Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:06 am
I have a pan which has been used as a drip pan in the oven a few times.
It's a teflon-coated pan (an air-ware cookie sheet, to be specific) and the grease dripped on it just doesn't come off.
Of course, I may not use a Scotchbrite pad on it because of the teflon. What ideas to you have to get this gummy stuff off?
I think a Scotchbrite pad is safe for non-stick surfaces. I know steel wool is not.
There is a new product on the market: Dawn Power Dissolver which does a beautiful job on burned on grease. The directions suggest that you avoid using on "scratched non stick surfaces".
You could always promote the cookie sheet to a drip pan and scrub vigorously.
If you do manage to get rid of the grease without destroying the non-stick surface, I'd suggest the next time you use it as a drip pan that you coat the surface with one of the spray on cooking oils.