smog's thread of ongoingness

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:25 pm
How old were you when you stopped trick or treating?

I think the last time I went was my freshman year in highschool... that would have made me 15 or 16. that was back in the day when trick or treating was actully on Halloween.

I think we should bring it back for adults. The kids can have the day and the adults can have the night... just remember to check for razor blades in your candy bars.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:30 pm
i think i was like 14 or so... after that i started doing the party thing... then in college i did the trick or treat thing again... doing the party thing this year
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:31 pm
jp, I think I was around the same age when I last went trick or treating. I went out with a bunch of friends as a joke, and we actually did get a lot of treats. We did knock at the door of a very prominent businessman in the neighbourhood who asked "aren't you too old to be trick or treating?"

We said "Yes, so what?"

He laughed and gave us candy. Good sport.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:34 pm
I actually think one of my friends (a large fella) said "I'm only 12, but I have a gland problem."
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:34 pm
There was a house near us that gave out full cans of coca-cola products every year. I think the father worked there and got it all for free. Once it got late and they were sick of going to the door they would just leave the rest out on the porch for who ever happened by. Of course we were there to take it off of their hands for them.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:37 pm
how nice of that man... i used to hate the lady who handed out pennies and other such change. i never did anything about it, but there were other kids who would take the money and throw it through her windows and such. but there she was next year handing out probably the same pennies that were thrown through her windows. i remember trick or treating and bringing in a bigger haul then my sister and she would whine so my mom would make us put it all together and spilt it up like that... oooo that would make me so mad
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 02:48 am
I've only been once, when I was 18, and that was only because I was aupairing in the Netherlands. Isn't it a fabulous holiday? I mean, it was only sad when there are only two major celebrations ( Easter, christmas ) to mass market greed.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 11:31 am
GOOOO SOX!!!!!!

I'm so happy, I need to go outside and enjoy this day. What a great world!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:57 pm
the horriday is now over... how did everyone fair? did anyone get tricked?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:27 pm
Sunday was really average, nothing special for me.

What really was a great day was saturday, I went to 2 parties dressed as a female nurse. The first one was a little strange because I was the only one in costume so you can imagine a little how that went, everybody was a good sport. The second one was great, one of the best parties I've been to, there was fun to be had anywhere ranging from sumo fights, karaoke, pool (billiards), lasagna, pumpkin pie...

It was a fun weekend.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:31 pm
splendid to hear... i spent friday night camping out and scaring a bunch of kids n the trip with us with jason and mike myers mask... it was a good weekend over all
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 04:03 am
My weekend was average, although kids running around the neighborhood in costumes was fun.

I'm getting really nervous about this election. I guess polls open, on the East Coast, in something like 1 hour. Crazy. I'll be glued to the TV all day.

PMs are finally working again, although it seems like all the people with whom I would converse through PMs are gone now... At least I can still see all of my old ones, and I was finally able to click that "You have 1 new PM!" link and read that phantom one.

Oh well, those are my random thoughts for the day. I've been really busy as of late, but I needed a way to fill a couple minutes.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 01:40 pm
you can PM me smog if you care to PM... i always enjoy such things as that. Smile
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:39 pm
Extreme sadness and loneliness today.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:42 pm
election day usually seems to be like that smog... i to have feelings of loneliness as well... but fret not... we are here together so it can not be that lonely now can it?
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 10:31 am
Ok, some of the bad feelings are gone now, although I've still been having a terrible time falling asleep this week. This morning, I am awake to listen to BBC Radio 1's Top 40 countdown, something which I haven't done in about 2 years, but it still makes me feel pretty global or international or something. Hope all is well with you, Seed, and other people who might still read this thread.

Subject for now: Tell me what you did yesterday, today, or both!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:39 pm
yesterday I woke up with my girlfriend... hung out with her for a couple of hours and then went home. I ate lunch at one of my fav. places and then went to the movies and watched "the incredibles" which was a really great movie...

today i went to church hung out with my best friend playing some video games and then ate dinner with him and his mother.. nothing special Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:55 pm
Today I had some good interactions on A2K with some special people. Shared emails with coworkers. Generally whiled away the entire day otherwise unproductive. Mrs edgarblythe was here al day and I played with my dog some. We ate a peach cobbler for dinner. I just had a long soaking bath, so am ready for the morrow, just as soon as I finish watching Boston Common on television. Oops, I should have made I hate television. Oh well, too late now.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 02:24 am
The days fly by.

And my DSL has been very laggy today.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 03:28 pm
its funny how fast the days do go as you get older. ever notice that? im sureyou have. i mean when you are a child they seem to drag by. but now as an adult, days turn into weeks and weeks to months and months to years all to rapidly ... its scary
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 09:27:22