smog's thread of ongoingness

travelbug

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 11:07 am
No kids bother coming to our house any more, we're the ones everyone avoids cos we give out fruit and sugar-free things.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 11:22 am
Lady J wrote:
...I asked them where we were going. Their reply to me was "We're here to take you home." I was elated!!!

And then I awoke...sitting straight up in bed and saying outloud..."WAIT!"
I really did not want that dream to end....

That sounds nice and scary all in one... I was thinking that since they had passed on already they were there to help you pass over as well.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 11:28 am
Lady J, that was beautiful, and welcome to A2K.

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far...and I hope that you keep doing so. Wink

When I was a child, I often dreamt that I was in a maze. Sometimes in my dreams, I would show up late without having completed my homework, OH NO! Then there were the sad dreams, but those are no fun to describe.

Seed, your mother sounds like the coolest person ever.

jespah, a great idea for a topic! I unfortunately never had any interesting costumes for Halloween. I always dressed as a bum (which consisted of a tweed jacket, my normal clothes, and maybe a hat) or a guy-with-cuts-on-his-face or maybe a baseball player, dressed in my Little League outfit. I was lazy then, and I am lazy now. I haven't worn a costume for Halloween since middle school, probably. In high school, I had the job of passing out candy to the trick-or-treaters for my family, which I actually enjoyed. Now, I'm too cheap and live in too apathetic of a neighborhood to give out candy on Halloween.

Ok, now, think about this: What if we had numerous topics for this thread, or what if the topic changed every couple pages? I think it could be fun to have many different discussions going on at once, or even many people making posts (like this one!) with many thoughts and discussions covered at once. O, to dream!

Anyway, keep posting about whatever, and I'll be back later to smile and maybe raise my arms in triumph, depending on how well you guys do.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 11:45 am
Quote:
That sounds nice and scary all in one... I was thinking that since they had passed on already they were there to help you pass over as well.

Trust me, that was my initial reaction as well! But after taking some time to really analyze it, I concluded a couple of things...they knew I missed them both very much. That when it IS my time, they will both be there and lastly I have nothing to fear in death. Then it was all ok! Smile
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 01:18 pm
So... I take pride in dressing exactly as the guy from Scream before the first movie came out.

Last year I dressed as McDonald's fries and went to school like that, I think I only saw another person in costume. One girl even laughed at me in my face and when she realized what she was doing, covered her mouth. I found that funny. Later that day, I went to a McDonald's to see if they would give me a free cone of ice cream (they cost roughly 40cents of American dollars). But they refused and gave me cheap candy instead.

I've never had recurring dreams.
0 Replies

uuvaaluusk

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 01:25 pm
Most of my dreams are screwed, including Jimmy Carter, peanuts, and digging up dead poets in a basked twilight; but last night, I dreamt that we were all rays of hollow light bounding from secular windows: always seen through, but never seen through.

0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 01:40 pm
uuvaaluusk..thanks for bringing back beauty and grace..and blue...

smog..i hope this continues to be a wonderful thread...

I used to dress in my dad's military long coat and ripped hip huggers with frayed bottoms and go as a hippie...oh wait, i dressed that way most of the time...but halloween on the base was really fun..no one was afraid of getting razor blades in their candy or other such nonsense...and many of the families would set up haunted houses in the carport...walk around in the dark squeezing hard boiled eggs thinking they are monster eyes and spaghetti for brains..i've always loved halloween...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 01:45 pm
Last night I had a truly strange dream. I was on a boat, travelling to an unknown destination. I was alone, I knew no one. A girl approached me and spoke in gibberish. Her mother came running and said, "I'm so sorry she bothered you, she has trouble communicating."

"Okay."

Mother attempted to take the child away, but she ran back to me. She looked into my eyes, put her hand on her heart, and said "touch me here."

I gave her a little pat on the chest, keeping an eye out for cops, because it was a bit of an uncomfortable proposal.

Then she spoke in tongues that rang like bells through my head, near nonsensical at times, but complete, the thoughts of angels. It was beautiful, and I rejoiced in being able to cry and laugh all at the same time.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 01:48 pm
if you weren't already married i'd marry you! Cav your inner beauty is a joy to feel, taste and enjoy..I wish i could articulate better how wonderful i think your words and thoughts are.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 01:51 pm
Smile
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 02:30 pm
willow_tl wrote:
uuvaaluusk..thanks for bringing back beauty and grace..and blue...

Agreed to the billionth degree.
Quote:
smog..i hope this continues to be a wonderful thread...

It better! And expect my changing the title often, sometimes proclaiming the world's love for smog, sometimes making a cryptic statement about humanity, and sometimes using lots of !!!!!!!!!. It will be a grand time to enjoyed by all.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 07:34 pm
i laid down for a nap today... as my mind drifted off to sleep this thread popped into my mind... i wondered if i would dream. more suddenly then slowly the the blackness turned to blackness with little specks of light off in the distance. I was in space and I was a spaceranger. I had a lazer gun and i was soring around space with my jet pack. I had no clue as to what i was doing and then suddenly BANG! i was attacked by a giant space spider. OOO Scary..... i blasted the sucker with my lazer gun and then another came out of nowhere and I blasted him into.... well... space. (hehe, maybe a more approperiate word would be earth? eh, i digress) and thats what my dream consisted of... blasting the mess out of giant space spiders. oh the joy of dreams.... next subjest.... what do you usually find yourself humming or singing as the dy go on? me, for some reason, hum or sing disney songs.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 11:20 pm
I hum songs I create on the moment... so they're never the same.

I whistle one of the last 5 songs I heard.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:44 am
I got "Punk Rock Girl" by the Dead Milkmen stuck in my head the other day. I hadn't heard that song in years then all of a sudden I "jumped up on the table and shouted ANARCHY".

So what shall we chat about today, Smog?
0 Replies

travelbug

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:01 am
I've got a kiddies assembly song in my head that the kids at school practised today

'Wake up, jump up, give yourself a thumbs up
get your body moving...'

It's all good!
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 11:31 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
So what shall we chat about today, Smog?

More about songs! Songs are pure entertainment!

I have a busy day, but you guys will be fine without me. When I return, there better be TONS of stuff about music.
0 Replies

travelbug

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 11:51 am
I'm listening to a compilation of songs that all have meanings for me:

The Beatles - Yesterday and Drive my car
Hoobastank - The reason
Manu Chao - Que hora son mi corazon
Aerosmith - Don't want to miss a thing
REM - losing my religion
Bon Jovi - Livin' on a prayer
The Who - Baba O'Reilly
Miles Davis

Dwelling on the memories they all bring back...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 01:33 pm
smog wrote:
More about songs! Songs are pure entertainment!

I have a busy day, but you guys will be fine without me. When I return, there better be TONS of stuff about music.

I started a new job back in June and there was a younger kid that works there that reminds me of myself back in the day. So we started talking about music one day and he listens to a lot of the same punk bands I listened to years ago. Of course, being that he is a lot younger than I, he missed out on a lot of the really good really punk stuff before all this alternative crap hit.

So I went home and dug up all my old stuff and burned him a dvd full of 3 days worth of music. But the funnest thing was going back and listening to it all again. It brought back some really good memories.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 03:45 pm
man i thought punk lovers were all but almost dead... nothing like a good unk show... i am a new punk lover and quickly backsliding into the ages of punk that i missed... and fastly becoming a big lover of it
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 04:02 pm
I grew up with punk. While just a *bit* young to witness the originals firsthand, I was ripe for the rebirth, and found my way back that way. A short list:

Classics:

Sex Pistols
The Clash
The Damned
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Stiff Little Fingers
The Buzzcocks
The Dead Kennedys
The Minutemen
Minor Threat/Fugazi
The Angry Samoans
The Replacements
Many hardcore bands with offensive names and very loud short songs

Local:

The Young Lions
No Means No (who I would classify as 'jazzcore')

I'm sure I can think of more.....be back later.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/25/2024 at 11:19:45