Car won't start up

Tammy05

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:52 am
When I try to turn it on, the dashboard lights turn on aswell as the cdplayer and such. But I turn it and I don't even hear a clicking noise attemping to start up.

Ive already tried jump starting it, I think the wire may be loose but Ive jiggled them all and I don't really kno which one I shoudl be looking for. I'm pretty positive someone fucked up my car on purpose so one of teh wires must be unplugged or something. Does anyone have an idea which one I should look for?

Its an acura 97 cl
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,513 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Jon Miller

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 12:03 pm
I would give the cables on the battery a check. Make sure they are clean and tight. Sometimes a bad connection can give you enough power to light some lights, turn on a radio but not crank it over. I have had it happen to me before and that is why I suggest starting there.
0 Replies

Bulletman

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 06:35 pm
yea u just have a loose connection somewhere, check ur wires beside the solenoid from the starter could be loose

happened to my bros sunfire, had to retighten all the wires after we bought the car, most of them were loose
0 Replies

DENICE1296

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 04:00 pm
I have a 1992 Acura Vigor and the care shut down on me on the interstate. The car coasted the the shoulder of the road, but when I turn the key all I get is a click sound but the lights and CD player works could it be the battery or the starter.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 04:12 pm
DENICE1296 wrote:
I have a 1992 Acura Vigor and the care shut down on me on the interstate. The car coasted the the shoulder of the road, but when I turn the key all I get is a click sound but the lights and CD player works could it be the battery or the starter.

More likely you lost your alternator or the alternator belt. The starter is only used when starting the car so it wouldn't have shut down the engine while you were driving and the battery just charges for the most part when you are driving.

If your alternator went it's probably that you were driving on the battery's power for a bit and discharged it. That's why you get the "click" but it's not turning over.
0 Replies