White Male Privilege Is Why We Laugh At Lochte And Vilify Douglas

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:00 pm
@snood,
Quote:

I am really anxious to see what kind of **** you're talking after November 8th.

"voter fraud", "payoffs", the "Liberal Press" ..... the usual only in a more bitter tone than usual.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:19 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Quote:
please show me a country that offers Black folk as much opportunity as the U.S.

Yeah, they were even nice enough to come and give us a ride here to start giving us all that opportunity. Why, black people shouldn't have anything to say to white corporate power but "Thank you, suh".

Holy mother of God, who said Blacks folks get a bunch of opportunity? That's just freeping unnecessarily and intentionally provocative. I hate to think we have such a numb skull on A2K.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:21 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

snood wrote:
And how he couldn't own what he did so he had to lie about being robbed at gunpoint.

He didn't lie about that. The guy pointed his gun at him and took his money. Armed robbery is a perfectly straightforward conclusion.

Your are so breathtakingly uninformed your mother is embarrassed.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 11:40 pm
I think it's time to stop responding to oral boy. He's uneducable, lacks curiosity, and gets some sort of creepy charge parroting his Limbaugh nonsense. I can't respond one more time, it seems like I'm being complicit and encouraging a very disturbed person. I hope he lives three thousand miles from me and hasn't reproduced. It's an unhealthy venture to encourage him as if he actually has an informed viewpoint.
oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:12 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
I am really anxious to see what kind of **** you're talking after November 8th.

The idea that I would start spouting nonsense, as if I were some sort of liberal or something, is silly.

I've already told you how I would respond in the extremely unlikely event that I'm wrong. Don't expect anything other than what you've already been told.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:13 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
"voter fraud", "payoffs", the "Liberal Press" ..... the usual only in a more bitter tone than usual.

Embittered rants about voter fraud?? Like you??? Never!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:15 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
oralloy wrote:
He didn't lie about that. The guy pointed his gun at him and took his money. Armed robbery is a perfectly straightforward conclusion.

Your are so breathtakingly uninformed your mother is embarrassed.

Wrong. I am completely informed on every aspect of this case.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:16 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I think it's time to stop responding to oral boy.

Why am I not surprised that your only argument is name-calling?

glitterbag wrote:
He's uneducable, lacks curiosity,

I'm actually the most brilliant person that you've ever communicated with, and by a margin larger than you are capable of comprehending.

glitterbag wrote:
and gets some sort of creepy charge parroting his Limbaugh nonsense.

You can always tell when a liberal has been confronted with a fact that they can't handle. They suddenly start babbling about Rush Limbaugh or Fox News out of nowhere.

glitterbag wrote:
as if he actually has an informed viewpoint.

I know a billion times more about the subjects that I discuss than you know about them.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:43 am
@oralloy,
Thank you for the guffaws.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:46 am
@glitterbag,
Honest to God, you are a treasure trove.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:47 am
@glitterbag,
Really, the laughter never ends.
oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 02:21 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Really, the laughter never ends.

Interesting mindset. If you aren't able to understand a subject, just ridicule those of us who do understand it.

I guess whatever helps you cope with your failure to make cogent on-topic points.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 05:27 am
@glitterbag,
I take that oath.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 05:32 am
Ryan Lochte will be suspended 10 months, source says

By Steve Visser

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/07/us/ryan-lochte-suspension/index.html

Updated 11:27 PM ET, Wed September 7, 2016

Now Playing Lochte: 'I...

(CNN)US swimmer Ryan Lochte will be suspended from his sport for 10 months and will not be allowed to participate in the 2017 world championship meet as a result of his involvement in a gas station incident in Rio de Janeiro during the Olympics, a person with knowledge of the situation told CNN contributor Christine Brennan on Wednesday.
That means the 12-time Olympic medalist will not compete in another world championship until summer 2019. He turns 35 on August 3 that year.

The other three swimmers involved in the episode -- Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger and James Feigen -- also face suspensions but not as long as Lochte's, the person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the decision has not been announced publicly, told Brennan.
A joint announcement on the suspensions by the United States Olympic Committee and US Swimming, the national governing body for the sport, is expected Thursday, the person said.

On Wednesday, the USOC told CNN it had nothing to report. US Swimming did not respond to CNN's request for comment.

The gas-station episode, and Lochte's "exaggerated" description of it later to newscasters, created an international hubbub and an embarrassment for Olympic officials.

Lochte, 32, initially said he and three other swimmers were the victims of a dramatic robbery when returning by taxi from a late-night party. He later backtracked after a police investigation found the swimmers were stopped by security guards at a gas station after committing an act of vandalism and paid approximately $50 in damages.

Bentz, Conger and Feigen have since publicly shared their version of the events with stories that differ from Lochte's original tale and essentially match surveillance video released by Brazilian police.

Lochte has apologized for poor behavior at the Rio gas station on the morning of August 14. The group had stopped there to use the bathroom and, finding the door locked, urinated behind the building, during which time Lochte reputedly tore down a framed poster from the building's wall.
Brazilian authorities have since charged Lochte with falsely reporting a crime, which could bring a fine or up to six months in jail. When his court hearing comes up, Lochte can opt to send a lawyer on his behalf and does not need to appear in court in Rio.

The police investigation began after Lochte had returned to the United States. The three other swimmers were blocked from leaving Brazil and one, Feigen, faced a Brazilian judge for his statements to police regarding the gas station incident.

He agreed to pay $10,800 to a charity to settle the case. Brazilian authorities brought no charges against Bentz or Conger.
Lochte has since taken responsibility publicly, saying the international Olympic scandal was his fault and caused by his "immature behavior."

"I over-exaggerated that story and if I had never done that we wouldn't be in this mess," he told NBC's Matt Lauer.

Lauer asked Lochte about using the word "victims" in a prior interview, when police have said the swimmers were vandals.

"It's how you want to make it look like," Lochte responded. "Whether you call it a robbery or whether you call it extortion or us paying just for the damages. We don't know. All we know is there was a gun pointed in our direction and we were demanded to give money."

The swimmer's sponsorship deals have taken a hit since the incident, with Speedo, Polo Ralph Lauren, Gentle Hair Removal and mattress maker Airweave all saying they would be cutting ties with Lochte after the international incident.

However, he has gained new sponsorships from Pine Bros. cough drops and Robocopp, a crime prevention device maker.

"Just as Pine Bros. is forgiving to your throat, the company asks [the] public for a little forgiveness for an American swimming legend," the company said in a statement.

He also scored a slot on Season 23 of ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."

CNN's Chuck Johnston contributed to this report.
oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 07:21 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Ryan Lochte will be suspended 10 months, source says

It seems minor enough considering it'll be the year after the Olympics. But he should appeal this nonsense just on principle.

And the US Air Force should get in some target practice against Brazil. There is no reason why we should put up with crap like this.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 10:31 am
@nimh,
Going back to the question of whether the American public was much harder on Gabby Douglas than on Ryan Lochte, as the article that was posted here claimed, I came across a poll conducted back when their stories were still more in the news (August 19-21) which included an indication.

The poll focused primarily on more usual stuff - the presidential race etc. But it included favorability questions about a range of public figures, including both Lochte and Douglas. The poll was conducted in deeply conservative Utah; perhaps the kind of state where you might expect people to look particularly askance at some purported disrespecting of the national anthem. Yet Douglas fared very well in the poll. Lochte, not so much.

Gabby Douglas was seen favorably by 61% of Utah voters, and unfavorably by just 8%. But only 18% of voters had a favorable opinion of Ryan Lochte, to 48% with a negative one.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 06:01 am
Quote:
Two protesters have been arrested for storming the stage after Ryan Lochte's debut on Dancing with the Stars.

Police in Los Angeles confirmed to Newsbeat that two men were taken into custody after the incident involving the Olympic swimmer.

"Suspects posted as audience members - they then changed their clothes to reveal anti-Lochte slogans," a spokesman explained.

The pair, aged 40 and 48, both from LA, were arrested for trespassing.

It happened as the judges were critiquing Lochte and his dance partner Cheryl Baker on the US version of Strictly Come Dancing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37346771/ryan-lochte-stage-stormed-by-protesters-on-dancing-with-the-stars
oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 07:17 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Two protesters have been arrested for storming the stage

Good. We need to start prosecuting liberals for their kookery.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:24:21