Wifeswap/Trading Spouses

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 08:06 pm
this show rocks.

Anyone else watching?

I think it's better than Trading Spouses (which I LOVE too).

You're given more time to play the role in WS.

edit: I changed the title since the 2 shows are a lot alike.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,403 • Replies: 22
No top replies

panzade

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 08:07 pm
Is the show about swingers?... Shocked
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 08:30 pm
That's what I thought when I first heard about it.

...but nah. Wink

It's clean and no cheating. Sorry. hehe

This episode is greatness.

One couple. Haven't slept in the same room for 10-12 yrs. Goes Hunting. Clean, typical Southern home. Confederate flag hanging outside their home.

Another couple. Liberals. Animal rights activist. Hate Guns. Messy (cleans once a year). Lazy. Disrespectful rude kid.

Amy is an emotional wreck. I'm not sure why Glen's extended family was whistling at how hot Amy is. She looks like a beaver with eyes of a pug.

In the previews, Amy wants to "fight" because the Southern mom made her daughter obey a few rules and not talk-back. I can't wait until Emily (Amy's kid) is a teenager.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 08:31 pm
yep and trading spouses - what a laugh
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 09:04 pm
You put my dogs outside?!?! THERE ADOPTED!!!! (huge tantrum) --- I swear a 5 yr old could NOT have beaten her in the kicking and screaming.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 09:17 pm
I saw the episode with the rude NY millionares and the rustic woodchopping wife who drove a bus and the episode with the clean woman who made lists and liked quiet and the dirty woman who let her animals crap in her house on the floor and wanted to be her kids best friends. It seemed to me that they picked extremes and made examples, had an agenda they were pushing. Most people aren't as extreme as the people selected, and they haven't explained why they want to participate on this type of show. Confused It just doesn't have the playful edge TS has with its money twist.

Trading Spouses is better b/c it has the same feeling of stranger adapting to strange territory, but has the added twist of being about getting $50,000.00. You kind of understood why families wanted the money, even if you couldn't sympathize with their lifestyle choices. While it still seems edited to push force its premise(s) about families, it comes across as funnier with the twist about the money.

We've pretty much stopped watching either of them now that fall is here, we have school and other obligations and can't/don't sit around watching quite so much tv. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked TS was entertaining w/its novelty over the summer, and while I understand that WS came up with the idea first, TS was on first, and set the standard, made us desire some irony that is lacking from what I've seen on WS.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:16 am
Last night's episode was a riot.

The carefree no rules wife LOST it when the two families met each other. Very obnoxious. At least her husband seemed like a gentleman who really tried to follow the rules. When the wife said "How dare they make my kids work. My kids NEVER work" (paraphrased) ....I started laughing. That's the entire purpose of the show!

Then the military father having to deal with *gasp* ...kids having fun at the pool party was hilarious. There he was standing at attn. trying not to explode. Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:23 am
I watched one episode when it first came on. Thought I would pretty much adapt to either environment (other than the animal dung in the house - but I'm an animal lover and would have trained them / dealt with it)

Thought they were too emotional / serious about it. Geeze, it's a tv show and everything will be back to normal soon enough. Adapt.

Lost enterest after that.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:28 am
I watched part of one -- I don't know if it was this or "Trading Spouses." There was a weird hyper Californian fitness freak couple, and a laid-back, Midwestern (?), overweight couple with laid-back, not-exactly-overweight-but-not-that-athletic kids. The CA husband was making the MW wife work out 2 hours a day or something, and was unremittingly snide to her. The CA wife kept saying how SHE did things and how much better that was. ("MY kids get up at 7:00 AM and exercise for... blah blah blah.") The MW husband had a good line about, ya know, that's why nobody likes people from California. ;-)

Does this ring any bells? I didn't finish watching and was curious about what happened.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:51 am
I don't think that one sounds familiar to me, but I have missed a few. You should have kept watching. They always give me that warm fussy. My mom said she didn't care for the show. Pffh.

my favorites:

rich family that has 3 maids + hard-working family that chops wood

animal lover to the extreme + deer hunting folks who had a confederate flag out.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 11:11 am
I saw the last half of the episode Soz saw. I was ready to heave something at the California husband. He was so rude and obnoxious.

The California wife made those MW kids and husband pretty happy after a bit. The kids were loving all the sports she got them involved with - and the dad was thrilled. The MW wife was a bit surprised when her kids wanted to keep exercising and going to sports, but she nodded and went with it. The whole MW family was exercising in the followup visit.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 11:18 am
Oh, that sounds like a good resolution. It did creep me out when the CA wife asked the kids why they liked that greasy fatty food, didn't it just make them feel sleepy? And the kid said, I like feeling sleepy, it's relaxing. Shocked

Did the CA hubby get any kind of uppance? He so had it coming...
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 07:23 pm
This Trading Spouses episode that's on right now is making me hungry for crapcakes and gumbo.

Quote:
Mrs. Gates of El Cajon, Calif. and Mrs. Loupe of Thibodeaux, La., trade houses and
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:36 pm
I've been watching Wife Swap. I get so tickled at some of the families they can come up with.

The Extreme Animal Lovers vs. Animal Hunter, sleeping in his boxers in the LZ Boy, you know the confederate flag hanging in the front yard...

I ROLLED over that one.

But.....on the other hand, I could have died! That women that cried and prayed over the deer head on the wall was from Arkansas. Honestly, she has to be a transplant..lol But my thinking was: What the hell, they'd just go into the first trailor park, white trash neighborhoold they could find and pick the trashiest folks they could come across. I say...."PLEEESSSEEE.......come on, the guy had dreadlocks, he cried, he was a vegeterian" You don't see many men in this area with DREDLOCKS and Crying.......and eating thier veggies. THis is Arkansas. This is a Meat and Potatoes & Bread State. This is a state where opening day of deer season is a BIG Holiday!! lol........

Shaking my head.........they were transplants.....lol
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 07:13 pm
I thought it was nice of Mrs. Loupe to make a vegan gumbo despite it being her week to do things like she would at home. At least it shows she is trying to make the home happy.

I can't believe Barbara showed that video (why killing animals is wrong) at a "party" where she was supposed to be entertaining.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 07:48 pm
Barbara was not open-minded at all despite what she said. Someone from another board noticed she preached on and on about meat causing cancer AS she lit up a cigarette!!!

I loved this comment *gasp* :

Guess who decided where our money went? That's right, ...the Cajun Mary Poppins.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 08:39 am
THAT WAS THE WORST ONE YET
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 09:20 pm
Husband Swap - awesome.

"thanks be to the sun, and the truck drivers who brought the food from the farm to the stores,...."

I loved the look the new husband had while listening to her song-prayer.

Another favorite:

fam 1: so i take it you've never had a compost bin? (where they get rid of all their trash themselves)

kenny: no, we got rid of it a few years ago.

fam 1: oh really?

kenny: no... we've never had one. (rolling eyes)
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 09:31 pm
Week the fathers take over:

"You live a pretty wasteful life. I'd like to start off with a song"

new father: "peace to you. peace to your home. peace to your town. peace to the earth."

"You will go to your neighbor's house and apologize for the state of your yard"

that is too funny
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 08:12 pm
This past Trading Sposes was greatness.

The family practices Daoism. Is that right?? Anywho, I kept wondering how the two boys will ever meet a girl if they continue to sleep with their parents and never go out. Will the parents let them go to college? More importantly, .....with shoes? haha The boys were good-looking guys.

Sleeping in the same room with your kids who are teenagers .....since their birth.... is just not healthy for any relationship imo.
0 Replies