White Male Privilege Is Why We Laugh At Lochte And Vilify Douglas

oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 07:39 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Its beyond the pale.

You poor hatemongers. However will you cope with me standing up to your hate?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 08:00 pm
@oralloy,
the zionist hate mongers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOiKKR0BxfE
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 08:52 pm
@snood,
Yeah. I've been doing it, too. But I'm not doing it anymore. I don't need to, he's not anything if not a consistently dismal poster.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 09:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
the zionist hate mongers

Nice one Adolf. Tell us all about how horrible those Jews are.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 09:56 pm
http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/530_298/57b6128f1700002c00d1fafb.jpg
engineer

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 06:18 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Lochte is joining Dancing with the Stars.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/rio-2016/2016/08/24/ryan-lochte-dancing-with-the-stars-dwts-cast/89306932/
Linkat

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 07:06 am
@engineer,
Wow did anyone read this from the attached article? I mean we need to wait, but this makes the Brazil authorities seem as bad as the swimmers in making up their stories. It doesn't get the swimmers off for lying but it also doesn't make them seem as bad as they were originally portrayed.

An investigation by USA TODAY Sports into the police account found the trashing of the bathroom never happened and that police never even asked the swimmers about it. The swimmers never entered the bathroom or even forced the door, according to their testimonies to Rio authorities. Video doesn’t show them doing anything to the bathroom and the only damage is to an advertising poster torn down by Lochte as the swimmers left. They urinated in bushes behind the building because the bathroom was locked, they said in statements to police.

The swimmers, however, were detained by badge-carrying, armed prison guards working a private security detail, USA TODAY Sports confirmed. They were held at gunpoint as a translator worked out a deal for the swimmers to pay 160 reais – about $50 -- for the damage to the poster and be allowed to leave, they said in statements.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 07:34 am
@Linkat,
That was known almost all along; I read it fairly early on more than one reputable site (no links, sorry). The incorrect bathroom business was picked up by media and tossed around some news sites.
Lochte's lies are still lies.
oralloy

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 12:19 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
It doesn't get the swimmers off for lying but it also doesn't make them seem as bad as they were originally portrayed.

The fact that they did not lie gets them off for lying.

Linkat wrote:
An investigation by USA TODAY Sports into the police account found the trashing of the bathroom never happened and that police never even asked the swimmers about it. The swimmers never entered the bathroom or even forced the door, according to their testimonies to Rio authorities. Video doesn’t show them doing anything to the bathroom and the only damage is to an advertising poster torn down by Lochte as the swimmers left.

I'm not surprised. This is what is to be expected of a third-world hellhole.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 12:20 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

Lochte didn't lie.
Linkat

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 01:58 pm
@ossobucotemp,
But you are not hearing about it in the media - no one came back and said ---- oops Brazil police (or whoever at first said the swimmers wrecked the bathroom) made a mistake and no one apologized on that side. Fair is fair - if you expect the swimmers to fess up so should the other side.

I am not dismissing Lochte at any means - but it was exaggerated on the other side and no one seems to care.
Linkat

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 02:01 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

ossobucotemp wrote:

Lochte didn't lie.

From the article -
"Lochte, who acknowledged he’d been drinking, had drawn the ire of authorities when he incorrectly described the incident in an impromptu interview hours after it occurred, saying that the men had been “pulled over” and he had a “gun to the forehead.” Neither of those details were correct and Lochte drew outrage from Brazilians who had grown tired of skepticism in the foreign press about their ability to host a secure Olympics. But the swimmers were in a cab about to pull away from the station when a man with a badge stopped it, and one of the guards did aim a gun at Lochte from close range, surveillance videos show."

He sure didn't tell the truth -
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 02:17 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
Re: bobsal u1553115 (Post 6253686)

This ought to really raise his image rating bunches. I know if I were trying to come back after a scandal the first thing I'd do is "Dance with the Stars" . I hope he's paired with Judge Judy.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 02:23 pm
@Linkat,
I didn't tabulate so I don't know who said that first, but it got around by people quoting someone, maybe a media person, maybe the Brazilian police. Probably easy to check police quotes.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 02:26 pm
@Linkat,
he also went on about himself being the only swimmer standing up to these faux cops, with the other three lying down, all of them placing their wallets on the ground.
Linkat

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 03:05 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Quote:
Re: bobsal u1553115 (Post 6253686)

This ought to really raise his image rating bunches. I know if I were trying to come back after a scandal the first thing I'd do is "Dance with the Stars" . I hope he's paired with Judge Judy.

Unfortunately they dance with a professional dancer. I was listening on the radio and they said there will most likely be a piece where he describes (with tears in his eyes) about how this was the worst thing in his life. Wonder what song he will dance to that will portray this particularly difficult time in his life.
Linkat

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 03:07 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

he also went on about himself being the only swimmer standing up to these faux cops, with the other three lying down, all of them placing their wallets on the ground.

To be honest I wouldn't doubt he would do that - thinking he was above the Brazilian police and not worthy of lying down.

Now this is pure speculation on my part - don't start forwarding this as fact on social media.
Linkat

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 03:09 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

I didn't tabulate so I don't know who said that first, but it got around by people quoting someone, maybe a media person, maybe the Brazilian police. Probably easy to check police quotes.

More than likely because the story about them kicking in a bathroom door and peeing on the door and tearing it up is much more interesting than just destroying a poster and peeing in the bushes.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 03:12 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
they said there will most likely be a piece where he describes (with tears in his eyes) about how this was the worst thing in his life

Could it be this one? It only makes me cringe when I hear it and stab my eardrums with knitting needles - another story for another time.

0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 03:13 pm
@Linkat,
which points to media as opposed to the Brazilian cops, but I don't remember at this point and don't want to go scurrying around trying to pinpoint who started it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 05:43:15