What is your opinion of Halloween 6 (the theatrical cut)?

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 12:41 pm
I'm distinctly referring to the theatrical cut, forcefully disregarding the producer's cut. Although if you've seen the producer's version please feel free to contribute.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,991 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 12:50 pm
It's a movie and after the first slew of Michael Myers films it left me bored. Of course that may have been added to by my general lack of interest in the entire series. Much preferred the whole Friday The 13th groups (although the one in 3D was rather sucky) and am looking forward to the next release coming out (hopefully) next year.

Thomas33

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 01:05 pm
@Sturgis,
I think H6 is expressive of all kinds of ideas about existence. The texture of the film is magnetic, dark yet colourful, grim but oddly beautiful.
Kara Strode is a great central character; the scene where she returns home and looks for her mother is quite a profound one, as well as the whole climax at the hospital.
The really strange thing is that despite essentially being the same work of art, the producer's cut is what I consider to be opposite in quality; the theatrical version is far superior.

Is it that you just respect the Carpenter film?
Sturgis

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 01:07 pm
@Thomas33,
I think my reasoning tends towards the differences of the movies. Based mostly on the scripts.
Thomas33

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 01:23 pm
@Sturgis,
The writer of H6 didn't like the finished film (in fact the title is because of the troubled production history). Learning this undermined my ability to appreciate the film, however I still maintain that the theatrical cut of the film is a masterpiece, having some of the scariest and most effective cinematography a film could have.

I enjoyed the 2009 Friday the 13th; I'm aware it wasn't popular, but I think it has some engaging sequences.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:10 pm
@Thomas33,
Are you referring to Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)

I've only rated Halloween (2007) and Halloween (1978). I may or may not have seen Halloween II (1981) but I'm sure I haven't seen any of the other films in the franchise and don't really have any interest either. They're not my stabby stabby bloody cup of tea.
farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:43 pm
@Sturgis,
I suppose that Ill be seeing it on Svenghoolie in 2045
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:44 pm
@Thomas33,
Quote:
I think H6 is expressive of all kinds of ideas about existence. The texture of the film is magnetic, dark yet colourful, grim but oddly beautiful.
You gotta get over yourself. It aint WAR AND FUCKIN PEACE youre talking about.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 02:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
Yes.
The 2007 remake is another good film, adding authentic depth to the Myers mythology, however the 2009 sequel is awful and pointless.

What do you think of the Halloween films you have seen?
0 Replies