I need the simplest sofware for floor plan design

dov1953

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 11:32 pm
I have been looking forever for a simple program that will more easily let me draw straight lines for a floor plan design of a house. Everything I've found makes it a difficult, confusing, inaccurate effort to draw simple geometric shapes. For example, if I want to draw a rectangle 12' by 12', I have had to guess and try it over several times, never seeing even a distance notation on the screen. Is this so hard to do for a computer graphic program? I just want to draw out a floor plan of a little house I have in mind. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, can someone tell me how to turn on the HTML for my messages and the color of the text. I would occasionally like to include a emoticon with my messages and it doesn't seem to work. Under "options", where I enter my messages, there is an area that says, "HTML is off". No amount of clicking seems to change that. Thanks, dov1953
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,517 • Replies: 3
No top replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 12:04 am
I believe I read a message elsewhere from the Head Honcho that he has turned off HTML for members use. Don't know if its a temporary glitch or permanent.

To color segments of text, highlight that text and then click on the "rainbow" color line (directly above the Post-a-Reply box) at whatever color you want.

As for emoticons, you know you can simply click on any of the Emoticons to the left of the Post-a-Reply box? Very Happy Cool Laughing Razz Question

To test to see if these things worked, click on the "Preview" button below, not on "Submit."

Also above the Post-a-Reply box, note the B for Bold, i for italics, and U for Underline.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 12:05 am
p.s. Welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 01:00 am
Howdy, dov 1953, and welcome to A2K. first, HTML isn't used on the boards, its BB Code. Click anyof the 3D "Reply" buttons and you'll be taken to the "Post Reply" page, where clickable effects such as font size/color, italics, underlining, bold, image links and URL hotlink and so forth are available. On that page, there's a "Preview" function which lets you see what your post will look like. Down at the bottom of my Signature Box, look for "Links to: A2k Faq Page and A2K Help Forum ... click either color-formated word to be taken to the page in question

There is a "Test Forum" here: A2K Test Forum, where you can practice and sharpen your skills more or less out of "The Public Eye"

Use the PM button to contact any Moderator or Guide if you need more help. Good luck.

timber
0 Replies