The Future of policing in the United States

giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 09:13 am
White police officer to black female motorist pulled over for traffic stop; failure to make a complete stop at a stop sign:

Ma'am can I see your license and registration?

Black female motorist:

Oh no you didn't just pull me over... mother ****** I ain't showing you nothing you ain't got no right to pull me over this is nothing more than harassment and racial profiling and I aint saying **** to you honky you better get a black cop out here to deal with me.

Five minutes later black police officer arrives:

Ma'am can I see your license and registration please?

Black female motorist:

Nigga I ain't showing you noththing You Ain't Nothin But a God damn Uncle Tom a lap dog for whitey and I ain't talkin to you no more you better get a female cop out here to deal with me.

10 minutes later black female police officer arrives:

Ma'am can I see your license and registration please?

Black female motorist:

Bitch you I ain't got no reason to pull my ass over I ain't doing nothing wrong this is nothing but the police harassment and racial profiling my rights are being violated and I want to talk to a supervisor I'm not talking to you no more.

15 minutes later black female police sergeant arrives:

Ma'am could you step out of the vehicle and talk to me please?

Black female motorist screaming:

**** you I ain't getting out of my car you got four cops here and I know if I get out of my car one of you motherfuckers is going to shoot me dead I'm calling the news media I want this videotaped I want everybody to see that this is nothing but police harassment and racial profiling you all pulled my ass over for no God damn good reason and now you got me surrounded by four pigs I'm just one person.

2 minutes later the local news truck shows up with a live report breaking in to National programming.

Black female motorist being interviewed now in a very calm voice:

I don't know why they pulled me over I wasn't doing anything wrong and now I've been surrounded by four police officers I'm in fear of my life I feel that if I get out of this car that one of them is going to assassinate me.

Thirty seconds later Al Sharpton arrives screaming for all the media to hear:

This is a travesty... This is what it's come to when a black person can't drive down the road without being pulled over by four police officers on some trumped-up charges... This is obviously a clear-cut case of racial profiling and police harassment.

Two minutes later 200 black lives matter protesters show up holding signs saying hands up don't shoot chanting: Pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon... What do we want Dead Cops when do we want it now.

15 minutes later Obama is on CNN calling for a federal civil rights investigation.

1 months later the black female motorist receives $50,000 to settle out of court... The federal investigation cost 13.5 million dollars and determines the police department to be racist because they only have one female black sergeant on the Department and has it disbanded... Local community residents now have to wait 20 minutes for state police to respond to Priority calls.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 4,940 • Replies: 96

dalehileman

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:51 am
@giujohn,
John, thatnks for that. What brings you to a2k and how long did it take you to compose that
jespah

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:05 am
@dalehileman,
The plot's thin. The characters are cardboard.

Seriously, if the OP wants to sell this story, he's going to have to introduce better dialogue and set the scenes better. Perhaps a romantic subplot would endear a publisher.
giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:08 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

John, thatnks for that. What brings you to a2k and how long did it take you to compose that

Here to counter the overly biased left-wing ideology... Took me about 6 minutes.
giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:10 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

The plot's thin. The characters are cardboard.

Seriously, if the OP wants to sell this story, he's going to have to introduce better dialogue and set the scenes better. Perhaps a romantic subplot would endear a publisher.

The Romantic subplot is that BLM and people like AL Sharpton love to hate.
jespah

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:29 am
@giujohn,
Odd capitalizations? Honestly, you need proofreading services. Writers striving for believability need to capture readers' attentions and keep them. Spelling, punctuation, and capitalization errors take readers out of the story. The suspension of disbelief is lost and, once it's gone, it'll never return.

Plus the swearing. The YA market is not going to buy this.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:54 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
overly biased left-wing ideology
But John you find both sides in almost any such

So what else draws you to a2k
giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:02 pm
@dalehileman,
Nothing in particular... What are you fishing for here?
giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:05 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Odd capitalizations? Honestly, you need proofreading services. Writers striving for believability need to capture readers' attentions and keep them. Spelling, punctuation, and capitalization errors take readers out of the story. The suspension of disbelief is lost and, once it's gone, it'll never return.

Plus the swearing. The YA market is not going to buy this.
[/quote

Uh huh...
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:10 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
fishing for
I oft ask the a2k folk such. There must be dozens of similar sites, so isn't it natural to wonder what it is about this one in particular

The occasional participant fields a great, long op that must have taken hours to write, entailing the q, why should one care about the notions of several total strangers

...unless it's just to innocently chat
giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:29 pm
@dalehileman,
Well since I don't have to type because I can just talk into this and it does the typing for me it only takes as long as it does for me to say it... Which is nice, and no, I don't bother with correcting the punctuation... if the reader can't figure it out they're probably not that intelligent anyway.
jespah

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:33 pm
@giujohn,
Or the reader might feel little to no care was taken in the posting of such statements.

'Cause, you know, it's like making sure your shirt isn't stained when you go out in public.

But hey, whatever. If you don't want anyone to find your posts credible, that's hardly my problem or concern. And feel free to dismiss my years of posting and moderating sites.

Have a nice day!

PS Take care, Dale.
giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:40 pm
@jespah,
Ya...OK...a little thin-skinned aren't we? It's an Internet site not a college English composition course... I'm not here to impress anybody... Just to get my point across. I don't take it that seriously I don't know why you are . Have a nice day.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 01:06 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
... don't have to type ... just talk into this....Which is nice, and no, I don't bother with correcting.... probably not that intelligent anyway
Glu I'm absolutely delighted by your response
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 01:10 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
PS Take care, Dale
Actually Jes I've had to change my habits a little to facility the understanding of a typical esl. But God, Jesus, please don't make me spell out the q

Quote:
BLM and people like AL Sharpton love to hate
We have many also; the digital world is full of 'em

But just out of curiosity, let's have response from every participant who didn't recognize that'n

Forgive
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:26 pm
The dialogue isn't realistic, in my opinion, since not one police officer mentions the reason for stopping the driver. Also, there isn't any reply from any officer, apparently acquiescing to the tirade from the driver? It could be a sketch on some comedy show?

What I find sad about this is that when Amos 'N Andy was listened to/watched by millions of Americans, the humor was just self-deprecating Black on Black humor. There was no attempt to make it adversarial with whites. If that is a sign of the times, I pray for the U.S. to think where we are going as a society.

Deadpan

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 03:35 pm
@giujohn,
This would be funny if it weren't so true - you must have actually been there taking notes.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 08:03 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

The dialogue isn't realistic, in my opinion, since not one police officer mentions the reason for stopping the driver. Also, there isn't any reply from any officer, apparently acquiescing to the tirade from the driver?

Unfortunately the dialogue is all too real.

The officer is not obligated by any law or regulation to
immediately tell the motorist the reason for the Stop and usually does not interact with the motorist on that level until he has first identified the motorist and establishes that the motorist is legally operating the vehicle. The officer as a trained Observer is also evaluating the overall situation based on the response and demeanor of the driver... One of the things he is immediately assessing is whether or not the driver may or may not be a threat to his safety or well-being as this is Paramount in the beginning of the traffic stop as it is always an unknown.

Nowadays acquiescing in any fashion when dealing with a motorist in the above scenario regardless what the officer says especially if the motorist is recording the encounter will be taken out of context and negatively portrayed in the media by people who have an axe to grind and have no idea why the officer does what he does nor do they care... they will purposely give it a negative slant in an effort to broadly paint all police officers as jack-booted Thugs and Stormtroopers in order to further their cause or simply for higher ratings. With the hostile environment that persists today exasperated by liberally biased media and radical liberal organizations such as BLM it seems now that is better for the officer to remain silent because anything he says will be unfairly used against him.
This ladies and gentlemen is what the state of policing in the United States is coming to... And then we will all be asking ourselves why has the crime rate exploded and why aren't the police as effective as they could be... So endeth the lesson.
Deadpan

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 06:54 am
@giujohn,
You probably meant "exacerbated" instead of "exasperated," although I'm sure the officer was certainly exasperated after this exchange. Cool
giujohn

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 07:46 am
@Deadpan,
Yes this voice recognition that does my typing is not perfect and I didn't notice the mistake but thanks for pointing it out
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Future of policing in the United States
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:30:49