I Am Undecided.

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 07:02 am
I Am Undecided.
I am an undecided voter. I just can't decide between the thrice married,bloviating failed businessman who gropes woman and humiliates them in public, doesn't pay his bills and scams people with fake universities, disrespects veterans and non-white Americans, AND the former lawyer, First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State who has over 30 years of experience, has fended off countless attacks from the right and even the left...has been accused of treason, and even murder for political reasons and is STILL standing and fighting every DAMN DAY.

Tough choice.

These new emails that no one has read and no one knows anything about just might push me over the edge towards Trump...

SAID NO ONE EVER.

These people don't exist.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 3,103 • Replies: 67

Below viewing threshold (view)
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 11:20 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
Clinton's response to repressive, authoritarian regimes known for human rights abuses and support of terrorists is to reward them with weapons deals, which in turn rewards companies that make the weapons for the weapons deals;

Which ones? North Korea? Libya? Russian Federation? Republic of Congo? Syria? What "repressive, authoritarian regimes known for human rights abuses and support of terrorists" are you speaking of?????

Quote:
rewards companies that make the weapons for the weapons deals; and in turn, they all reward Clinton with contributions

Which of those "companies" are those? Name one that donated to Clinton that did not donate to tRump and the GOP in hundreds of House and Senate campaigns.

I thought you were one of the "Citizen's United" ruling supporters? Money is free speech. The "companies" whoever they are, are only expressing free speech. The issue is where the money is coming from, not to whom it is going.

Quote:
But I'm guessing that such behavior could be interpreted as, oh I don't know . . . narcissistic? Self-serving? Just plain morally wrong? Or, all three?

All politians have some degree of narcism. Hell, tRump is the Webster's illustration of narcism. It may be self serving, it may be subjectively 'morally' wrong - but it isn't illegal. Its time to clean out Congress and put big business and the wealthy 5% into their place as tax payers.
Glennn

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 12:34 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
In 2011, the State Department cleared an enormous arms deal: Led by Boeing, a consortium of American defense contractors would deliver $29 billion worth of advanced fighter jets to Saudi Arabia, despite concerns over the kingdom's troublesome human rights record. In the years before Hillary Clinton became secretary of state, Saudi Arabia had contributed $10 million to the Clinton Foundation, and just two months before the jet deal was finalized, Boeing donated $900,000 to the Clinton Foundation, according to an International Business Times investigation released Tuesday.

The Saudi transaction is just one example of nations and companies that had donated to the Clinton Foundation seeing an increase in arms deals while Hillary Clinton oversaw the State Department. IBT found that between October 2010 and September 2012, State approved $165 billion in commercial arms sales to 20 nations that had donated to the foundation, plus another $151 billion worth of Pentagon-brokered arms deals to 16 of those countries—a 143 percent increase over the same time frame under the Bush Administration. The sales boosted the military power of authoritarian regimes such as Qatar, Algeria, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, and Oman, which, like Saudi Arabia, had been criticized by the department for human rights abuses.

From the IBT (International Business Times) investigation:

As secretary of state, Hillary Clinton also accused some of these countries of failing to marshal a serious and sustained campaign to confront terrorism. In a December 2009 State Department cable published by Wikileaks, Clinton complained of "an ongoing challenge to persuade Saudi officials to treat terrorist financing emanating from Saudi Arabia as a strategic priority." She declared that "Qatar's overall level of CT cooperation with the U.S. is considered the worst in the region." She said the Kuwaiti government was "less inclined to take action against Kuwait-based financiers and facilitators plotting attacks." She noted that "UAE-based donors have provided financial support to a variety of terrorist groups." All of these countries donated to the Clinton Foundation and received increased weapons export authorizations from the Clinton-run State Department...

In all, governments and corporations involved in the arms deals approved by Clinton’s State Department have delivered between $54 million and $141 million to the Clinton Foundation as well as hundreds of thousands of dollars in payments to the Clinton family, according to foundation and State Department records.

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 12:44 pm
@Glennn,
Don't hold your breath waiting for a cogent response.
Glennn

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2016 12:48 pm
@McGentrix,
I won't. It's beginning to look like most posters believe that a thumbs-down constitutes a good rebuttal when it comes to information concerning Hillary Clinton.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 01:03 pm
@Glennn,
What absolute bollocks. America and Saudi Arabia have been doing business for a long time. Bush did a **** ton, and if you think Trump is going to turn his back on such an important customer, and source of oil you're living in a fantasy land.

Funny how you're so concerned about human rights now. No such concern existed when you conducted the illegal war in Iraq.
Real Music

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 01:52 pm
Oprah Joins T.D. Jakes To Discuss Her Thoughts On Presidential Election

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 07:42 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

What absolute bollocks. America and Saudi Arabia have been doing business for a long time. Bush did a **** ton, and if you think Trump is going to turn his back on such an important customer, and source of oil you're living in a fantasy land.

Funny how you're so concerned about human rights now. No such concern existed when you conducted the illegal war in Iraq.

You do understand the difference between two countries having diplomatic ties and a country having backroom ties to a "charity" that is controlled by corrupt power brokers, right?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 07:48 pm
Trump, skeptical of mail-in balloting, encourages voting more than once if necessary
Source: CNN

During a rally in Greeley, Colorado, on Sunday evening, Trump opened the event expressing skepticism of mail-in ballots in the state. He encouraged people to get a new ballot, even if they have already sent one in, and vote again.

"Who has sent their ballots in? And do you think those ballots are properly counted?" Trump asked the audience, to which they replied "No!"

Trump continued by expressing his skepticism and telling supporters to go get new ballots to ensure their vote is counted.

"If you go to university center, they'll give you a new ballot, they'll void your old ballot, in some places they do that four or five times, so by tomorrow, almost everyone will have their new ballots in."

-snip-

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/30/politics/donald-trump-write-in-ballots/index.html
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 07:52 pm
@Glennn,
Non responsive word diarrhea.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 09:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Although I cannot understand that anyone could be still undecided after all this time, I think you should look at the bigger picture here. Do you really want Trump to nominate a Supreme Court Justice? Do you? The next president will choose one or possible two Justices and this will change the United States legislature for many decades to come. Are you prepared to see this country change for the worse due to Trump's presidency and choices for Justices?

I sincerely hope that none of these questions are answered with a Yes!
izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 02:43 am
@McGentrix,
Saudi American ties are longstanding, claiming that a tiny, (by Saudi standards,) donation had any impact on those ties is laughable.

It does indicate the sort of bollocks that some Americans believe. You thought Saddam Hussein had WMDs and was behind 9/11.

You're ignoring the elephant in the room. Americans consume hundreds of toxic food additives banned in Europe. You may not understand the effect these brain rotting substances have on your perception, but it's clear to those of us outside America.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 05:30 am
@CalamityJane,
My point is NO ONE is undecided at this point in the election. I am decidedly decided. I am 100% for Hillary and 100% anti-tRump.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 05:36 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

I have no idea how you believe that this post of yours detracts from my point about Clinton's support of, and acceptance of contributions from, a regime that is rife with human rights abuses.

Funny how you decide to spout off about my lack of concern when it comes to the U.S.'s illegal invasion of Iraq. What possessed you misrepresent me?
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 05:38 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Non responsive word diarrhea

Nonresponsive brain constipation.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 05:49 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
Nonresponsive brain constipation.

I stand corrected, you should know. My condolences for your "Nonresponsive brain constipation". I hope you find some sort of relief for your condition. Have you considered quitting your reading of Free Republic and Fox talking points? Maybe removing your head from your fundiment?
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 06:18 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

Exactly how does this post of yours detracts from my point about Clinton's support of, and acceptance of contributions from, a regime that is rife with human rights abuses, including bombing hospitals?

Funny how you decide to spout off about my lack of concern when it comes to the U.S.'s illegal invasion of Iraq. What possessed you to misrepresent me?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 07:07 am
@Glennn,
I've misrepresented nothing. You've shown concern for Saudi Arabia's human rights record very late in the day. It's clear your faux concern is down to your risible attempt to connect Clinton to the Saudis. In reality the Bushes had far closer and deeper ties, but you didn't give a monkeys about that.

Quote:
In his New Yorker article, posted on the magazine’s web site last week, Lawrence Wright tells how the Bush administration deleted 28 pages in the 2002 report of the Joint Congressional Inquiry on 911 probably because they describe in detail the Saudi connection to the Al Qaeda attack and Saudi financing of its operatives in the United States—people who knew two of the hijackers, and may well have been used as conduits for Saudi cash. Some of the money may have come from the royal family through a charity.

In removing the 28 pages Bush said the publication of the information would damage American intelligence operations. The Saudis deny all this.

In fact no one would be talking about it now were it not for families of victims of the attack and insurers, who are suing the Saudis.

http://www.alternet.org/how-bush-administration-covered-saudi-connection-911

Then there's the especially close link between the Bushes and Bin Ladens, going so far as to ensure that during the no fly policy straight after 9/11, the Bin Ladens were allowed to fly one of the few non grounded planes home, thus stymying the FBI's investigations.

Turning the tenuous links that Clinton has with the Saudis into a political football is the worst form of hypocrisy, but it's what's expected from the fascists who support the Republican nominee.
engineer

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2016 07:12 am
@bobsal u1553115,
You are deciding the undecided voters incorrectly. More likely, the undecided voters are people who have a long and deep attachment to their political party, but can't abide their proposed candidate. They know the "right" choice for them, but just can't quite get there to pull the lever.