cjhsa

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 12:55 pm
I had a piece of pizza for breakfast this morning. Tony & Alba's Vegetarian with pepperoni substituted for the zucchini. Wink
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 06:45 am
Given my druthers I'd rather have a greek-made pizza. Mrs. SP would rather have an italian pizza. so it depends on who's getting the pizza in our house.

Spent some time for work in Hungary recently. They'd buy us pizza for lunch. I've never seen egg on a pizza before. Makes sense: crack an egg onto a pizza and it's cooks along with the 'za. Another odd topping there was corn.

It's been a long time since I've had a bad pizza. Back in college there was only one place that would deliver and it was pretty lame. Of course by ten at night 'the munchies' take over and if you don't get pizza you start to gnaw on the furniture. But the left overs the next morning? It had congealed... I nailed the last slice to the dorm proctor's door.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 03:08 pm
I'd like to see a grain-enriched pizza made, full of fiber and other good things.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 11:56 am
I am with BigDice - I love the pizza at La Pergola. My favorite at the moment is with tomatoes, mozzarella and some ham. Or fresh spinach and gorgonzola. Or frutti di mare... :-)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 12:40 pm
I don't hope that my pizza bakers will go home now:

Quote:
Naples faces desperate shortage of pizza makers

NAPLES, Italy -- A Naples recruiting agency says there's a desperate shortage of pizza makers in the city.

According to ABCNewsOnline, a spokesperson at Gevi, the recruiting agency, said he'd looked in vain for two weeks to fill 20 temporary vacancies for pizzaoili (Italian plural for pizza makers).

Competition is ferocious among Italy's tens of thousands of pizzerias for properly qualified staff, who are commonly awarded permanent contracts, unless they are lured to work abroad, said a spokeswoman for the Association for Italian Pizzerias.

"Pizzaioli often go abroad or leave the job altogether, because it is such hard work," the spokeswoman said. "Anyone can become a pizza maker after four weeks of training, but you can recognize a really good pizzaoilo by how fast he is."

Pizza makers typically are paid up to 2,500 euros (U.S. $2,675) a month.

"You can find pizza makers of all sorts, but real pizzaioli are increasingly hard to find," said Antonio Pace, president of the Association of the real Neapolitan pizza. "We are sitting on a gold mine and we don't know how to exploit it," Pace said.

http://www.pizzamarketplace.com/news_story.htm?i=15260
0 Replies