TELEPHONE ZOMBIES

farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 04:42 am
@najmelliw,
Thats a pretty good observation. The kids I saw last week were, if nothing else, were interacting well by hailing each other whenever they found a node site with interesting scenes and characters. There would erupt littl cluters of gamr ho oud "share" the expeeience and talk about the find.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 04:46 am
@farmerman,
Glad to see the volte face, that's a lot better than being a miserable old git which never really suited you in the first place.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 04:49 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
What you believe is not important. I know the truth.
Thats the indomitable Brit spirit.
I have no idea who Father Ted was. Is that some forgettable comedian whose Youtube you posted nd asked me to critique it becauae of my skills at criticism?

Maybe that waa Bwenny Hill. I remember as a kid my dad would sit watching "carry on Gang" movies and Id have to sit there wondering whats so damn funny?

I was woondering, are you some guy who yellsat the kids for walking on your lawn? Usually humor challenged people like you have habits that require them to maintain complete order in their lives.

Quote:
Glad to see the volte face, that's a lot better than being a miserable old git which never really suited you in the first place.

Hmm I cant think of anything more appropriate than to repeat my initial wisho of " go **** yourself " yet again.
Maybe Ill come up with something more clever later. Tune in. I need to get some nourishing breakfast right now

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 05:34 am
Father Ted is an eminently forgettable britcom. It employs standard sitcom formulas, and is no different than any other sitcoms. I read once that The Honeymooners invented every sitcom situation in their brief run. I suspect that it was just a case of them offering those situations for the first time on television, and that they've been around longer than that. Plus ça change . . .
izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 05:42 am
@farmerman,
They stopped showing Benny Hill over here in the 80s, it's the sort of lowbrow crap that does a lot better overseas where tastes aren't quite as refined.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 05:44 am
@Setanta,
It's actually Irish made with British money, real Irish mind you, not pretenders. Graham Linehan is the greatest living comedy writer.

The Honeymooners is appallingly bad. The only reason anyone remembers it is because of the Flintstones.
farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:35 am
@izzythepush,
Scuse me if I dont count you as an "expert of comedy". Opinions are like assholes.

I actually liked the Katherine Tate show and as for Benny Hill, it was an NPR experiment and lasted a few years until people, eager for another Mointy Python became disilluioned with that shitstick kind of "humor". There really is much better comedy worth watching on TV and whether US , Brit, Cnadian, or Australian, theres plenty of good as well as bad.
Doing this"nyah nyah", "My comedy is better than yours" is really kind of adolescent dont you think?

farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:44 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
They stopped showing Benny Hill over here in the 80s, it's the sort of lowbrow crap that does a lot better overseas where tastes aren't quite as refined
According to Wikipedia it was 1994, (2 yers after he died). Then they did several tributes and a"new Gen" version in the 2008 to 2009 where chnnel 4 tried to sell it to a new genertion that hqd never seen shitstick comedy like Hill. Apparently the kids werent so critical. SO you must man up and admit that hes yours.
I always thought that he was every bit as bad as the "Cqrry-on-Gang" of the 50;s I was 8 years old , rather precocious and I still thought that carry on was lame.

I was into Jean Shepherd, Peter Dzoski, nd Allen Prell.(All radio guys and Id be kept entertained while I studied)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 10:59 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
They stopped showing Benny Hill over here in the 80s, it's the sort of lowbrow crap that does a lot better overseas where tastes aren't quite as refined
According to Wikipedia it was 1994, (2 yers after he died). Then they did several tributes and a"new Gen" version in the 2008 to 2009 where chnnel 4 tried to sell it to a new genertion that hqd never seen shitstick comedy like Hill. Apparently the kids werent so critical. SO you must man up and admit that hes yours.
I always thought that he was every bit as bad as the "Cqrry-on-Gang" of the 50;s I was 8 years old , rather precocious and I still thought that carry on was lame.

I was into Jean Shepherd, Peter Dzoski, nd Allen Prell.(All radio guys and Id be kept entertained while I studied)

Benny Hill sure was low brow comedy, but the show originated in the UK and I doubt it did better in the US than here. I certainly don't remember it being a sensation the way Monty Python was.

Loved Jean Shepherd. One of the best storytellers to have ever lived. They did a good job converting some his radio shows to TV and the movies because he was always closely involved in the productions and I believe always provided voice over narration.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:17 am
@farmerman,
It is, but if you criticise young people for doing something that frightens you it helps if you have good taste. Just pointing out why you should leave the younger generations alone.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:41 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Part of each of those Three radio humorists were thwir voices. The voice over of Jean Shepherds allways chukling narration was medicinal for a kid.
Peter Dzoski was a Candian who motly commented on the world around Canada and his observations I would use in my compositions at school ,Safe in the knowledge that if the nuns didnt have a shortwave rdio, they would have no idea of where those brilliant comments that I ripped off came from.
Allen Prell, was a radio voice from Baltimore and I was doing some work at Princeton and was able to pick up his morning shows. He did a really great "call-in empoium" called HONEST AL's YARD SALE. In that show, people would call in with crap to sell and Prell would goof on them and insult them all different ways. All of the cuff. I got a real good sense of what imrov was all about.

There were others like Joel A SPivak, (son of a big band saxophonist), and (I think) a "Monroe T" Frguson (who did a "fake news show" in the 70's from some town in West Virginia
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 12:30 pm
@farmerman,
You surprise me by your admission of cheating. smirk....
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 02:35 pm
I thought Lord Baltimore bought the land so that Catholics could settle in Maryland? Was there a Lord Zombie?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 03:44 pm
@farmerman,
Gzowski. Peter Gzowski.

Great broadcaster if not the cleanest man I've ever met.
farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 05:27 pm
@ehBeth,
duhhh. Damn Polaks. YEh I never thought of that, he was never heard to be in the blue category . Jen Shepherd and he hqd thqt in common.
The only time I ever heqrd Jean Shepherd use four letter word was in "The Christmas Story" where Ralphy, helping his dad hange a tire, dumpwd the lug nuts and yelled out" FUDGE"
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2016 06:03 pm
@farmerman,
I remember liking him very long ago.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 12:48 am
@farmerman,
Not dirty joke dirty. Greasy hair and messy clothes cirty.
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 01:26 am
@ehBeth,
oh, He used to ear bowies didnt he?
I started wearing a bow tie in court and was asked by my attorney to quit it.

I was out looking at the Perseids, 200 an hour is still only like 4 a minute., gonna get some coffee and we have a wide angle camera and a tablet recorder . Trying to pin down theyre origin in the sky.
Ill proably get to bed at 5;30
Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 03:22 am
Thunder boomers here, no meteors.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 03:37 am
@farmerman,
I've always been odd, though I didn't catch on to it in my childhood - I've life long retinitis pigmentosa, which means I'm night blind - and have poor peripheral vision to boot, oops, excuse me.. I first figured it out when I was with a pal coming back from a ski trip when she got a flat tire and we stopped to signal for help (she had a Porshe and was pretty) and she remarked about the sky, and I didn't get it. She was going on about the stars.. that I didn't see. Re the car, people stopped and helped us.

By now I'm well used to it, need friends at night, but it has affected me in a variety of ways - I'm not as rabid as others to read sci fi or talk about going to Mars.

So, what? I'm our very own zombie...

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » TELEPHONE ZOMBIES
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 10:38:56