TELEPHONE ZOMBIES

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 01:52 pm
Theyre all over the map, hundreds of thousands of empty eyed zombies staring into theor i phone screens , getting greased by traffic, as they search for , and find, little pokemons.
Yesterday, we had a nice lunch at a dockside restaurant in the little Chesapeake Bay town of Northeast Md. Outside the patio walls were hundreds of these zombies shuffling around seeking the spot where the prize is. It was so scary that we began making up a story line about how aliens (the outer space kind) have created this numbnutz game and everyone playing is slowly turning into a POD.

The coordinates for the Northeast community park are easily figured from google. Go there and extract the little rat and further rot your head.

I guess its either pokemon GO or Jebus an his homies on a Sunday.

I dont know whether we are being invaded but , if we are, dont worry about the army. Most plyers seem quite overweight (even by US standards).

What was truly scary is that most of the players were in their 20's to 40's. There were some parents leading their larvae into the game. Start em young they say.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 2,587 • Replies: 81

jespah

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 03:44 pm
@farmerman,
So, is there a problem with people getting outside and exercising?

Who cares why they're going out for walks?

I put on headphones. I'm not listening to an erudite annotated reading of Two Gentlemen of Verona. Is it bad that I'm listening to the greatest hits of 1977?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 04:13 pm
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 04:16 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
Who cares why they're going out for walks?

this!

I'm glad to see them out there. It's more company when I'm walking the little dog late at night.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 04:37 pm

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 05:14 pm
@jespah,
most all of the zombies are oblivious to external timulus that does not involve their phones.
It isnt so much "walking" as it is a staggering lurch. I suppose it involves keeping your bearings. I dont know why they dont download a "talking GPS" app (my ol car GPS hd a "were here" lady with delightful Oz accent. (they gqve me several choices qnd I didnt like the Brit or the Merkins, an the German spoke too fst for me)
jespah

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 05:17 pm
@farmerman,
This happened before smart phones. I've had people walk into me who were engrossed in books. Smile
farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 05:32 pm
@jespah,
by the tens of millions? well maybe I exaggerate a little
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:13 am
@farmerman,
What's bloody wrong with you? Young people enjoying themselves doing something you don't understand? How are they hurting you?

My kids do it, they get exercise and there's a sense of camaraderie. On Sunday I took the kids to Fort Nothe in Weybridge. I ended up having a long chat with another Pokémon dad like me, neither of us had watched an episode or played a game but we both knew so much.

There are so much worse things the kids could be doing, so stop being a miserable old fart and live and let live.
farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:51 am
@izzythepush,
Try seeing some humor in your life. You dont have to defend everything as if anyone GAS.

Do I need to post an "Contains attempts at humor" tag?

I have to go over and apologize to Edgar for this revelation.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:57 am
@farmerman,
Have you done stand up? Have you had an audience of 200+ strangers rolling around with laughter? When you have you can criticise my sense of humour.

As it is you sound like Trump, when what you say falls flat you claim it was only a joke. And not a very good one at that. Insulting a whole group of people for doing something you can't appreciate doesn't count as humour, it's petty minded.

Now if you'd pointed out your own foibles you might have managed to raise a wry smile.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 05:31 am
There's that wonderful sense of humour of yours again. I don't know why nobody seems to get it.
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 05:52 am
@farmerman,
https://66.media.tumblr.com/c33a640bd5bd77dd1542f3e127219a5b/tumblr_inline_obn4t9SFzU1u7m2lt_540.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 05:54 am
I gotta find some character who represents Zombie Dads, sitting on a park bench with other zombiedads talking about their zombielarvae.

Naaaah, nobody's that lame.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 06:11 am
@farmerman,
How about people who wax lyrical about Phil Collins? In American Psycho Bret Easton Ellis used Phil Collins as a metaphor for shallow vacuous materialism, basically everything that's wrong with society.
NSFW (view)
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 06:17 am
If you've ever seen a Pokémon Go player react to failing to catch a rare Pokémon you wouldn't call them a zombie, unless you think all sports and music fans are zombies too.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 06:36 am
@jespah,
Quote:
Re: farmerman (Post 6243009)
This happened before smart phones. I've had people walk into me who were engrossed in books.

Or ogling particularly fetching members of the opposite sex. Or window shoppers not paying attention.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 06:37 am
Cool Razz
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 06:44 am
@edgarblythe,
George "No-show" Jones. Had a great set of pipes.

I need a beer.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » TELEPHONE ZOMBIES
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 04:27:35