why do some people believe there is nothing when you die

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:58 am
Quote:
If it is something more after human death for us of a certain I hope it's paradise.

With 72 virgins? :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 05:32 am
I have made it my policy to not dissuade people in their belief of life after death. If it gives them courage in their struggle with the fear of death I am happy for them.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 05:46 am
baz wrote:
Montana wrote:
I'm with Frank on this one. I don't believe in one thing or the other, as it's not something I think about.

I consider myself a very nice person and treat everyone the way I like to be treated :-)
what i can't understand is , this is supposed to be a paranormal forum, and yet so many
speptics its weird.i may as well go and ask people in the street.we cant escape the fact that we do snuff it eventually,we are going to find out
the truth,i think some peple are in
for a big shock....

I don't know where you got the idea that this was a paranormal forum and I'm sorry if my post offended you, but you had a question and I gave you my belief. No one knows what to expect when we die and I am, by no means insulting your beliefs. Just adding my thoughts is all.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 05:49 am
panzade- I would not normally bring the subject up myself. When someone asks ME, I have no problem with stating my views.

Yes, it IS true, that many people derive comfort from the thought of death, if they believe that there is something afterwards. Personally, that concept has no meaning for me.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 05:51 am
Phoenix, somehow I knew that we stood shoulder to shoulder on this subject.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 05:57 am
Quote:
No one knows what to expect when we die and I am, by no means insulting your beliefs. Just adding my thoughts is all.

I think that Montana has hit on the gist of the problem. Nobody really knows what happens when we die. There are some people who live their lives in absolutely certainty of an afterlife. Somehow, many may feel threatened when they are questioned, because there is NO way to maintain their position logically, and therefore, "defend" their ideas by becoming indignant or insulted.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 06:06 am
I don't originate these type threads, but I don't mind giving an opinion when others ask. If they don't want to know, they shouldn't bring it up.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:56 am
Basically because of the lack of knowledge or lack of faith. The only thing to really go on is experiences of some one who has died (basically heart stopped beating) and were able to be brought back to life. Many of these people have stated they floated from their bodies, seen a bright light, felt happy, but some people do not believe these people really experienced this. I kind of think there have been too many incidences of this with all having similar descriptions that I believe this to be the case. Any way you consider it - it is speculation on all sides.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 09:54 am
The myth of an afterlife
The myth of an afterlife was created by those in power to control the unwashed masses to obey their orders.

Or else, you won't go to heaven when you die.

You will end up in hell after you die if you don't obey me.

Don't complain about your poverty now, just remember that your reward will be in heaven.

I won't give you cash to take to heaven, but I will give you a check which you can cash when you get to heaven.

Die for my cause and when you go to heaven, you will have all the virgins you want. I always wondered what they offered the women who died for their cause.

BBB
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 10:00 am
I am less worried about missing out on heaven than I am about landing in hell I can tell you that.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 10:01 am
Linkat- One does not know if these near death experiences are simply the way that the body copes physically and psychologically with the act of dying. I have heard stories about how people "saw" Jesus in a bright light at the end of a tunnel. Wonder how many of these folks were not of the Christian faith?
0 Replies

baz

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 10:27 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Hospital doctors have never been on the other side and came back to tell about it. Therefore they can't know of a certainty. It's superstitious nonsense to believe in life after death.
who are you
some kind of god?is there some sinister reason why you hate the idea.
have you topped anyone,are you ****
scared. do think this is all the ****
there is.twat
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 10:32 am
Baz, you're the one that's showing fear with your anger and venom. Something in Edgar's post really made you angry. It couldn't be simply his opinion could it?
May I make a suggestion Baz? In the future, when you post a thread with a query asking for opinions, you don't flame the posters you can't agree with. It's bad etiquette on A2k and certainly won't be tolerated.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 01:04 pm
Phoenix that is exactly my point- I stated that "...some people do not believe these people really experienced this." Many people disregard this experience that others have had, that does not prove it is true or not true.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 02:00 pm
baz wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
Hospital doctors have never been on the other side and came back to tell about it. Therefore they can't know of a certainty. It's superstitious nonsense to believe in life after death.
who are you
there is.****

Hey there buddy! Back up! If you think you can come in here and abuse people simply for expessing their opinions, think again, and speaking of ****, none of us here will take any of yours, so climb off you high horse if you wanna play in the civilized people's sand box, otherwise, go play all alone in the mud!
If you believe in life after death, then I suggest you learn to treat other people better than this ;-)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:20 pm
Ditto Montana
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:44 pm
Let there be peace. I so decree.
0 Replies

baz

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 06:22 pm
Montana wrote:
baz wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
who are you
there is.****

Hey there buddy! Back up! If you think you can come in here and abuse people simply for expessing their opinions, think again, and speaking of ****, none of us here will take any of yours, so climb off you high horse if you wanna play in the civilized people's sand box, otherwise, go play all alone in the mud!
If you believe in life after death, then I suggest you learn to treat other people better than this ;-)
and i suggest people should
not shoot down my illusion. my life is
hell, and it matters not, what some tosser says, i beleive 100% anyway ,if there is nothing , i have still won so **** you
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 06:28 pm
Baz, I didn't mean to shoot down your illusion. There is a lot of pain in your post, for whatever reason your life is hell. Read my post again:

"I have made it my policy to not dissuade people in their belief of life after death. If it gives them courage in their struggle with the fear of death I am happy for them."

When you looked for concurrence on your thread you must have known there would be some dissent.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 06:30 pm
If you don't want it discussed, don't post about it on a thread like this.
0 Replies