What gives you energy, and how do you relax?

Mon 29 Aug, 2016 08:02 am
I will start:

1. I get energy from things I am interested in, especially something if I am discovering a new subject, place or way of thinking.

2. I am trying to work this one out. Being in water helps me relax. I like pools and spas and lakes that I can bob around in. I am also going to take up a sport to help me take my mind of things.

I would love to hear your suggestions.

Pq x

TheCobbler

Mon 29 Aug, 2016 08:29 am
Not taxing my liver and kidneys gives me real energy.

i.e.

Not drinking alcohol, drinking caffeine or any medications or drugs that are not "absolutely" necessary.

Eating healthy foods (very little sugar) and not overeating (drink water) weight reduction or gain when necessary.

Getting good sleep and exercise daily.

Good dental hygiene.

Focusing on positive thoughts, love for others whenever possible is fulfilling.

The body responds well to this and rewards one with an abundance of good energy.

With enough exercise the body has a threshold and relaxation is more satisfying.

Nature, the opera, musicals plays, volunteer work, being socially active...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Mon 29 Aug, 2016 08:45 am
@The Pentacle Queen,

music does both for me...
0 Replies

saab

Mon 29 Aug, 2016 10:39 am
To get energy back I drink a cup of tea with lots of sugar. And that not just once in a while.
Energy I usually have plenty of, to do the things I feel like doing and by coming up with new projects.
How do I relax? Strecht out, drink tea, read, talk to friends, just stare into the sky, good discussions.
And laughing gives me both energy and also makes me relax.
0 Replies

George

Mon 29 Aug, 2016 12:31 pm
1. Thinking about sex.
2. Sex.

If memory serves . . .
roger

Mon 29 Aug, 2016 02:01 pm
@George,
I have fun with my memories, too.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Mon 29 Aug, 2016 04:24 pm
@George,
3. (refer to 1 and 2?)

Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 29 Aug, 2016 08:07 pm
Dancing energizes my brain even when it's wearing out my body. Love learning and drilling technique, working on musicality, interesting rhythms. The challenge of setting solo choreos and learning troupe choreos makes my brain whirrrrrrr.

Swimming relaxes me to a silly degree. I can swim for literally hours and just zone out completely.
0 Replies

Roberta

Mon 29 Aug, 2016 10:29 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Energy: This is hit and miss. Cooking gives me energy. Going out for something social gives me energy. Taking steroids (I had to do this for medical reasons.) Stand back. Watch out. This stuff is unreal. Powerful. Amazing. Unfortunately, in addition to giving me a great deal of energy, I also had an insatiable appetite.

Relaxation: Reading. Taking a walk late at night when it's cool and the streets are not crowded. Taking a bath.
0 Replies

Agent1741

Mon 11 Jun, 2018 06:38 am
I love to listen to music to relax or do anything come to think of it. As to energy not very much currently my knee kinda restricts what I can do.
0 Replies