Got me a new DELL computer

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 05:07 pm
My old computer went bonkers; the fan broke, and I learned quickly that just to replace the fan would cost $200+. I searched for good deals on computers on the internet, and found a good deal on DELL.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 3,178 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 05:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I've never had a Dell, but I have been told they are good.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 06:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have used Dell computers (from my company) for over a decade. I travel a lot and they get a lot of use & handling. Very reliable.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 06:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My last computer had to be replaced because of a malfunctioning on/off switch! Really. The switch was a part of the front bezel. Cost from the only available supplier (in Canada) was $40.00 plus installation by a local shop. Not worth it for a low dollar (Acer) that was 5 years old.

I also got a Dell. Wal-Mart had reconditioned computers that still ran Windows 7 and I had no plans to get involved in Windows 8.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2016 07:50 pm
@roger,
The advertised price for the Dell I got was $429 at Best Buy. MSRP was $499.99. I went to the store in Mountain View, our neighboring town, and they had an "open box" one for $100 less, so that's what I bought. The guarantee is for 11 months instead of 12, but I've never had problems with computers that broke down in 12 months. I feel I got a fair deal.
0 Replies

geralddunn

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2016 12:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
That's Great.
0 Replies