ITS GETTING UGLY HEREIN, let's remember

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 10:10 pm
@ossobucotemp,
And with your repetition, you can go to hell.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 10:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
are you kidding? no, you are not.
That aunt hated "japs" but she didn't know about quotation marks. I was explaining how bald she was.

If you don't know by now that that is not my view, then you have not read my posts for years. You probably haven't read them at all.

She didn't like it that I had japanese friends. She told my mother that I smoked mariajuana, how she said it, but I didn't back then.

Geez, have you ever read anything I said?
farmerman

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 01:37 am
@ossobucotemp,
you guys are biting at each other for using printed word to explain why certain words are not acceptable.

Lets not make it uglier by miscommunication.

I can see these "revelations and predictions " about the future of the ship of state are coming out of many of our members primary orifices
We shall recognize Obama as one of our greatest presidents and either Trump will succeed , or not. ( I hope his success is possible because it is a populist victory and (mostly)because Im not interested in shooting myself in my own economic foot just for party loyalty and sepukhu at the Hillary shrine). Her meat is dead.

However, I do not see any major changes in the system. The voters and the rest of the public have been played by two poor
candidates and the results were based upon the brilliance of statewide candidate management..
After all, this election came down to the brilliant capture strategies of two states, Pa and Michigan, by key LOCAL individuals. All the rest was mere scorekeeping. The Pa college pundits called this outcome in August because Hillary was not (in everyones estimation) paying suitable attention to 70% of the voters in Pa, and Trump, under constant urging of his Pa /Ohio campaign managers, had Trump visit so many small towns in Pa where he ENERGIZED voters by turning Hillary into the consumate DC Insider who was merely the "anti-coal mining" extension of Obama. Trump did this backroad Pa whistle stop electioneering unlike anyone since Kennedy (who did the same damn thing). Our Politics is NOT rocket surgery, its pure dishwasher soap marketing. We all knew this,

I feel fortunate to be able to see Alec Baldwins brand new comedy career blossom, and I think the entertainers who stray too close to politics got their uppances arrived..
Its gonna be a very interesting 4 years that, save any external tragedies, will decide the following four. No big sea changes.Thats all that politics today is about. Anybody seeing a politician being selfless enough to actually stand for principle or other than personal aggrandizement , is already reading J K Rowling Books as history

izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 01:48 am
@ossobucotemp,
The n word used to be a real word as well, now we call it the n word. My mother died recently and my father got out some old reviews of her theatre work, on the back was an advert for wool. One of the colours was described as the n word.

Nobody who knows you could ever describe you as racist, but following Trump's victory it might be an idea if those of us who have the benefit of white privilege are a bit more sensitive to those who don't.

Similar to Brexit, racist incidents have shot up, and we all need to be on our guard.
farmerman

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 02:09 am
@izzythepush,
SCience used to be loaded with racist and xenophobic technical terms.
Mining was especially racist in the US till about the 1950's. Some Brit and Boer terms still exist in Africa as well as Chinese, and Phillipino terms in Asian mining .

izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 02:16 am
@farmerman,
There was a BBC special on the 70s a few weeks back. Some of the casual racism was shocking for today's audience. The black and white minstrel show, blackface, was mainstream Saturday night BBC entertainment showing right up until 1978. That's not so long ago.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 02:19 am
@farmerman,
huh?
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 04:28 am
@farmerman,
Re: dalehileman (Post 6298976)
Quote:
Litening to the hysteria on both sides makes me woner whether theres any medicine thatll cure everyone.

There's a hurry-up in the legalisation of medicinal marijuana. Might be something in that.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 04:32 am
@izzythepush,
Code:Some of the casual racism was shocking for today's audience.

Gooks and sand-niggers and towel-heads, my African-American?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 04:42 am
@Builder,
I see you're still comfortable with such language. Listen to a lot of Kevin Bloody Wilson do you?
Builder

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 06:01 pm
@izzythepush,
These terms are US-born.

Not Australian.

Kevin is only doing bowls clubs and RSLs these days.

I don't frequent such places.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 07:45 pm
Before this election I had a lot more respect for progressives nationwide.

Obviously I thought they were wrongheaded and worse, but I never thought they were such crybaby, emotional wrecks.

The reaction to Trump's victory has surprised me and I didn't think progressives could surprise me.

This is what comes from allowing emotion to rule your brain.

If you're proud of this childish reaction, so be it. I know you don't care where you stand on my list of acceptability, but do you have any pride?

I've seen far more than one image or report of people calling for Trump to be killed and little children holding "F*ck Trump" signs. In the case of the former you are criminals and the Secret Service need to come down on you like a ton of bricks. In the case of the latter, you should be ashamed of yourselves as parents.

You are adults...act like it!

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 08:32 pm
I don't want a Pence presidency, so I am going to try to get through a Trump one. I know where the former stands, but Trump is not so predictable, as yet.
roger

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 08:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Using them as examples of racist language doesn't mean he would ever use them in his own speech.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 08:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
A few people have already predicted that Trump will be impeached in his first year.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 08:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't see how they can get Republican support for that.
Builder

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 08:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And more than a few people have said that this was the plan all along.

How has any impeachment trial panned out lately?

And more pertinently, how has any Trump trial panned out lately?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 08:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/11/prediction-professor-who-called-trumps-big-win-also-made-another-forecast-trump-will-be-impeached/?client=safari
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 08:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Like I said: I do not want Pence in any shape or form. Talk about a danger to the nation.
roger

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Aw, quit trying to cheer people up.

By the way, have you any idea how his blind trust is going to look, especially considering the Trump branding?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:38:46