'It's a Wonderful Life'

Rae

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 04:49 pm
YIPPEE!!!!!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 02:12 pm
It's playing at the Last Strand (Clinton Mass.) on the BIG screen this week. We're going tomorrow!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:13 pm
Lucky you, SealPoet!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 05:16 am
Was great.

The theatre is right on the main drag. One of those old palaces (www.strandtheatre.com). We got there two hours early because there is a boutique next door that closed at 5:00 and I needed to get a neice some earrings. So we parked right out front, did some shopping and had some dinner. (Dinner was another show, which I did not expect: the local Irish pub/restraunt had a roast beef buffett, and a live band includind a chef strolling the center of the room sining Danny Boy, OHoly Night, and I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen.)

Anyway, we stroll back to the car, and Mrs. SealPoet goes into the car and emerges with a handful of Kleenex. Smart Girl!

The Strand is great: every third chair in the center section has been replaced with a low table. The table is to hold your food and beer.

So the movie starts about ten minutes late to a fairly packed house of setimental fools like us, and their families (my favorite mother-in-law was with us.)

I needed kleenex by the time George saved Mr. Gower from poisoning the boy...

Merry Christmas you old Building and Loan!
0 Replies