I flushed a scrub rag down the toilet

KarenJ

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 07:49 am
I dumped a bucket of scrub water down the toilet with the SCRUB RAG.
The toilet is now clogged and I think plunging it will make it worse. I cant reach it with my arm and I tried a coat hanger. Most improvement websites say to use a plunger and if that doesnt work, a closet auger. Embarrassed Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,876 • Replies: 9
No top replies

eoe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 08:34 am
Yikes. Have you checked any of the home improvement websites like DIY? Maybe they have a trick but it sounds like you may have to call a plumber.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 10:48 am
Use a wet/dry vacuum cleaner to suck it out.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 10:51 am
I would try Infrablue's suggestion. Then I would try an auger. That failing, I would pull the toilet and retrieve the rag from the underside.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 10:53 am
www.toiletology.com
Here is the best information on toilets I have foud. It has saved me a lot of time and work in the past.
0 Replies

KarenJ

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 02:53 am
Thanks to all of you. It is Monday, and I will try all of your suggestions. I have hope. KarenJ
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:09 am
Keep hope alive!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:12 am
and out of the toilet :wink:
0 Replies

KarenJ

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:44 am
To my friends: I tried the wet/dry vac first this morning since I already own one. Nope, couldnt get to it. Went to Lowe's and bought a good plunger and a closet auger. And now I get to work. With that failing, I call a plumber. Again thanks to all and to Edgarblythe, I visited the web page you suggested and bookmarked it for further use. Still hoping!
0 Replies

KarenJ

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 05:25 am
Success! I unclogged the toilet in the main floor bathroom. Later on I found that the basement toilet, and floor drain that takes care of a shower, and washing machine are now clogged, spewing water and suds everywhere. Do I repeat your previous advice in the toilet, floor drain, both? (I had a back flow valve installed in the basement floor last summer, however unrelated that might be). Thanks again to all. KarenJ
0 Replies