smog's thread of ongoingness

smog

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 05:22 pm
Yeah, it's actually been freaking me out a little bit recently how fast things seem to happen. I know it's not the best example, but when I posted in this thread last night, it didn't seem like 3 days had past since it was last active. And I'm sure in a little while, this thread might go active for weeks at a time, and I'll bring it back again like no time has gone by. I wake up, do my daily stuff, and then it's already time to sleep, and the same thing just happens again the next day. Yet still, certain rare, interesting, or memorable circumstances can happen, and I will constantly keep them fresh in my mind, but it could be months or, well, even years since the occured.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:29 pm
i hear you man. at least we dont wake up and have three years worth of beard growth
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 10:26 pm
Seed wrote:
at least we dont wake up and have three years worth of beard growth

I woke up today with another day's worth of beard growth. That's gotta count for something still, right?

I used to prefer writing with black ink, but blue is becoming my favorite color for writing. When I'm making comments on a paper or story or whatever, and I don't have a red pen, blue stands out much more than black, especially with standard black print text. Also, after so many years of black ink, blue in a nice, welcome change for me.

I've only rarely tried writing with green ink, but maybe a nice dark green pen could be my new favorite.

I plan on using this thread, however inactive it may become, as a place to post when I'm bored.

I also plan on starting every paragraph with the word "I."
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 10:29 pm
those all sound like very good ideas smog...

I plan on replying to you... for you bring up interesting topics that i can reply to... you should get one of those pens with the different colors in them. you just choose the color you want... usually they have red, blue, black, green and purple in them... youcould have a field day on the papers.. with all different kinds of colors on the paper.... are you a teacher by the way?
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 10:41 pm
I have a couple of those pens, but I've misplaced them all somewhere, possibly hundreds of miles away. And I'm not a teacher, though I still enjoy editing things quite a bit.

And thanks for the compliments, Seed, yet I must confess that I am trying my hardest to make a thread that others can enjoy. Well, no, that's not entirely true, since I'm not trying all that hard, but harder than just sitting here and doing nothing at all. So, I'm kinda trying, let's say.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 10:46 pm
well im sitting here rootin you on man! and imhere posting on this thread that which i am enjoyin Smile
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 10:48 pm
People like kicky and gus can start a thread and have it grow 20 pages in a day, but I have to work for that kind of thing, dammit!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 10:50 pm
eh thats cush they seem to have type of following... they seem to come up with topics that just suck you in... things that deal with sex and what not
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 11:04 pm
Hmm...

I think I have a topic for today:

"Isn't sex great?!?"

I'm joking, of course, although if it draws people into this thread, maybe I'm not joking. Who knows...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 07:07 am
Sex? Now you're talking!
He he.
Don't get discouraged. Some of my threads never get responses, but I keep on ticking.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 08:54 am
Did somebody say sex?

Sorry I haven't been helping out with your thread lately smog... you haven't done to bad though. 15 pages and counting.

So what is the topic today?
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 11:27 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
So what is the topic today?

Hmm, this could be an interesting one, or it could get no response at all: stories of sleep deprivation.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 11:38 am
college... first year, biology 102... over easter break my professior gave us a project... had to go to the local creek and take a sample and find 7 bacteria... we had to do all kinds of stuff... wouldnt have been bad if i had my partners... the only thing is my group decided to bail and go home for the holiday... i stayed up for 3 days striaght did the report which ended up about 15 typed pages... and two three fold poster boards full of clips and drawings and what not... i passed out and missed the class on when we had to turn it in... but i told the professior and he let me turn it in late... i got an A thankfully... and my group was pissed at me for not being there... ungrateful ingrades
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 05:49 pm
I have pleaded my case in kicky's "How Long Can You Make My Thread Get?" My life is now in the hands of others.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 06:18 pm
I think if you sent everybody a case of their favorite beer or wine you would soon be getting a multitude of responses. Thing about a thread like this is it relies on small talk quite a lot. I have never mastered that art, which explains why I post only sporadically.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 06:20 pm
True, but so many people here seem all about small talk. I just need to reach out to them somehow!

And edgar, it's always great when you post.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 07:30 am
Morning, smog. Still ongoing? Well, it's a calm morning out there. Yesterday's rain brought a few stormy conditions. Thought I'd drop in before beginning the work day. Did you see the Rolling Stone list of greatest rock songs? Like a Rolling Stone #1 and Satisfaction #2.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 07:43 am
smog wrote:
True, but so many people here seem all about small talk. I just need to reach out to them somehow!

And edgar, it's always great when you post.

Small talk is a welcome respite from political trolls.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 07:45 am
As for sleep deprivation, that seems to be the time I write my best. I wake up from a dream, haunted by a thought, and need to put it down in writing. I used to keep journals, but now, the computer is more convenient.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:27 am
I don't have a problem with sleep deprivation... I'm an narcoleptic.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 11:23:07