ITS GETTING UGLY HEREIN, let's remember

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 04:10 pm
@roger,
Any leader who tends to use "I" more than 'we' looks like a duck and talks like a duck.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 04:25 pm
@roger,
Roger, apparently it's not against the law for a president to continue to run his business. Just because every other president in modern times did it is becoming almost as quaint an idea as Rumsfeld thought the Geneva convention was, all that squeamish stuff about torture. Ethically, it's a dreadful idea. But it doesn't seem that 'unethical' is a deal breaker for some folks anymore. Trumps clothes are made in China and elsewhere but Trump's idea of a blind trust is to hand the businesses over to his 3 oldest children. What could possibly go wrong, it's not like anyone should worry that foreign governments will enter into lucrative contracts with the Trump empire and expect special considerations from an enriched administration ahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahhahah ah. That would never happen. That would be corruption.
roger

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 04:32 pm
@glitterbag,
You're expecting The Moscow Trump Tower?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 04:43 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

AGREED!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 06:56 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

I wonder why the Don picked Pence. Or maybe he didn't pick him.

There was this juicy stuff, though all based on anon sources of course:

Trump offered Christie VP spot, then took it back: report

Quote:
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump reportedly offered New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) the vice presidential spot, but then took it back, the New York Post reported Sunday.

The publication said the GOP nominee hadn't decided whom he was going to choose as his running mate with a week left before the Republican National Convention in July.

He had narrowed the choice to Christie, former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R).

The GOP nominee's advisers and members of his family reportedly wanted Trump to choose Pence as his running mate — the decision he ultimately ended up making.

On July 12, the New Jersey governor contacted Trump to try to win the spot, according to the Post. [..] Christie “said all the BS that Trump likes to hear, and Trump said, ‘Yeah, sure I’m giving it to you,' " the second source told the newspaper.

Then Trump's campaign chairman at the time, Paul Manafort, arranged for the GOP nominee to meet with Pence in Indianapolis on July 13. He then told Trump his plane was having mechanical problems so the GOP nominee had to stay in town another night.

Pence used the time to try to win the spot, while Trump's advisers warned the issues Christie would bring with the Bridgegate controversy would destroy the GOP nominee's presidential campaign. [..]

Trump then decided to give Pence the position and told the New Jersey governor it would "tear my family apart if I gave you VP," a source told the newspaper.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 09:23 pm
@roger,
Moscow Trump, yikes. That would be so risky for so many reasons. In 1997 the US began to construct a new embassy in Moscow. By 1985 we discovered the building was replete with listening devices, the entire structure had been built by Russian workers. We wanted to rebuild with US workers but the Soviets wouldn't grant permission to allow them in country. Next step, our govt refused to allow the Soviets to move into their new D.C. digs. This standoff went on till 1994 when American workers were finally allowed in to dismantle most of the building then build 4 completely new upper floors.

Since Trump will become the 45th president and is now pushing for his 3 oldest adult children to be granted top secret clearances, plus run his business I'm not comfortable (and I doubt any other retired or current intell professionals would be) the kids being read into programs. They can't (actually shouldn't) do both and it wouldn't really be in their best interest. And really not in the country's interest. I know Trump sees his kids as his security blanket, but this is an indulgence that the would be leader of the free world needs to give up.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 10:22 pm
@glitterbag,
Just maybe, this could be the cause of his impeachment.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 11:32 pm
@glitterbag,
I have to admit I agree with you about the security clearances for his kids. If they are going to run the Trump business they don't need them and in fact it will create at least the appearance of a conflict. If they are going to part of his governing team, they need them but then they can't run the business.

I haven't heard any rationale from him or his team, but I think it's not only a mistake, it's wrong.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 12:06 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
My whole career was with NSA, (ok loaned to the State Dept, CIA and a few other places)t there are no schools or universities that can prepare you for that work. When I joined, I couldn't tell anyone other than my parents where I worked, i could only say DOD. This doesn't mean it was rocket science, but it required a discipline, training and security briefings to keep us on the right track. Every country/government in the world has an operation like ours........dispite all the bullshit about the Soviets/Russians becoming a democracy.........they don't want to be a democracy.....they like defrauding foreign investors....they still run spy rings in this country....does anyone else remember the last time our country rounded up a bunch of Russian moles?

tTats my concern with the Trump kids, I get that they understand business opportunities........but protecting complicated intelligence networks or guarding against the enemy learning about trade secrets is mind boggling. They have to either be government people or business people, they can't be both.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2016 01:42 pm
@glitterbag,
I totally agree; they don't have a need to know, and any of their communication only exposes our secrets to people who makes it their job to get the information. That's the reason when I had a TSC, we never talked about our job outside of our work environment. When you work with nuclear weapons, you understand the consequences of our enemy getting any information about our weapons or strategy.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 09:33 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:

tTats my concern with the Trump kids, I get that they understand business opportunities........but protecting complicated intelligence networks or guarding against the enemy learning about trade secrets is mind boggling. They have to either be government people or business people, they can't be both.

Do you not think about what you post, before hiting that button?

The whole issue with the DNC candidate was her complete lack of caution or oversight when it came to dealing with sensitive govt information in cyberspace.

Jaw-droppingly naive, or intentionally trolling. There's no middle ground here.

roger

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 09:44 pm
@Builder,
Are you saying she's wrong?
Builder

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 10:11 pm
@roger,
About an unknown ? It's called speculation.

We know the DNC candidate left her back door open.

The question remains on the profit motive.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 12:37 am
Your first line always tells me the theme of your post. I (and every Aussie) couldn't give a flying f7ck about your past, hippie.

Your rants about your clearances are completely off-course here. Who really gives a damn about your past? It has no bearing on your present.

It's just this imaginary space you used to live in.

What does it have to do with you NOW?

I'll give you a hint there, it starts with SFA.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 01:17 am
You need new material.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 01:30 am
@Builder,
You need something, but you'll never find it.
Builder

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 01:32 am
@glitterbag,
Cryptic crosswords? You'll never get them either.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 01:51 am
There's a handfull of Americans in my life who brighten it up no end. Clearly, you're not one of them. Abusing me won't make me go away, gal.

You're about as classically untrustworthy as the people you attempt to defend here.

Enjoy your anonymity. While it lasts.
Builder

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 02:11 am
That's about the depth and breadth of your imagination.

Have fun in there, kiddo. No slapping the wardies, okay?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 02:37 am
@roger,
So, Roger, how have you been feeling?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 03:39:27