What is it?

Pitter

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 06:57 pm
Now I can't remember the exact name but it's something like "Oscent" or "Oscelent" (not Opel). Does that ring a bell with any carbuffs? I'm curious to know what country it's from.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,211 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 09:05 am
Couldn't find either in Google, sorry.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 03:03 pm
No I knew it was wasn't either of my spellings. I'll just watch for another one and make sure to remember the name so I can ask again.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 04:26 pm
Real guesswork.
These are Italian cars,

OSI
OSCA
INNOCENTI
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 10:29 am
Oltcit
Finally answered my own question. Oltcit is the name and it's a car model not a make. I'll turn this into a trivia question (now that I know the answer) and ask if anyone can guess what the make is.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 11:26 am
That's really easy now, Pitter:

It's the Romanian Citroen: "In 1977, in Craiova, construction of an ultra-modern industrial factory for small litrage motor cars begun. Based on a contract with the French company Citroen, the company Oltcit (its name came from the county Olt, and Citroen) was created. The manufacturing process of Oltcit motor car was conceived at the level of 1978 top technology, but due to some delays, production started in 1982. The type was produced in three versions: Club, Special, and Axel 12 TRS (for export). The bodywork derived from Visa type of Citroen company, and was a coach type with two doors and hayon. That was common for all the versions, but the equipment level differed. All engine types were built on boxer solution, being air-cooled. "
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/4582/oltcit.htm
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 07:15 pm
Wow! That was great. I knew the make when I saw the chevrons but there is no Citroen badging that I can see. Certainly had no idea of the Romanian connection. The cars I see are Clubs. Other Romanian makes I see frequently are Dacia and the Aero jeeps. I am constantly being surprised by the unusual vehicals I run accross. About eight blocks down the street is what looks to be a '50 or '51 Desoto Panel Truck (for sale I might add).
0 Replies