• Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 14,296 • Replies: 351
No top replies

husker

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:34 pm
Re: I'm Not Enjoying A2K As Much Lately
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
help me out......

stay out of politics and religion and yer thinking alot about your friend eric.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:35 pm
You need to tell us why, bear.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:38 pm
No help from here, brohan.

This board has really fallen down lately.

Promising conversations rapidly disintegrate into inane chat, dueling stupid pictures, or just plain idiocy.

And I'm just not going to spend my increasingly limited online time on that.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:43 pm
eoe wrote:

just hasn't been that interesting......no offense to anyone....I still find most of the people interesting...I'm still quite fond of many.....just not interesting in general.....maybe it's just me......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:47 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
eoe wrote:

just hasn't been that interesting......no offense to anyone....I still find most of the people interesting...I'm still quite fond of many.....just not interesting in general.....maybe it's just me......

When the two of us are perusing the art forums, something is up. Not that I don't appreciate art, it's just not a forum I ever thought of visiting until recently.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:51 pm
I find myself going through the topics faster these days and not really focussing on much. In politics we have heard the same arguments since Bush got elected and we know beforehand what everyone's going to say. I mainly come here to share a few words with friends before getting on with my business.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:01 pm
Same here. I guess I've just been checking in, more or less. Had an all-important thread going about my brother's passing but that's about done now and nothing much else is going on. I thought it was just me, distracted by personal grief.

It's bound to pick up, bear. Someone, at some point, will hit on an interesting topic.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:03 pm
yes - ditto - not sure why - mebbe Craven's relative absence is part of it?

And - I can't think of anything riveting to post about!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:05 pm
There was one interesting topic in politics that I tried to participate in, in a serious manner. Before it hit the second page, it degenerated into a typical Bush good, Kerry bad scenario. Sigh...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:10 pm
Mebbe that is the problem, cav?

I also cannot bear to go into most political threads, cos I feel like screaming and biting as soon as I see the usual crap starting.

As for the damn gun threads!!!!! Oy veh!

I have been enjoying Msolga's Oz election thread, though.

Maybe I should open a hot button thread - that will get everyone fighting - but which it will be difficult to make degenerate into the usual dreck?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:13 pm
I may be a joker most of the time, but if there is something in politics that piques my interest, I enter with the dream that it will actually end up as a proper, serious discussion, not ranting and personal slights. I may have to learn something about Aussie politics now.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:18 pm
Lol!

Any chance of just scrolling past the usual suspects? Doing the complete ignore of that stuff - and just engaging with other people in the thread who want to discuss stuff seriously?

I can't do it meself - my political fuse is getting shorter and shorter - (actually, my personal one isn't real good right now, either) - partly cos I think the issues are so important right now - and they are mirroring in both Oz and the USA - double dosing.

I see red and it isn't good for me - so I am just avoiding, pretty much.

And - my own ability to initiate silly threads that other folks enjoy seems to have gone down the toilet....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:38 pm
My fart thread is plugging along nicely. Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:43 pm
I have been feeling disinterested as well. Maybe we're having a collective end-of-summer malaise?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:54 pm
I think we're just settling into familiar routines. It's always more exciting when you're just getting to know people.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:57 pm
I dunno, a2k seemed to ebb and flow from exciting to boring for me. It came and went in a cycle.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:00 pm
Aren't there some forum lifecycle statistics on this malaise?

I remember a similar discussion just as I was joining Abuzz, by people who'd been there about 2 years - and then another round of it 2 years later - and then this spring. One of the other forums I go to regularly has just had an influx of people from another site - which seemed to be some kind of cyclical itch and purge.

hehehehe - Dec '02 / January '03 - http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49486#49486
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:09 pm
eh.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:11 pm
I hear ya, Bear.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm Not Enjoying A2K As Much Lately
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 03:32:29