What do you think the dutch people are?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 03:56 pm
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Old Holland is The Netherlands and Belgium

Quote:

source: "Holland." Encyclopædia Britannica. 2004. Encyclopædia Britannica Premium Service.
14 Nov. 2004 <http://www.britannica.com/eb/article?tocId=9040788>.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 04:24 pm
America is a place in Holland ...
0 Replies

Diego Armando Maradona

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:24 am
Holland is commonly known as the Netherlands.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:25 am
How long ago did you leave from here, Diego?
0 Replies

Diego Armando Maradona

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 11:34 am
About 2 months ago and have been back 2 times
0 Replies

bugscout

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 06:14 am
hi,

i´m no dutchman, but a member of the north-frisian-clan in germany, they have the same roots like the east-frisian (they live south-west of us, there is the opinion, that they are the stupidest people in germany, don´t even know in which direction the live ;-) ) and the west-frisian in the netherlands.

so i think, i know i little of the mentality.

Quote:
In my point of view, they are just not as open as what I thought compared to americans I know

one main part in the character of mostly all nothern europian peoples is
to speak nothing, if there is nothing to talk about. this could be interpreted as "not so open".

the contrast is to speak all the time even if you say nothing like the italians do. they also do it only in their own language and you have to learn it or have to learn how to use your hands.

if you prefer people that can talk in english go to sweden.
mostly all off them will understand you.

or try to get in contact with the guys of the nigeria connection, they are understanding a little of your language and seam to live in amsterdam.
http ://www.secretservice.gov/alert419.shtml

regards
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 06:38 am
bugscout

Welcome to A2K.

(For the non-Germans: bugscout lives in a town, which is commonly known as "Gray town on the seaside", and the North-Frisians are r e a l cousins of their East-Frisian brethren - besides those, who live in Dithmarschen. [But than, we had to discuss, why those drink what kind of beer ...]) Sad
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 08:24 am
bugscout wrote:
one main part in the character of mostly all nothern europian peoples is to speak about nothing, if there is nothing to talk about.

Heh. I don't know about the Frysians, but the people from Groningen (that other northernmost province of the Netherlands, right by your border) are well-known for their almost unnerving few- and small-wordedness ;-)

Grrreeat difference with the urban West or the Catholic South, though
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 07:33 pm
welcome, bugscout ! when i went to school - long ago, can't remember when - and someone came up with a quick but foolish answer our teacher used to say : 'had you remained quiet, you would have been seen a wise person' ("haettest du geschwiegen, waerest du als weiser erschienen"). i think the frisians have a way of managing to appear as 'wise persons'. btw. our teacher came from schleswig not frisia. hbg
0 Replies

shortncute11185

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 05:32 pm
From what I've heard the Dutch are similar to the Germans (in terms of ethnic back round, language, culture, etc.) but they are a lot friendlier :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 11:37 pm
shortncute11185 wrote:
From what I've heard the Dutch are similar to the Germans (in terms of ethnic back round, language, culture, etc.) but they are a lot friendlier :wink:

Well, the one hears this and the other that story, but you might certainly be correct - one can see it here on the board:wink:
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 03:15 am
Here is my only Dutch/Nederlandisch joke:

'Knock, knock'
'Excuse me, I have to answer the door'.
0 Replies

Blitzkrig

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 05:23 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Here is my only Dutch/Nederlandisch joke:

'Knock, knock'
'Excuse me, I have to answer the door'.

Dutch people ar the same as Germans they live just a little more west
And are not friendly
Look at the most descrimiated lands (Indonesia, South Africa) in the world who are they? Netherlands ?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:15 pm
I would have guessed someone named "Blitzkrieg" wouldnt have much nice to say about the Dutch ... Razz
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 07:42 pm
Stop descrimiating nimh!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 01:17 am
I'm different to nimh.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 01:20 am
...and it WAS a joke! I usually make it about the Swiss (that oughta set someone off).
0 Replies

AjiniANL

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 08:13 pm
¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤

Not the dutch people are just talking only in dutch....But its everywhere....
If same orgin people gather together...they started to talk same languages.No matter who u are...but if the orgin...joins together..u forget about the people around you! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 06:08 pm
That's a thinker.
0 Replies

Kleine fret

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 09:18 am
Blitzkrig wrote:

Dutch people ar the same as Germans they live just a little more west
And are not friendly
Look at the most descrimiated lands (Indonesia, South Africa) in the world who are they? Netherlands ?

Ey, we are friendly to others. Confused
We just live by the rule: live and let live.
By the way, we are nown in Germany for our humor.
And belive, I now.
0 Replies