I'm Not Enjoying A2K As Much Lately

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:36 am
I for one am happy that Walter has been tapped to summarize the works of Max Webster, famed Canadian rockers. I always knew some of their lyrics were obscure, I had no idea it was because they were in dog Latin. Wink http://www.maxwebster.ca/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:43 am
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr[®© by bunny]
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:44 am
The pun begat the pen, my apologies, scholar. Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:46 am
So this Max Weber, he was the one who invented that line of barbecues, yes? Okay, I promise to stop now.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:47 am
cavfancier wrote:
The pun begat the pen, my apologies, scholar. Smile

No need to apolgy at all, cav, and much better than:
Quote:
Mrs. Walter: Didn't you say, you finished this already and were now going to help me with ...

:wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:47 am
Heh heh...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:58 am
Hey, all. The main thing about a forum such as A2K is that the threads need to have more universal appeal.

It is still my contention, and was on Abuzz, that folks need to be acknowledged. When a thread becomes so long, that is not always possible, but as in real life, if we were to have a get together, we would elicit responses from our guests by addressing them directly.

For example, there are folks here that ask for comments, and then fail to return to acknowledge the poster.

When we write, we are expressing our talents, our frustration, our need to be heard AND our need to LEARN.

Phoenix wanted the members to say something in their profile that would give us an idea of their gender, their walk in life, etc.

This is still crucial, I believe, to insightful comments.

Good morning, my friends, and let's inject some honest revitalization into this forum. ok?

From Letty in a rather damaged Florida.

Oh, yes, it is the full moon that is causing all the problems. Smile
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:07 am
What is the answer then to our growing apathy? Maybe it's because most topics have been covered many times (and often in identical ways) and we need new topics. I must admit that a fair proportion of my topics (eg. Profanity in A2K) were started when I was bored, and couldn't find anything going on that really engaged me. So I made up something random. Some have been more successful than others. I'm still really chuffed with Things I want to know about the US (but was afraid to ask) as this has been my own longest running topic, and I've learned a lot.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:08 am
Well said, Letty.
0 Replies

dlowan

Ack - 'tis a knowledge exchange forum - complaining about people asking questions is like complaining about all the wet stuff when swimming...

And I imagine some of our posters hate all the grammatical stuff the old folk go on with...

But - I DO wish I could think of a funny digression, or a really good question to argue about, and get the synapses snapping.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Actually, I have found for my personal interest, the persons rather than the topics, to be of interest There are numerous personalites here on A2K that I find fascinating.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:09 am
Hmm...I must think of a new topic....I'm considering a political thread just titled 'Thank Jesus I'm not an American', just to see the carnage. Laughing However, I think I can do better.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:10 am
I wanted to write an article and post it in "original writing" (suggested by cav) on the scientific (suggested by Phoenix) art (suggested by Phoenix) of having "sex" - but Phoenix doesn't want any threads on sex Sad
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:13 am
'The art of sex as metaphor'...I see no problem with that.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:19 am
8.15 posts per day might be the problem.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:36 am
dyslexia wrote:
Actually, I have found for my personal interest, the persons rather than the topics, to be of interest There are numerous personalites here on A2K that I find fascinating.

Indeed- maybe we should have a "write about the fascinating folk on A2k" thread.

But - I suppose that depends on WHY you find them fascinating!

(What with the TOS and all!)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:40 am
Complaining about people asking questions? I don't quite understand that, Deb.

Grand Duke, I felt the same way about England and Australia, but it really is a shame that I don't know more about America.

As for politics, I only respond to the threads that I understand(which are damn few)

I love philosophy, but I don't particularly enjoy having to research the ancients in order to respond.

Well, those of us who are retired, have more time than do others, so that explains the drop in--drop out of many members.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:49 am
Letty - When posting to my "Things I want to know..." I've tended to briefly outline how things are here, to illustrate how different things can be, and therefore how I have ended up so confused. If you'd like to start "Things I want to know about Britain/Australia/New Zealand..." then I'm sure you'd get loads of info. Give it a go!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:50 am
Actually, that is a good idea.

Off to opne a thread on these lines.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:59 am
I have started a couple of threads that are way different than my usual......we'll see if anyone bites.....also, in fairness one wise ass usual Bi-Polar thread.....but I saw the story and couldn't resist......
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:08:40