Robin Hood rye flour

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 07:32 am
I used to use Robin Hood rye for my bread, but can't find it in our local (Boston area) markets any more. Sad I tried accessing the manufacturer but couldn't get any info re local sources of supply, only info relating to the parent conglomerate company as a business. Rolling Eyes

I tried Googling, but only came up with Canadian recipes and Canadian miscellaneous info. But Boston ain't Canada, and I'm not planning a trip to the North any time soon!

Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,077 • Replies: 7
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 07:36 am
Try a health food shop. That's where I pick up my rye flour.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:16 am
Our biggest nearest health food shop is a Whole Foods (used to be Bread and Circus) but they only carry Arrowhead which isn't, or so it seems to me, as fine, and the reault is a much coarser, less dense bread than we like.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:20 am
Whole Foods sucks. I don't know what to suggest....I get my rye flour in bulk from the health food store up the street, and it's pretty fine. I have one idea....if you have a food processor, you could try putting the Arrowhead flour in and letting it run for about a minute uninterrupted. That might help make the flour more fine.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:41 am
I can't say whethr Whole Food sucks, but I do miss the old Bread and Circus. I liked their philosophy; Whole Foods is too big.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 04:48 pm
Try King Arthur, Tom Kitten. http://shop.bakerscatalogue.com/items/catC79subC276.html

You can buy it online. You can also buy it at Whole Foods and at some other grocery stores. I can get it here in Iowa.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 05:19 pm
Thanks, Swimpy! I checked out the K A catalog link and I think they have all the goodies I need. For some reason I always thought there was no KA rye flour - because I only ever saw Robin Hood in the markets I went to, I guess.

I'll let you know how it turns out in a week or two.

Tahks again for the link.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 06:08 pm
Your welcome, TK. Happy baking.
0 Replies