chai2

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2017 09:28 am
@tsarstepan,
Sorry, but the truth is all of those items actually make me feel nauseous.

So, I guess when I think of the diabetic inducing food of this thread, I think of (a) how much better other things taste, and (b) how I don't want to have a leg cut off, and then die while waiting to have the other leg taken, like my mother did.

Truth be told, IMHO, the addicition to sugar overrides how good or meh it actually tastes, telling you it's better than it is.

Over the last couple of weeks, I had the opportunity to take a small taste of a few dessert items that came from wonderful restaurants and bakeries. Without exception, my reaction was "Really? This is what the other people I'm eating with are falling into raptures over?"

Thinking about it, it's like smoking. That first cigarette you had really tasted pretty bad. Then, after awhile, you're raving about the taste.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2017 10:34 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Sorry, but the truth is all of those items actually make me feel nauseous.

But that's the exact reaction I expected from creating this thread. I'm not celebrating this alleged foodie trend.
chai2

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:38 am
@tsarstepan,
Well then!

Mission accomplished!

Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2017 07:00 am
I’m sorry. I seem to inadvertently hijacked this thread.
Apologies.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2017 07:51 am
http://images.wisegeek.com/chocolate-dessert-on-platter.jpg
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2017 11:24 am
http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/10127449/prod_ec_1978996102??hei=64&wid=64&qlt=50

Rated #1 in sugar-coated cereals with 55.6% sugar. When I was a kid in the 50s Kellogg's first came out with sugar Frosted Flakes and sent samples through the mail. I used to walk around eating the sugar Frosted Flakes like candy, which of course it was.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2017 03:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
I am personally sickened by manufacturers and places pushing the substances you depict at the top of this thread Tsar.

The pity is they differentialy appear to target the economically struggling and those with mental illness and traumatised backgrounds

I cannot say how many of my multi generationally traumatised clients live on Coca Cola and cigarettes.

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2017 03:40 pm
@dlowan,
And the trend in making monstrous 2k to 3k calorie desserts just to get Instagram photographs? Damn that's a lot of wasted food for a few likes.

One or two people couldn't or definitely SHOULDN'T eat these mountains of diabetic inducing sweets.
0 Replies