An old fashioned telephone topic, re number of messages and other matters

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 07:52 pm
When I was a young adult, my father suggested we record ourselves. He had a tape machine, which I remember as large. The name started with a W, I think. Later it went into the garage, and someone stole it. Anyway, we didn't record our voices. I was too dumb to get it, the desire to do that, and now I could kick myself in retrospect, as he died not very much later and my mother could still converse back then.

I kept some phone tapes over the years - where are they, in a drawer, and I don't pull them out to listen, if I could get them to work. Just a sense of old connection, at hand.

Years later I've had phones with answer machine capabilities and a message saving limit. I'm a little odd in that I save favorite people's voices. I've several from my ex/still friend (wonderful voice), one or two saved from JLNobody, one from Roger, always at least one from Diane. I didn't save it, dammit, but I still remember a call from Mame, who called me Osso, sounding like awso, not the way I hear the name in my mind, so, funny and charming to me. Dys, I'm mad at myself for not saving his voice.

Point is, I can get to a message saving limit fast. I keep getting all these political calls that I never pick up, and then I get to erase them so they don't kill possibility of real messages..

I expect that when I am out tomorrow, the bulge of calls will need a packet of removal time. So it goes...

Do any you still have old-days inline telephones?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,572 • Replies: 0
No top replies