Gulf War II - The screenplay

Stinger

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 03:47 pm
Hello

I've just moved here recently from a little town called Abuzz. It's just off the cyber freeway. Maybe you've heard of it. Some of you folks may know me already. If I owe you money, trust me, it's in the post. If I said something to offend you back in Abuzzville, you're probably mistaken, and confusing me with someone else. To everyone else, nice to meet you.

Anyway, since the prospect of making my fortune on the stockmarket now seems highly unlikely, I've turned my attention to the movie business. After much pondering and daydreaming, I've come up with the basis for a new screenplay. It's a little basic at present. It needs some polishing (As we say in 'the business'). It's also missing a few basics, like a middle and an ending. But that's only minor details that can be sorted out later....and besides....most movies these day have very little plot, so it's not really a problem at all.

The working title for the movie is 'Gulf War II'.

Perhaps you saw the first part of this trilogy? It was imaginatively entitled, 'The Gulf War'. It was a major international hit about a decade ago. It did great box office (That means it made a lot of money - sorry for all this showbiz jargon. I hope you're not confused by it.)

I've already attracted a lot of interest in my idea. Several producers, smoking large cigars have 'done lunch' with me. Some 'A list' stars have also expressed an interest in appearing in the starring roles. This brings me onto my problem / dilemma.

While I obviously want the best acting talent available, I also want to do great 'box office', since I'm taking a percentage of the 'box office net profits'. Sadly, acting talent, is not always synonymous with the phrase 'movie star'. Having a great smile and a firm ass, doesn't always mean the individual is in possession of acting ability. But they do however attract millions of paying customers.....which is obviously a plus!

While I want great actors, I have bills to pay. After much consideration and sleepless nights, I'm mentally drained. I need your help.

Can you please suggest actors / stars that you consider may attract you to my movie.....as a paying customer obviously. (Did I mention that I have bills to pay?)

Feel free to 'think outside the box'. The individuals do not even have to be experienced actors. Pop singers, or anyone from any other walk of life, no matter how unlikely, can be a movie 'star' these days.

The main roles that we need to fill include the following:-

George W. Bush
George H. W. Bush
Dick Cheney
Colin Powell
Tony Blair (Possibly a role for Anthony Hopkins, or anyone who can do a great Brit accent - Such as Dick Van Dyke for example)
Osama Bin Laden
Saddam Evil Dictator (Also a possible role for Anthony Hopkins)

As the screenplay isn't quite finished yet (A work in progress), feel free to offer suggestions for other primary or even secondary characters, and suitable stars that could do their roles justice....and attract large audiences.

You may be intrigued to know that Richard Gere has already expressed an interest in playing G.W. Bush, but he has mentioned a desire to make it a singing / dancing part, which may take this movie in a direction that I'm not sure that I want to go. He has a 'vision' of 'Apocalypse Now', meets 'Cabaret'. I said that I would let him know....or words to that effect.

Tom Cruise has let 'his people' tell 'my people' know that he's considering the Colin Powell role. As I said before....about ass and smiles.....but he does attract 'huge box office', so I haven't ruled out this idea. As you can see, I have few artistic morals, and will say yes to just about anything that may make money.

Please help me.

There will be free popcorn to the person with the best ideas. (But this should not be taken as meaning that you will receive monetary payment for your input. 'My people' told me to point that out. So don't get any funny ideas about buying a private jet from the proceeds of whatever you post here. This is an artistic community...and we share our ideas....for free!!)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,061 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 03:55 pm
Well, Stinger, if you really want great box office, you'll need to cast women in the film, too. Just a thought.

In that light, I suggest, in the role of that raven-haired vixen Laura Bush, Julia Roberts.

Not sure who to cast in the Condi Rice role, though...

And welcome to Able2Know! You'll find it like abuzz but somewhat more civilized. At least, so far...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 03:56 pm
Stinger- Welcome to A2K. Can I think about this a bit, maybe call the "coast" for some ideas, and get back to you. Sounds like a plan!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 03:57 pm
First, a bit of advice. Motion picture accounting is like from Mars. Demand a percentage of gross - not net. There will not be any net if the studio has a good accountant. They will.

For starring roles, I am available.

I do remember you from Abuzz and my check is not "in the post." It arrived 8 months ago, and is being used in a research project involving perpetual motion. Meaning it hasn't stopped bouncing.

Finally, welcome to a2k. What took you so long, feller?

akaRoger
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:07 pm
Vanessa Williams as Condi Rice.

Jack Black as Donald Rumsfeld.

Ian McKellen as George the Elder.

Sigourney Weaver as Laura Bush.

Armand Assante as Paul Wolfowitz.

Lawrence Fishburn as Colin Powell.

The voice of Don Knotts as Dick Cheney, whom we never actually see since he's always in a "undisclosed location."

Meg Ryan and Angelina Jolie as the obligatory lesbian love interest. Because every movie should have one.

And Larry Mathers as the Shrub. Gee, Wally, I didn't mean to launch those missiles!
0 Replies

Stinger

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:07 pm
Well it's good to see familiar names. Apparently I'm not the only person who skipped out off Abuzzville in the dark of night, owing money, being pursued by officials from several law enforcement agencies. Do you guys have wanted posters too?

Roger - Thanks for that financial advice. I suspected my shyster accountant was trying to scam me. I don't know about a 'starring role', but maybe a walk-on part. Unless of course you know Jennifer Lopez....in which case we can talk about expanding your screen time....a little.

D'artagnan - I'm surprised at you. So jsu how far ahead of the police did you leave Abuzz? I like the Julia Roberts idea - but does she have to use the 'Pretty Woman' hooker wardrobe in this movie? I'm not saying that's a bad idea....just wondering out loud.

Phoenix - If I find out you've gone to sell my idea - I'm gonna get ya!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:26 pm
Yes, Stinger, I got out in the nick of time. Like a rat from a sinking ship. (They got me into the witness protection program; I don't really live in Seattle...)

Blacksmithn: Love your casting ideas!

All: Let's do lunch. I'll have my people call your people...
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:27 pm
Ooh! And Hugh Grant as Tony Blair!

Britney Spears as Jenna.

Courtney Cox Arquette as sister Barbara.

Lou Diamond Phillips as the bartender.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:32 pm
Lunch? I remember the snack at midnight had another name in the navy. - BTW: since I commanded a landing craft once, I'd liked to be mentioned in the credits at the end as "naval and maritime adviser".
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:38 pm
If we're putting in for jobs, I'd like Casting Director.

A couch comes with that, right?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:41 pm
No couch, blacksmithn. A cast is what they put you in.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:43 pm
With all that... ahem... talent to audition, I might end up in traction, at that!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:44 pm
Walter, who should play Gerhard Schröder?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:52 pm
Too bad Werner Klemperer is dead.

How about Gerard Depardieu as Chirac?
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 05:22 pm
Jimmy Walker has Condi's teeth down perfect, so we can throw a wig on him.

And he is, in all likelihood, available.
0 Replies

Stinger

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 05:25 pm
Blacksmithin - Well, a couch is cheaper than a luxuary trailer on the film lot.....you drive a hard bargin, but it's a deal.

Walter - Of course you can be our maritime adviser. Especially if you can povide one of those cool boats that you served on. Does it have large guns? We won't need the guns for the movie....I just like shooting at things.

D'artagnan - Two business associates of mine were delighted to learn of where you live. They say they know you, but lost touch when you went into the Witness Protection Program. They're named, Big Tony and Sal 'Stonecold' Del Matto. I think they are from New Jersey. Apparently you used to do some work for them, but disappeared suddenly....before they got the chance to say goodbye. I think they are planning to visit you. They mentioned something about a message that they had to deliver from your Godfather. Oh yeah...they had a fish to deliver to you as well....and some sort of cryptic message about you sleeping with the fish!! Or at least, I think that's what they said. You Americans, and your strange customs!!!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 05:38 pm
You'll have to sell the completed screenplay through Amazon. That's all I ask.

Oh, and Halle Berry as Condi Rice, but with prosthetic teeth. I see Sela Ward as Laura Bush.

Plus Harvey Fierstein in drag as the elder Barbara Bush.

Man, I'm cruel sometimes. Welcome, Mistah Stingah!
0 Replies

Stinger

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 06:00 pm
jespah

I thought that Barbara Bush REALLY was Harvey Fierstein in drag! You mean...it isn't?! Geeeezzzzzzzzzz!!! I'm going to need to review those tapes.

I'm still here, and the posting has started...as you can see. I've even just greeted the latest newbie...Joey.

That's a nice touch by the way. Easy to do. Just a pity that...the 'other place', hadn't made it so easy.

My previous estimations of this site, which were already exceedingly high, are now leaving earth's orbit.

If I was wearing a hat, I would take it off to you all. That sound you now hear, is a round of applause. Although if you really can hear me clapping via your computer, may I suggest you cut back on the coffee, leave your monitor for at least ten minutes, and get some fresh air.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 06:03 pm
Mwah, stingah!
0 Replies

Stinger

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 06:06 pm
jespah

Don't worry about hearing things via your computer.

I talk to myself all the time. As I tell my friends and family....it's the only way I get an intelligent conversation!
0 Replies