NFL opening weekend

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:46 pm
Quote:
The WORST offensive line? These are the Super Bowl champs! Who got there in large part because of their dominating offensive line!

The Patriots were the Super Bowl champs, Soz. And the Panther do have a horrible offensive line. Ask anyone who's in the know.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:52 pm
Oh. Heh.

I stopped paying attention to the playoffs when Brett's pass was picked off by Philadelphia.

OK, but they MADE it that far. (Superbowl)

I just checked and a lot of articles about the game talk about how great the Carolina O-line was last year. But they do say "rebuilt", too.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:08 pm
Mckenzie is a greedy fool. He want's more dough... and, believe it or not, more pull in coaching decisions. I hope he also wants a ring, or he's out of here. He might be a little underpaid... but not so bad to excuse his offensive attitude. I think he's done here... and may not make any more money elsewhere... since he's proving that his sig on a contract means nothing. What a jerk.

Carolina's O-line did take a a terrible hit in the off season, but that hardly explains our near domination on both sides of the ball <throws that high five back to Soz!>

Yep it's true Soz... I get to enjoy two of my favorite things simultaneously! (Watching the Packers win... AND watching the Bears lose!)
Look for me... I'll be the guy wearing the cheese! Razz
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:18 pm
Aw, that sucks about McKenzie. I like him. Or, did. :-( That can't be good for team morale.

Is Sherman genuinely to blame for this at all? I can't really get a bead on him -- can't tell if he's just adequate and does the minimum to allow the amazing talent on the team to do its thing, or if he's actually good, or actually bad. (Some baaaad calls last year...)

If you will be sitting anywhere near the end zones -- as in Lambeau Leap range -- I'm gonna absolutely implode from jealousy.

But maybe I'd really see you on TV! That'd be awesome. :-D
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 04:33 pm
sozobe wrote:
Aw, that sucks about McKenzie. I like him. Or, did. :-( That can't be good for team morale.
Brett's ticked at him. He says a man should honor his commitments (of course).

sozobe wrote:
Is Sherman genuinely to blame for this at all? I can't really get a bead on him -- can't tell if he's just adequate and does the minimum to allow the amazing talent on the team to do its thing, or if he's actually good, or actually bad. (Some baaaad calls last year...)
Leaning towards bad in my eyes. Firing Donatell was a half measure... Tom Rossley was just as bad... and as the GM that is his fault. The Mckenzie thing is Mckenzie's fault alone. Mostly I'd go with your middle answer (doing the minimum)... but in cases like Tom Rossley's paranoia, he needs to take steps. Rossley appears to have solid plays that utilize our talent, but he is entirely too conservative when calling the plays. And sometimes; just plain stupid like calling a shotgun on 2nd down and then a rollout on 3rd and 6 (instead of the other way around Rolling Eyes ).

Sherman reminds me of Holmgren with his idiotic clock management, too. Mostly I'd say he is just lucky enough to coach Brett Favre. Favre's talent has made practically everyone who ever coached him a star. He makes the running game easier by being scary, and what receiver wouldn't want to work with Brett? I wouldn't fire Sherman just yet, but I'd make him lean on Rossley (or fire him)... and I sure wish we'd make Ron Wolf an offer he can't refuse to come back and be GM. Just my opinion. I'm sure Gus's is different. :wink:

sozobe wrote:
If you will be sitting anywhere near the end zones -- as in Lambeau Leap range -- I'm gonna absolutely implode from jealousy.

But maybe I'd really see you on TV! That'd be awesome. :-D
Don't implode, darling. I'm in one of the luxury boxes opposite the press box. Figures too, because the weather is beautiful here now. Next time (like last), I'll probably be freezing my nads off outside. Not that it matters... I'd climb a streetlight naked to see the Pack beat the Bears!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 11:18 am
Happy to report my instinct was dead wrong!
Mckenzie's back and ready to play. He either missed his $160,000 game check, figured out he was behaving badly for a man who wanted to be traded or decided he'd like one of those fancy rings after all! I could almost care less which one. Big welcome back to the Predator!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 11:19 am
Awright!

Love all those dreadlock guys.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 11:35 am
Is it just me or do referees HATE the Niners?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 11:51 am
These penalties are seriously unbelievable.

We won't win a single game if the secondary and o-line continues to play like this.

Dorsey is showing his chops, tough kid.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:37 pm
BILL! Can you hear me? LEAVE the stadium, right now!!

Please?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:41 pm
Bears over Pack, Who'd of thunk it?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:44 pm
Grrrr....

Still some time left...

A little teeny bit of time...

I was at a party until 3, it was at a community center that had a widescreen TV, it had the game on

AW, MAAANN!!

Oh, flag.

Anyway, it had the game on and I saw Brett's gorgeous gorgeous TD throw to Ferguson. But the widescreen TV was too wide, or something...

FUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be back...
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:47 pm
Ferguson is on my fantasy team, let him catch 2 more.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:56 pm
I love Brett, but he's GOT to stop throwing interceptions.

Geez.

-sigh-

The end of my story is just that the TV for some reason cut off the top of the screen, so there were no stats -- score, time left, anything. And no captions. For most of my life, 3:00 PM is when the first set of games end and the next set begins, so I was thinking that it was either the very end of the game or the beginning. I guessed beginning because there didn't seem the right amount of pandemonium, and I sped home thinking I was gonna see a really fun game.

Um... not.

That one TD I did see was purty. But everything else has been pretty damn UG-ly.

-sigh-
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:58 pm
Watch the Niners game like me, they are on the verge of a big upset. Dorsey looks like Joe Montana, no joke.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:59 pm
If it was a 7-point game, I'd be happy right now... GB has the ball, 2 minutes lft, good field position. But 11?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:59 pm
Go Bears! Go Bears!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 02:00 pm
I gotta watch this one to the bitter end, COL, you know that! :-)

Good luck with the Niners tho.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 02:00 pm
8 point play, on side kick 3 point play and who knows what will happen in OT? It is a stretch, but if anyone can do it, Brett can.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 02:01 pm
[ignoring...]
0 Replies