4
   

The Future of policing in the United States

 
 
giujohn
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 04:49 am
@momoends,
And what thread are you supposedly quoting me from it wasn't from this thread
0 Replies
 
RABEL222
 
  4  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 07:21 pm
@vikorr,
I am a private citizen. I have the right to express an opinion. IF Glu is a cop he has a responsibility to be respectful. If he wasent you can bet your ass I would report him. Thus far every cop I have met has been respectful.
giujohn
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 07:59 pm
@RABEL222,
Apparently you don't pay enough attention to my posts... I've repeatedly told you that I no longer work as a police officer I'm 61 years old I work for the federal government but not as a law enforcement official. And let me also disabuse you of another notion police officers don't have a responsibility to be respectful because some people just don't deserve it... they are citizens before they are police officers so they have the same rights that you have. And as we are liken to say as a cop our duty is to protect your ass not to kiss it.
0 Replies
 
vikorr
 
  0  
Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 03:36 pm
@RABEL222,
Yes.

That an obligation is imposed by govt on a public servant to be respectful... is irrelevant to the principle of hypocrisy.

At its base level, you are demanding respect, from the person you are being disrespectful to. It's a hypocritical stance.
vikorr
 
  0  
Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 04:24 pm
@momoends,
moemends wrote:
you contradict yourself all the time.
vikorr wrote:
Perhaps, rather than making nonsense claims with no evidence whatsoever, you could back up your words with something of substance?
moemends wrote:
-could you back yours?

So you have no evidence whatsoever for what is in effect, a nonsense claim of yours.

moemends wrote:
- i was not trying to strengthen my opinion: it´s a fact and yes i can find something wrong: you are considering something prevalent in black people, when it´s something prevalent all over the world in the lower levels of society, where criminal activity and violent conflicts find their ideal conditions to develop.

That's incorrect - I made no mention of race.

That's because what I was writing about could be applied to any race, any culture, any religion, any minority, and any majority.

It's because I was writing about the flawed logic of your statement, which I've quoted yet again - at the bottom of this post, in red. And it's twice now that I've stated that it was the logic/principle behind your statement that I was addressing, rather than any specific data set.

moemends wrote:
Could you explain now how is your post of any help?

Yes. Stating/promoting beliefs that cannot be applied even handedly to all races (in terms of discussion of problems) helps keep poverty cycles alive, helps keep crime issues alive, helps keep resentment alive...and these, in the end, help keep racism alive.

Some people believe it's right not to discuss such problems. Some people are too scared to discuss such problems. Some people get yelled down for discussing such problems.

We should be able to discuss both positives and negatives, highlights and problems. The principle of discussion that applies to the positive & the highlights, can, and should also be applied to the negatives & the issues.

The discussion of problems does not equal hate or prejudice; and the discussion of such problems, should never be based in hate or prejudice.

Again my post was aimed that the flaw inherent in this specific statement of yours:
moemends wrote:
And last, but not least, I WON´T EVER STAR A THREAD ASKING OR DEBATING ABOUT A RACE OR CULTURE IN PARTICULAR... EVER, I consider people stereotyping and judging people based on the color of their skin or the country their from

RABEL222
 
  2  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 12:47 am
@vikorr,
In what way am I being disrespectful. What hypocrisy. I showed the officers that pulled me over the same respect they showed me. Another straw man post from you just like our friend the fake cop.
giujohn
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 03:53 am
@RABEL222,
it's easy for you to say in this forum how you will be disrespectful to the police officer who pulls you over if you feel he's disrespectful to you but in reality if you're that stupid to get into a pissing contest with a police officer on the side of the road I guarantee that you will lose every time... Because cop fo not get paid to lose the argument so get used to taking the bus cuz your licence will go poof.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 06:53 am
@giujohn,
So you're admitting police are corrupt, that they will illegally confiscate someone's driving licence if they're not a suck up.

The stuff you admit to is pretty bad, I hate to imagine what you're keeping under wraps.
giujohn
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 08:26 am
@izzythepush,
No izzy I never said the cop would confiscate the license... the judge does that. On a traffic stop cop has a lot of discretion he doesn't need to be corrupt if you're a total asshole after I do a safety inspection on the average car I could probably find about a half a dozen things I can write you a ticket for... all perfectly legal. And after a couple traffic stops with the attitude that's your other buddy seems to have with the amount of tickets he'll rack up the judge will be more than happy to make his license go poof... get a clue why don't you.
farmerman
 
  3  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 08:30 am
@giujohn,
Very few cops Ive dealt with deserve respect. I do a good job in my exploration assignments and I am always expecting some low IQ'd "county mountie" harrassing me or some of my crew guys. These cops often see an oil rig and a geophysical survey as an opportunity to plunder and threaten.

Give a mailman a gun and whata ya got?
giujohn
 
  0  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 08:46 am
@farmerman,
What's ya got? The guy who risks his life to pull your dumb ass out of your burning car after you've wrecked it on a lonely Highway.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 11:46 am
@giujohn,
At least have the guts to own your own words. I'm not enjoying your descent into apoplectic insecurity, it must be hell to be going through it first hand.

Try to get some help.
RABEL222
 
  2  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 02:43 pm
@giujohn,
Read my posts. I said disrespectful actions will result in my complaining to his superiors. Not in arguing with the officer. Are you sure your a cop or is this just another of your many strawmen posts? One can also talk to a judge. A small town's cops have a bad reputation around here so much so that the local judges have thrown out their tickets because the judges dont trust them.
RABEL222
 
  2  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 02:47 pm
@giujohn,
From what I read the cops shoot first than look for a reason to make it legal. Maybe thats why so many people are shooting at cops because they fear them.
vikorr
 
  1  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 03:39 pm
@RABEL222,
Rabel222 wrote:
I showed the officers that pulled me over the same respect they showed me.
That's good to know, although here we are talking about your interaction with John, and not any other interactions you have had with other people, or other police.

That said, in this thread, your behaviour in this thread has apparently contradicted your above claim, for in the interaction with John in this thread, it is you who first became rude, and started name calling. Perhaps this is a carry over from another thread?
----------------------------------------------------

Rabel222 wrote:
In what way am I being disrespectful.

See below
Rabel222 wrote:
I have also been pulled over by assholes like you who demanded I kiss their feet because they thought they were Gods.
Rabel222 wrote:
I would love to report your worthless ass

----------------------------------------------------
rabel222 wrote:
What hypocrisy.

You can't see the hypocrisy that would be inherent in you reporting a person for disrepsect who you are calling:
- an asshole
- a person who thinks himself a God
- a worthless ass?

Your stance meets the very definition of hypocrisy
0 Replies
 
giujohn
 
  0  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 03:40 pm
@izzythepush,
If I need a shrink I'm sure you can get me a discount considering your volume business.
0 Replies
 
giujohn
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 03:46 pm
@RABEL222,
No what you said is that you would show the cop the same respect he shows you which means that if you think he's disrespectful you will reply in kind...not that I believe you cuz it's easy to talk a big game here as opposed to the side of the road.
giujohn
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 03:50 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

From what I read the cops shoot first than look for a reason to make it legal. Maybe thats why so many people are shooting at cops because they fear them.


Uh yeah...you need to expand your library to other than the black panthers and BLM reading room.
RABEL222
 
  2  
Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 12:17 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
...not that I believe you cuz it's easy to talk a big game here as opposed to the side of the road.


So you wont get upset if I think you are a liar?
0 Replies
 
RABEL222
 
  2  
Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 12:20 am
@giujohn,
All I need to do is read the local newspapers displaying the latest cop shooting of some individual with their hands in the air after which some cop finds a gun hidden in his shoe.
 

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/23/2021 at 01:16:15