Authenticity of Picasso Hand Signed Lithograph

voila

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 03:26 am
Dear experts, I have just bought my self a PICADOR AND MATADORS lithograph, signed in pencil by Picasso. It is supposedly a special limited edition, Cercle D'Art, Paris, France 1962. Ths is what the dealer said: This Lithograph was published in 1961 by Editions Cercle D'Art, Paris as part of the portfolio: "Toros Y Toreros" , which was a joint venture by Picasso and his friend Luis Miguel Dominguin: The Famoust Spanish Bullfighter. The Litho is hand signed in black pencil by Picasso. It does not include a COA.

Please let me know what you think of this piece. I have paid around 2k for it.

Regards

Here is a picturehttp://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/80/c3/59_3.JPG

http://i24.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/80/ef/f0_3.JPG
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,098 • Replies: 2
No top replies

shepaints

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 04:54 pm
I find this rather enthralling and prefer it to most of Picasso's abstract works.

I have no idea as to its real value......for that the illumination of Lightwizard would be incandescent.......
0 Replies

lisanmoran

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 10:52 am
Picasso's Lithograph
Dear Sir,
As a dealer who currently holds a deluxe edition of the works, the one thing I can say is that the price payed for a black and white piece of this edition signed is quite high, probably nearing double auction value on the piece. I came across this site and your question quite randomly while I was searching on some old auction results on a different Picasso piece and I after finishing my auction check I came back to this. This is what I can share with you. The prices realized at auction on these pieces in the last year have been far closer to the 1,000 mark for pieces in this folio that are handsigned. As to the signature's validity, I would be curious on the provenance of the piece. Picasso signed many pieces over the years for favored collectors and if it was held in a strong collection there is a great possibility of it being correct. I hope this answers any and all questions. Please feel free to email me if you have any further questions on [email protected].
Yours,
Lisa Moran
0 Replies