This whole BIG thing about voter suppression.

Angelgz2

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 11:52 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
In my opinion, the Trump campaign is about White Supremacy. It is anti-Muslim, anti-Immigrant (the arguments that it isn't are silly), pro-Christian, anti-Spanish, anti-Affirmative Action.

Where did you get that idea from? Anti-immigration does not equal to white supremacy. You are too extreme. There's got to be a limit to allowing immigrants to legalize here. You take that too far, America becomes the garbage dump of the world. I am an immigrant myself and my wife waited 18 month to come here through the legal immigration process. WTF should we allow those illegals to have it any easier? I said this many times, why don't you go to the greater Los Angeles area and see how many Chinese are there and how many of them came here honestly. By honestly I mean having a legitimate reason to be here. Fake marriages, buy your way in, and sneak their way here just so they could have a American-Born baby IS NOT legitimate. To make things worse many of these who got away with it don't really find honest work but form local mobs and prostitutes. Trump is the only one who saw this and wants to abolish automatic citizenship for babies born here. While I don't agree with many of his policy, I see this hole must be plugged before it's too late. It's like a cancer that's currently only localized but haven't spread much to other areas.

You wanna convince me otherwise, go to those cities and find hard evidence to the contrary. Otherwise, you sound like someone who lives in his own little dream world and don't understand jack **** about what's going on elsewhere.
0 Replies

Angelgz2

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 11:57 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You say "a lot of educated Black people ... see the problems the way I see them". About 1% of African-Americans voters support Donald Trump. Does this count as "a lot"?

You kept saying I don't have data to back up my claim. Do you have your data to back your claim that only 1% support Trump? You listen to stuff like Huffing Post but how do you know they are not f'ing around with you. Media is left wing and we all know that. Here's another poll:

"As WND reported, the Los Angeles Times/USC Dornsife national tracking poll recorded an abrupt rise in Trump’s support among black Americans from 4.8 percent to 14.1 percent.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/trumps-black-support-explodes-in-biggest-battleground-state/#STQydsL9meDFODid.99"

So is Huffing post lying or is WND lying?

Also you know what, why don't you take a hike in South Central and Compton and then tell me you want to spoon feed those people. They are poor today by their own choices and no one forced them to be gangsters. You give them more benefits and social warfare and further encourage them to be a leech of the society, then by all means believe what you believe. Why don't you walk down the street and treat them with some of your money.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:02 pm
@Angelgz2,
Your link didn't work. This is a link from Fox News. The 1% figure is correct.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/08/14/poll-only-1-percent-african-americans-support-donald-trump
ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:02 pm
wnd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorldNetDaily

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/worldnetdaily

Quote:
WorldNetDaily is an online publication founded and run by Joseph Farah that claims to pursue truth, justice and liberty. But in fact, its pages are devoted to manipulative fear-mongering and outright fabrications designed to further the paranoid, gay-hating, conspiratorial and apocalyptic visions of Farah and his hand-picked contributors from the fringes of the far-right and fundamentalist worlds.

Quote:
Theories about when and how the government — and the world — will collapse are regular WND fodder.

It seems to bother no one on the staff that most of these theories are conflicting.

WND repeatedly uncovers (manufactures is a better word) sinister government plots, trumpeting them with scare headlines such as "Feds Accused of Fomenting Blood in Our Streets" — standard fodder for adherents and sympathizers of the conspiracy-oriented, antigovernment “Patriot” movement.

As the government allegedly prepares to turn on the citizenry and intern them in already built secret camps, WND’s readers are advised in breathless advertisements to invest all their assets in gold and buy as many guns as they can.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:10 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Your link didn't work. This is a link from Fox News. The 1% figure is correct.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/08/14/poll-only-1-percent-african-americans-support-donald-trump

Foxnews?! You can't trust those bastards. Everyone knows they are just a mouthpiece for the corrupt Republican party.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:17 pm
@McGentrix,
It's true McGentrix.

Their 1% figure for the number of African Americans who will vote for Trump does seem suspiciously high.
0 Replies

Angelgz2

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:17 pm
@maxdancona,
His poll was okay, until after August it significantly dropped. So yeah, maybe most do think Clinton's policies are better. It's true that her policies are better in many areas, but her immigration policy is not only too lenient, but also do no justice to those who honestly went through the process and waited years to be united with our families. So if she can legalize all those illegals, why would anyone do anything legally anymore? There's always the "Clinton" way out.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:21 pm
@Angelgz2,
The reason Clinton supports a more liberal immigration policy is because most Americans support a more liberal immigration policy. Trump represents the position of White supremacists (which is strongly anti-immigrant). Clinton's view of immigration is more in line with the view of the American people in general. I want all people here illegally to be given a chance to earn their citizenship. I vote that way.

That is one of the reasons that Obama won two terms. That is the way that our democracy works, policy is influenced by the will of the voters.

The problem that Trump has is that people get a vote even if they aren't White.
engineer

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:24 pm
@Angelgz2,
Actually, it is the Reagan way out.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:29 pm
@maxdancona,
Everyone fears being labeled a racist because of America's history of racism. Every time someone wants to label something as being terrible or opposed to whatever "common sense" values they have it's best to associate it with racism.

Opposed to Obama? Racist.
Opposed to illegal immigration? Racist.

I want a stop to illegal immigration. I want a whole bunch of qualified legal immigrants in their place.

That difference just can't get through to some people that you can be against illegal immigration and not be a racist! How is that possible?

It's because illegal immigration is ILLEGAL. It's the same reason I don't want murderers on the street and I want drunk drivers off the road. They are illegal activities that should not be allowed to occur. It has nothing to do with the people, ot has to do with the crime. I am just as opposed to Canadians coming here illegally as I am Mexicans.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:30 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The reason Clinton supports a more liberal immigration policy is because most Americans support a more liberal immigration policy.

Yeah, that's just not true at all.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:35 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

I want a whole bunch of qualified legal immigrants in their place.

You just said you want a much more liberal immigration policy.
Angelgz2

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:37 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Clinton's view of immigration is more in line with the view of the American people in general. I want all people here illegally to be given a chance to earn their citizenship. I vote that way.

And hence this post saying some people really just shouldn't vote. German citizens supported Hitler and cheered his Ascension. It's the will of the voters too -- do you support that? You guys love to uphold democracy as sacred but history has proven democracy can lead to non-optimum solutions. Young people who has NOT left their daddy and mommy's house for a day being fed those liberal idea in our schools obviously would agree that "illegals should be given a chance to legalize", because it's the "right" thing to do. Don't worry, we have the super rich jerks who earns millions to support them and we'll rob them of their hard earned money through legalized taxation.

Young liberals who are "educated" but yet have NOT left their hometown even once listens to our liberal media, who says "black lives matter" and that white cops all of the nation are shooting black men for no reason, believes that to be true and support their uprising. They don't know the story at all, they haven't lived in Oakland, Baltimore, South Central or Compton for a single day and yet they think they know it all, like my little brother who says the dumbest things and he votes too.

Blind idealism is like a cancer and this nation needs a reality check.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:40 pm
@Angelgz2,
Angelgz2 wrote:
Blind idealism is like a cancer and this nation needs a reality check.
Mirror, mirror on the wall ... ...
0 Replies

Angelgz2

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:51 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that a lot of the base of the Republican party is motivated by the desire to keep what they see as White American culture as the as the dominant culture in the US.

Not culture, but moral values. A nation's values are important because that separates ethical, responsible people from those who wants to take advantage of others. People who are from less developed nations, especially those who came here illegally or by other dishonest means, are the poorest and often most morally deprived people. They are like cancer that is destroying America within. If I am the kind of person who never cuts in line, but saw a whole bunch of Chinese cutting in line. I may shake my head but eventually I start to think maybe I should cut in line too. My moral standard has been shaken and eventually this spreads like a disease. It's a silent disease that you won't realize until it's too late.

Same thing can be said for those illegal sex workers from China and south Asia. I have a friend who was an honest person. He met some Chinese friends and now he goes to these underground prostitution places with them. He was reluctant the first, second, even the third time but eventually he gave in. This is why I adamantly want illegal immigration stopped.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 01:39 pm
@Angelgz2,
Angel, I think what you are saying is full of crap.

I am a White man, mostly Wasp with a Jewish grandmother. I was born in the United States, in the Northeast, in the 1960s. I grew up here. I have been to civil rights marches. I was brought up during the beginning of the LGBT movement. I can trace my White European ancestory back to the 1650's (that's over 350 years ago).

For you to come here to tell me about American cultural and moral values is a little bit odd.

You might want to learn a little bit about American history before you lecture Americans about what our moral cultural values are.

Do you know about how many people came here illegally from Italy and Ireland? Do you know about the Johnson-Reed Act? Do you know we had an immigration law called the "Asian Exclusion Act"? Have you ever been to a segregated restaurant (I have) or a civil rights march?

I think you have a lot to learn about what it means to be an American. From my American experience, you don't understand very well.

Most Americans reject Trump with his crypto-racism and his coded appeals to White Supremacy.... and we will see that result in about 3 weeks.

You seem to have mistaken the failed rhetoric from the losing side of history as "American" values. These backward views are from the difficult parts of our history. Most of us have moved on.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 01:54 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

I want a whole bunch of qualified legal immigrants in their place.

You just said you want a much more liberal immigration policy.

But not the same as what liberals want with legalizing the criminals already here.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 01:57 pm
@McGentrix,
Actually, a clear majority of Americans want to legalize the "criminals" (I see what you did there) who are already here.

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/r1glemm69eelxosdc43l9w.png
Real Music

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 03:11 pm
John Oliver covers the real intent of North Carolina Voter ID law

0 Replies

Angelgz2

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 07:55 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You seem to have mistaken the failed rhetoric from the losing side of history as "American" values. These backward views are from the difficult parts of our history. Most of us have moved on.

No, it's is you who are rather comparing apples to oranges. I never said America didn't have its share of dark history, but like you said, we all moved on, but obviously YOU and some of the liberals did not. It is that very clinging to that part of the history that drives the anger out of minorities who thinks they were wronged and now that anything people say to them of is racist. I can't even give constructive criticism at work to a black person or else I'm racist. WTF is this really? I've been to backward towns where people still looking at me like "WTF is this person doing in our town". It's not right, but I don't take that too personally because I know those extreme people don't represent the majority.

It's true I may not know as much of American history as you do, but again I do NOT cling to that and you may not know as much Asian history as me. Mao Ze Dong and the red army slaughtered most of my family, took away my wife's land and drove them out of their own homes, and I should say let's abolish ALL the Chinese culture and values? We make mistakes and we learn from it, but that DOES NOT equate to letting illegal immigrants have whatever they are asking for. Nowadays you liberals takes this way too far.

Yet your argument here DID NOT address what good things are those illegals doing for our nation at all. You maybe a saint, and you may have contributed, but not every other illegals. And like I said, Democracy has its merits and flaws. We'll see it in three weeks but that DOES not mean it's the right choice. German did choose Hitler and Chinese did choose Mao and Russia chose Lenin and Stalin.