ITS GETTING UGLY HEREIN, let's remember

Builder

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Like I said: I do not want Pence in any shape or form.

Did he piss on your parade one time, Edgar?

Joe Biden has been virtually invisible for the term of Obama's reign.

0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 09:46 pm
This is so f%&#ing good.

https://www.facebook.com/viralthread/videos/598130190359668/
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:10 pm
I have read up on Pence. He is the stereotypical teabagger. Put him with congress as it is made up today and every last vestige of a safety net will vanish.
Builder

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
I wonder why the Don picked Pence. Or maybe he didn't pick him.

I don't know.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:28 pm
@Builder,
Seems I read Trump had second thoughts but Pence avoided getting dropped somehow.
Builder

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
There'd be many a deal we'll never know about for sure.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 02:56 am
Regarding Trump/Hitler comparisons, I found this new Hitler-parodie on Youtube:

"Hitler finds out Donald Trump has won the presidential election"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YEhNHNydIs

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p29/badoit/2-Hitler-Trump_zpsknit2pba.jpg
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 02:59 am
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p29/badoit/3-Hitler-Trump_zpscclngjac.jpg
Builder

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 03:32 am
@contrex,
Berry cool and funny photos, but the whole Godwin's law gimme is sad.

And remember, foremost, that Donald is a Drumpf.
0 Replies

catbeasy

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 09:23 am
@edgarblythe,
Yes, agreed, it goes from Hillary to Trump to Pence..Pence promises to be worse than Trump. That dude's policies are straight up evil. He's inquisition style of government. We know his type and what they want to do and its not pretty.

We can only hope that Trump has as scatter brained a presidency as his campaign. Hopefully that way nothing will get done..

Ok, that's the fantasy..but yeah, it's hard to know what will happen. The worse case scenario is not appealing. But its time for the democrats, the progressives, whomever is not a conservative fear mongering and hate based to get together and overcome this. There's enough of us.

There's one thing this election has shown, despite Hillary winning the popular vote, Trump's folks trumped ours where it counts. Granted there's an adjustment period of shock and sadness, but its time to nut up. We can't whine ourselves into a change..
izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 10:58 am
@catbeasy,
catbeasy wrote:
We can only hope that Trump has as scatter brained a presidency as his campaign. Hopefully that way nothing will get done..

And hope that after two years he doesn't get tired of the job and let Pence take over. Richard Osman said he thought that might well happen.
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 11:04 am
@catbeasy,
weve gone through the 4 stages of mourning. I arrived at a watchful resignation as my stasis.

learnt the word KAKISTOCRACY, nuff said
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 11:05 am
Fear of Pence is right up there with fear of Trump, in my view; maybe worse.
0 Replies

catbeasy

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 11:54 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
And hope that after two years he doesn't get tired of the job and let Pence take over

Pence will do as much damage as he can. We can only hope Trump doesn't get too tired. We went through this with Cheney..and by comparison he doesn't seem as bad as Pence..My perception of Cheney was that he was out for himself, not fulfilling some Grand Plan beyond is own aggrandizement.

There's something about Pence's type of conservative. These "moral" types are the worst - those that seek to impinge their morals on others where there is major disagreement on whether or not the moral in question is even a moral.

I think the psychology is one of "If I can't have this/do this/think this, then no one can".

What's worse is the blatant irrationality of some of their moral beliefs. The whole gay thing. Pence thinks (if it can be called such!) that gays can be rehabilitated hetero. This kind of thinking, substituting one's personal experience (or closing yourself to contrary experiences) for what someone else's morals dictate, is self-treason.

Then there's their ideals of punishment. Straight out of the Old Testament. There is no rehabilitative thoughts there. Its punish first, then fear, prostration and genuflection.

And it isn't just a policy issue. These folks actively think they are part of the Supreme Plan of the Universe. Assisting in it's rightful unfolding. There's no dissuading these people or even convincing them they might be wrong. That is what is really scary..
0 Replies

catbeasy

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 11:55 am
@farmerman,
Didn't know that word. Do now. Yes.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 12:09 pm
@catbeasy,
I didn't know it either. To me, right now we're in a place where fear of the #2 guy is sort of protective to the #1 scary person.
catbeasy

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 12:51 pm
@ossobucotemp,
To me, freedom starts with the mind. If that's not free, then of what use is the rest? The ultimate denial of what it means to be a human. The fear is not to be able to think, and by extension, speak honestly. To me, freedom of speech/mind is worth all our other freedoms combined..

This is the logical end of Pence..
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 12:54 pm
@catbeasy,
We are free to a certain extent, but society controls our 'freedom' - as it should.
catbeasy

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 01:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
society controls our 'freedom' - as it should.

I don't question that there are controls society imposes, even with freedom of speech.

But I think most of us realize that the types of limits someone like Pence would impose if could, are so extreme, they have no practical value; they exist for the sake of control.

Power and fundamental religion will never have a good end. Never had, never will. Too strict, too inflexible, too critical, to unthinking, rigid.

Of course, you don't need religion to achieve this. Plenty of a-religious gov't's like the soviet union and N. Korea have achieved suppressions worthy of what we saw from religious govt's in the medieval ages.

I think the difference is that its my opinion that these types of govt's are inevitable when run by religious fundamentalists..

Oh, its also worth noting that apparently (per wiki..) the N. Korean constitution allows for freedom of religion..
roger

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2016 04:00 pm
@catbeasy,
quote="catbeasy"]

But I think most of us realize that the types of limits someone like Pence would impose if could, are so extreme, they have no practical value; they exist for the sake of control.
[/quote]

Oh, I just thought that should be quoted in case someone missed it.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 02:08:50