McGentrix

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 12:45 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

McGentrix wrote:
You'd that that at least Obama would have something else to do, like be President and stuff.

You have a problem with ALL sitting presidents campaigning or just ones in the Democratic party?

I generally feel that civil servants should do what they are paid to do.

To answer your question directly, I have a problem with all sitting Presidents campaigning for anything and they should have a single 6 year term. One and done.
maporsche

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 12:46 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
To answer your question directly, I have a problem with all sitting Presidents campaigning for anything and they should have a single 6 year term. One and done.

I'd vote 'yea' for that one.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 10:30 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

So, in answer to my question, there is nothing she could do.

Quite right. There was nothing she could have done that conservatives wouldn't have attacked with equal fervor.

She was faced with the questions of (1) do I reveal my pneumonia? and (2) do I attend the 9/11 ceremony?

Let's put ourselves in her place.
4 alternatives face her:

If she doesn't reveal her pneumonia, and doesn't decide to rest, they'll attack her for risking her future health.

If she doesn't reveal her pneumonia, and does decide to rest and skip the ceremony, she looks like she's thumbing her nose at the 9/11 victims.

If she reveals her pneumonia, and doesn't decide to rest but rather to attend the ceremony, they'll attack her for being contagious.

If she reveals her pneumonia and skips the ceremony, they'll say she was lying and was disrespecting the 9/11 victims.

That's their game. They criticize no matter what with equal fervor.

A decision is only particularly bad if there was something she could have done better.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 10:40 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

So, in answer to my question, there is nothing she could do.

In a couple weeks she will have to decide whether she has recovered enough to take part in the first debate. Let's say she hasn't. What would you do in her place?

If she skips the debate they will say she was fine and accuse her of cowardice.

If she attends and looks sick they will say she was too sick to attend and should have skipped it.

Their thesis that "Hillary makes bad decisions" is untestable, because no event could possibly occur that would make them abandon it. It fails as honest reasoning, according to Karl Popper's standard.
snood

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:19 pm
@Kolyo,
Well I heard to day that she will return to the campaign trail Thursday. So maybe we'll see if she looks recovered then.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 12:28 pm
I'm seven years younger than Hillary and I've had pneumonia that was so bad it caused me to pass out after trying to resume normal activities. So, I can sympathize with her...if she has pneumonia. I question that she does because I know that when I passed out there was no way I would have been up and about posing for photo ops 90 minutes later.

I don't know what she has but I am highly skeptical of this latest incident being due to pneumonia or any of the other weak explanations offered.

Just this past Sunday, PBS aired a two hour drama called "Churchill's Secret" It was about Winston Churchill suffering a massive stroke towards the end of his final term and the great lengths to which the fact was withheld from the British people, even though during this time his #2 was laid out as well. In essence, Churchill's aids were running the country.

These people (Churchill included) have egos the likes of which few of us have ever experienced and they all believe their "mission" (whatever it may be) takes precedent over the good of their nation, or the truth.

The exceptions are quite few. (George Washington being a notable one)
snood

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 12:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I don't know what she has but I am highly skeptical of this latest incident being due to pneumonia or any of the other weak explanations offered.

What would serve as acceptable proof for you?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 12:53 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Quote:

Given the capabilities that come with power, I don't know if there could be, but it's moot. Irrespective of her health, I was never going to vote for her so it doesn't matter whether or not I believe her on any individual issue.
snood

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 01:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

snood wrote:

Quote:

Given the capabilities that come with power, I don't know if there could be, but it's moot. Irrespective of her health, I was never going to vote for her so it doesn't matter whether or not I believe her on any individual issue.

Yeah, I see your point. Your comments on the matter are just as moot, but since being wrong never stops you I'm sure being irrelevant won't either.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 02:52 pm
@snood,
Your bitterness is tiresome.
maporsche

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 03:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
He doesn't seem too bitter.
snood

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 03:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Your bitterness is tiresome.

Not bitter at all. I love most of this forum to death. I just feel like if I don't comment on your noxious, ass-backward blather I'm complicit in it being taken seriously.

And if it's tiresome to you, that's good. Maybe it will help encourage you to take that rest from A2K you were threatening a couple months back and let the stench clear up a bit.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 03:34 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

He doesn't seem too bitter.

He wouldn't to you.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 03:34 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

let the stench clear up a bit.

Would you be leaving too? Otherwise, I doubt it would clear up at all.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 03:35 pm
@snood,
Inconsequential
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 03:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Gee, people who are hateful toward me think I'm bitter. This is my shocked face. Shocked
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 03:37 pm
@snood,
Can you combine it with no face?
snood

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 03:38 pm
@McGentrix,
McG to the rescue!! Didya bring Lash? Y'all can have a Hillary hater hoedown!
Yee-hah!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 03:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Dang Flynn if you've got to be an ass, at least be a funny ass.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 04:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hillary released her health information to the press. She is very healthy. tRump also released his to to Dr Ozz who is going to release it on his TV show tomorrow. Bet it says ME TOO. A syndicated TV show for presidential information. I think shoes how the presidency is going to go. If he starts a world war he'll release the information on dancing with the stars.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 09:34:36