NFL opening weekend

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:18 pm
I'm a Niners fan, and after last weekend a huge Dorsey supporter. How can a guy go 48-2 or so in college and get NO respect. He showed tons of poise in the pocket, and made Niner quality QB passes. Now Rattay on the other hand spent half of the game on his back, and throwing up wabblers. At probably the most crucial point of the game, Rattay threw a pick in the endzone that basically sealed our fate. So I get up today expecting a Quarterback Controversy, but I hear nothing...WHAT THE F?!?! Why no love for Dorsey?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,609 • Replies: 75
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:42 pm
Packers on tonight!

Yee-haw!

They're gonna get squashed, tho. (First time the offensive line has played together since last season, against the defending SB champs. Hm.)
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:48 pm
Why do you think they are gonna get squashed?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:52 pm
I said in parentheses.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:53 pm
(I don't mean, like, the first time they've played a regular season game -- obviously -- but the first time they've played together including practices, pre-season, etc. Lots of injuries.)
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:55 pm
I would think that would be a good thing. Wahle, Clifton, Trauscher, and Rivera aren't young guys, they should do a good job.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 03:00 pm
Nah, they'll be out of sync. Practicing together is important.

I mean, if they win, great. But I'm not expecting it.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 03:02 pm
how 'bout the jets curtis martin, having his best game in 4 years, exploding for 196 yds against the bengals?
he said he ran steps all summer, and has new-found endurance at age 31...
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 03:03 pm
Walter Jones has held out the past 3 years. He missed all of training camp, and a few preseason games...The past 3 years, Walter Jones made 3 Pro Bowls. So if The Pack O-Line plays well it won't be unprecedented.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 03:04 pm
I wouldn't get too happy Martin fans. Can you name 3 Bengal defensive players?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 03:06 pm
It's not just the O-line, though. Ahman Green (sigh), I forget who else. It's those kinds of guys who really have to be attuned to Brett or you get fumbles and interceptions and stuff.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 03:08 pm
I wonder what Brett's Monday Night stat line looks like....Bet it's pretty good.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 03:11 pm
I'm a Baltimore Ravens fan and they lost pathetically to Cleveland. I hope this isn't indicative of the rest of the season. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 07:10 am
Well that rocked!!!

I watched the middle two quarters, which were the ones to watch. Arrived when it was 3-0 Packers, left when it was 24-7 Packers. At the beginning I was mentally composing my "see I told you" reply to COL -- they just weren't in sync, nothing was going quite right, they looked ill at ease. Then Brett got it together and woo-wee!!

Also saw the halftime tribute. His LAST Monday Night Football game?! Ack.

Anyway, liked what I saw. Vintage combo of run and pass, keep the defnese off balance. Green looked good. Brett looked good. Bubba looked good. Walker looked good. Some new guys looked good. All against the defending Super Bowl champs.

Hmmmm...!
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 12:04 pm
See, don't doubt the Vets, they usually come to play. Especially a guy like Wahle, who learned of passion at Navy. The Pack are lucky to have such a line.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 01:27 pm
http://www.sf49ers.com/SiteImages/News/Image8581.11sub.jpg

DORSEY IS STARTING, DORSEY IS STARTING!!!!

Read all about it!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:18 pm
Soz, I cannot believe the doubt on our O-line.Shocked Those guys are the bomb. Flanagan might be the best center in the game today. Idea

I'd also like to point out that not only did our O-Line man-handle one of the best D-Lines in the business; our defense choked the life out of a very good running game and this without Grady Jackson Shocked . The predator was missed; but Mark Roman looked really good. Diggs is looking real hungry too!

And finally; our offensive coordinator called way too conservative of a game. Not going for points with the 50+ seconds before halftime should get him an ass kicking. If the turnovers had gone the other way; we could have been desperate for for those points. Slowik is doing a wonderful job with our defense, but we still need to use our uncommonly potent offense to it's potential (which appears near limitless! :wink: ).

One more thought... Did I see Ahmad Carroll looking like a real corner... already... or was that just wishful thinking?

Oh yeah... and YIPPIE! I'm in Wisconsin for the electricity, currently, and I've scored a ticket to see the Packers spank the Bears this coming Sunday! Who cares about Hurricanes? Go Packers!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:24 pm
The Packers won the game because Carolina has, arguably, the worst offensive line in the NFL.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:28 pm
Quote:
I wouldn't get too happy Martin fans. Can you name 3 Bengal defensive players?
Quote:
The Packers won the game because Carolina has, arguably, the worst offensive line in the NFL.

i say a win is a win is a win...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:38 pm
The WORST offensive line? These are the Super Bowl champs! Who got there in large part because of their dominating offensive line!

<high fiving O'Bill>

You're going to Lambeau? Against the Bears no less? Argh, jealousy seeping out of pores...

I know, I know, oh me of little faith. But it's pretty amazing that they pulled through so well. Ahman needed intravaneous fluids after the game and everything... but you sure couldn't tell from his performance.

What's the deal with McKenzie? I wasn't watching closely the whole time, saw something about he was a holdout and demanding to be traded? Doesn't get along with Sherman?
0 Replies