Joey

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 11:55 am
anyone catch the premiere of "Joey"?

I watched it to see how it would be and I am still laughing whenever I think of his audition for the entertainment reporter job.

I will try to watch this show as I luaghed. It has been awhile since I laughed at a "Friends" cast member.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,097 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 12:49 pm
It wasn't good. It was okay. The next coming episodes should pick up.

I am hopeful.

I love the preview where his sister is worried about Joey teaching his son how to pick up girls.

She pokes at him saying his method isn't too deep: How YOU Doing, How YOU Doing, How YOU doing.

Then Joey says, Well it worked on all your friends.

I chuckled.
0 Replies

brimstone

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 01:05 am
I can't wait for it to be shown in the UK!!!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 02:07 pm
Hmm we saw it and thought it was kind of a C-grade show. A-grade is classic stuff like Mary Tyler Moore (I'd also put Friends in there, Seinfeld, that sort of thing) and/or stuff that you go out of your way to tape, B-grade is decent but not classic shows, and an A-grade show can hit B-level when it gets stale, like the later seasons of Friends and shows like Everybody Loves Raymond and Home Improvement. C-grade shows are (at least for us), the kinds of things that you don't tape, don't prefer and really just check out during the commercials being shown for A- and B-shows. I think we will watch a little longer in order to see how it goes, because it could improve (e. g. we'll give it a chance, so this isn't necessarily my last word on it), but right now it just seems to be a C-grade program, which is bad as that was only the pilot, and the character is already known. No backstory was really needed, and no work needed to be done to make him likeable, yet the pilot still didn't do what it was supposed to - make you really want to watch more of the show.

But we were, or at least I was, expecting it to be woeful, and I wasn't disappointed. Confused
0 Replies

sugargirl555

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 12:37 am
I LOVE JOEY! haha hes cute and funny. what more could you want? and i lvoe the tv series

Nephew: Have you ever knows someone whos just like you except a little bit better?

Joey:haha....Yeah....Johnny depp.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 02:04 am
I must confess enjoying Joey. It's a fun little show, with somewhat clever writing, and I laugh out loud more than once an episode, something that Friends never really caused me to do. Sure, Joey is a bit of a lame show, but it's fun enough to keep me watching it.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 08:47 pm
Joey's fat neighbor was funny in the last episode where he couldn't hold in his attraction to Joey's sister (empty apt she could move into).

It's getting better.
0 Replies