Quantum weirdeness determinism and pilot waves explained

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 10:50 am
I have talked about this topic on several occasions to defend a deterministic non random approach to quantum weirdness but better them my macaroni English here is a simple to understand quick film on the topic:

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,141 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 01:11 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

I have talked about this topic on several occasions to defend a deterministic non random approach to quantum weirdness but better them my macaroni English here is a simple to understand quick film on the topic:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIyTZDHuarQ[/youtube]

The cool part about entanglement is you could (in theory) send data instantly over massive distances. Data lag wouldnt exist.

You have two quantum modems that create particles that are entangled. This establishment phase would take a little bit of time but once the two entanged particles were created you could have instant data transfers.

By manipulating the particle the entanged particle on the other end will mimic it exactly.

You could also create as many entanged particles as you wanted. This means you could instantly be connected with millions of connections all transfering data instantly.

Real time events can be broadcasted instantly with no delay.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 01:41 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:

The cool part about entanglement is you could (in theory) send data instantly over massive distances. Data lag wouldnt exist.

This is completely untrue according to Quantum Theory (or any other accepted theory in modern science). The claim that data can be sent instantly over a distance contradicts what Quantum Mechanics actually says.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 01:42 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
This is an interesting video. He makes a pretty significant mistake at the beginning of the video... and repeats it a couple of times later.

The droplets are not causing the standing waves. I am pretty sure the standing waves are being generated by laboratory equipment.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 01:52 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
The cool part about entanglement is you could (in theory) send data instantly over massive distances. Data lag wouldn't exist.

That is completely opposite to what I have heard explained in several entanglement presentations. Are you sure you aren't reading a bad source, or maybe misunderstanding what they are saying?
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 02:37 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I hope someone like Man will explain it all in short sentences of common words placed in the usu order
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 04:42 pm
@maxdancona,
As far as I could get it the equipment does the jiggling but the droplets bounce creates the pilot wave.
0 Replies