I'm Not Enjoying A2K As Much Lately

dlowan

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:14 pm
Mind you - I am finding myself and just about everthing dull at the moment.....well, work is never dull...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:20 pm
Me too Dlowan, that's why I think maybe it's seasonal. Of course, you're about to venture into a different season than I am.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:25 pm
A bit of existential angst going around, you reckon?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:29 pm
hmmm
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:32 pm
A lot of people I enjoy seeing are off on some other thing to do...
we can't always be sparky.
Well, I am not
one of the sparks
here, I am part
of the glue (or taffy, she says, self aware)

We have these different personalities, which mesh, one way or another, when things get going.
Lotta people not on the boards.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 11:56 pm
Glad my feelings are shared.

So, I think, I'll cancel the appointment with the psychiatrist, I'd asked for to solve this of my problems and share the self-awareness group here instead of it. :wink:
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 11:59 pm
Could it be because of the fact that I am so busy and am not posting much ?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 04:26 am
I am kind of feeling the same way. Maybe the "honeymoon" is over on A2K. I don't even want to post on the political threads anymore. They are just a repetition of "same old, same old".

I am getting sick of newbies with their stream of consciousness, run on sentence, declarations of angst. I am beginning to think that a lot of that stuff is being produced on college campuses, sophomores guffawing loudly, and they swig their beer, and concoct more and more elaborate scenarios.

I also agree, as some have mentioned, that in an internet community, there are ebbs and flows, highs and lows. Even before Abuzz went down the cybertoilet, there were times when I was bored to tears with it. Then someone would come up with a really interesting thread, and I was "off and running", happily typing away.

I think that for us seasoned members, now is the time to put on our thinking caps, and come up with some different, interesting threads, that are not about politics, sex or religion!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 05:16 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
....with some different, interesting threads, that are not about politics, sex or religion!

What's left then ? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 05:19 am
Gautam- As Jack Benny would say,"..............................I'm thinking, I'm thinking!" Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 05:22 am
Original Writing needs some uplifting. How about a treatise on Gautam's escapades? Oh...that might involve sex...however, if it also involves conflict, it is considered art. Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 05:24 am
cav- Art, that's right, art. As long as it is artistic, anything goes!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 05:35 am
I always considered sex to be an art Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 05:52 am
Gautam- But one may look at the practice scientifically too, n'est-ce pas?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 05:55 am
Hmm....so anything to do with science is okay as well ???

Okay, so we need more Art and Science threads..

<off to open a thread on the scientific art of sex>

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:05 am
I've been very busy, too, Gautam - maybe it's MY absence that's causing the problem.

Acutally, I noticed as I was reading this thread that I "know" you all...I've seen you all on various threads and have an idea of what kind of attitude you express, in various different ways.

Maybe that's part of the issue. We are an established group (with more or less activity on the site) and the newbies do often come up with poorly written nonsense/questions which they should take to a search engine.

Philosophy threads always interested me but I came across a few instances where my views were belittled rather than accepted, just because I didn't quote 10 obscure names...so I haven't been there in a while.

It's great to have a bunch of people like you all to share stuff with, though. I wouldn't want to give that up and Monday's (small) London meeting confirmed that for me. Everyone is as delightful in person as they are online! Very Happy

KP
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:14 am
kitchenpete wrote:
Everyone is as delightful in person as they are online! Very Happy
KP

I'm not sure, if this a compliment, flattery or very cynic Laughing

Just thaught that one of my reasons for looking momentarily a bit different at this site, certainly is that I'm mainly occupied to summarize some works about 'Manual Labour and Early Medieval Monasterium', sources, which are partly in dog Latin ('Küchenlatein' that's in German :wink: ), early French and German Sad .

And by Max Weber Crying or Very sad

But generally I agree with Pete's response.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:27 am
kitchenpete- HI! Glad to see that you are around! Very Happy
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:27 am
How do I get tickets to Blue Man Group?
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:31 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
kitchenpete- HI! Glad to see that you are around! Very Happy

Thanks - I usually visit a2k in lunch breaks at work or at various "break" points of day but I've just not had the time, recently.

I'm not "going" anywhere, though. I'll always be back, sooner or later!

KP
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:10:43