Gay marriage and china

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 11:59 pm
is it possible to marry my chinese girlfriend in mexico (where i live and it's legal, i'm a woman too by the way!) and then go to the chinese embassy and ask for my visa and then for my resident permit. i know it's not legal (yet i hope) in china but will our marriage certificate be enough for me to live in china with her? i'm 24 years old and she's 38 so we're not minors. right now i'm in china with her (tourist visa), i'll be here for 40 days so i want to know if there is a way for me to stay longer so we can go back to mexico together
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,579 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 06:50 am
@deleeuws,
How about instead working on getting Mexican citizenship? That way, you won't be beholden to a visa (because those expire).
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 10:06 pm
@deleeuws,
I donĀ“t think China authorities will recognize your marriage just because It is legal in your country. They don't recognize same sex unions there even though it could be another "legal link" figure that could serve your purpose somehow.... you should ask a lawyer there or go to a mexico embassy there to be inform about your rights or lack of
0 Replies