Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2004 06:39 pm
This season, Sosa is batting .246 with 33 HR and 77 RBI. Even during his pre-home run chase years Sosa had better numbers and played a lot better defense. His contract expires after next season and I don't expect him to be resigned unless things are turned around for him next year. However, that scenario may not get a chance to be played out because there is talk about him being traded this off season. So what do you think The Cubs should and will do with Sammy?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,743 • Replies: 19

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2004 07:19 pm
Have him up his steroid dosage.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2004 07:22 pm
Bondsy took a roid test recently. Even though the results aren't in yet, I can tell you he had clean piss.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 03:06 pm
if he's really washed up, the mets will gladly take him.
but i think he'll bounce back next year and approach his career averages...
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 09:38 pm
I'm extremely skeptical of the drug testing policies of the professional sports leagues in the US. It wasn't until 2002 that the MLB players' union relented on its rabidly anti-drug testing stance in any kind of bargaining agreements it's had with management that they're barely implementing now. It's been within the interests of both to keep the status quo regarding drug testing. It's good for the players' stats, which keeps the fans interested, which is good for marketing, which is good for the owners--more money--which is good for the players . . .

That freak of nature, McGuire, exhibited many of the side-affects of steroid abuse: turgidity, acne, ridiculously large physique, etc. But then again, drug testing in MLB was a joke, and will probably continue to be so.

The news articles only mention the random testing for steroids. What with the plethora of performance enhancing drugs available, steroids are patently obsolete. And that's not mentioning the various substances used to mask the use of steroids.

I follow professional bicycle racing, so I'm pretty jaded and cynical about the whole of pro-sports as regards doping.

The european bike racers have never had a union as strong and powerful as US professional baseball players. They don't have a union, period.

I'm a fan of the Cubs, although I don't follow the season religiously. I lived the early part of my youth in Chicago, and fondly remember summer afternoons at home with my mom; she'd be doing housework with the tv tuned to a Cubs game.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 05:48 pm
So much for the Cubs.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 06:14 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
So much for the Cubs.

What a sensitive way to put it...DO YOU WANNA MAKE ME CRY?! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 06:34 pm
I feel for ya, and the Cubs, but the downfall was all their making. They lost, what, six of their last seven games!?!
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 06:56 pm
I blame Baker and The Bullpen.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 09:50 am
Hey, maybe next year, Rolling Eyes lose Sosa or Alou. I like Alou but he is 38(?) Sign Giaparra. Oh well. I was at the first game and am going to be in the bleachers for todays game. Great day for a game even if it is meaningless. COTL I'll wave to ya in the 4th Laughing
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:08 am
what's up with sosa arriving late and leaving early at the Cubs' regular-season finale?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 05:23 pm
When I was younger this man was my God. I swear to God, at one point his name was shaved in the back of my head. This sucks.

.308 66 HR 158 RBI (His MVP season, I have it memorized)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 05:29 pm
Sosa showed no class and he showed up his team. He's toast in Cubville
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 06:05 pm
sounds like something nomar would do, not slammin' sammy... saw a crawler during the braves-stros game that he's filing a grievance Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 06:11 pm
panzade wrote:
Sosa showed no class and he showed up his team. He's toast in Cubville

From 98 to 02 Sosa owned Chicago, but not even he can get away with that ****.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 06:12 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
saw a crawler during the braves-stros game that he's filing a grievance Rolling Eyes

Yeah, how dare they fine you for abandoning the team Sammy! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 05:42 am

http://media-files.gather.com/images/d267/d55/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg

discuss...
panzade

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 06:30 am
@Region Philbis,
Getting ready for a Michael Jackson tribute?
djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 06:35 am
@panzade,
how ironic that this thread was originally started by someone named child of the light
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 12:26 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
Baseball slugger Sammy Sosa is sporting a much lighter skin tone these days.

But he insists he is not trying to look like the late Michael Jackson, nor is he suffering from a skin disease such as vitiligo (the skin pigmentation condition from which Michael Jackson allegedly suffered), ESPNDeportes.com reported.

Instead, Sosa said that his lighter skin is from using a facial cosmetic cream.

"It's a bleaching cream that I apply before going to bed and whitens my skin some," he said during the "Primer Impacto" program at the Univision Spanish network.

"It's a cream that I have, that I use to soften (my skin), but has bleached me some. I'm not a racist, I live my life happily," he said.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,574001,00.html
0 Replies