little bluegill probably about 4 inched long.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 02:49 pm
I caught a garter snake once, and a toad on seperate nature hikes. They didn't live long, but they lived well.

Once, at lake Athabasca, I caught many tiny pickerel, just with a line and hook, no rod. We barbecued them and they were delicious.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 06:17 pm
The rain has so soaked the ground around the apartments that some of the crayfish have come up out of the ground. Some get trapped on the parking lot pavement with no way to get back up the curb to the dirt. I look out for them so I can trap them and set them up there.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 01:21:16