House Benghazi Report Finds No New Evidence of Wrongdoing by Hillary Clinton

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 10:13 am
Source: NY Times

AGAIN.

Ending one of the longest, costliest and most bitterly partisan congressional investigations in history, the House Select Committee on Benghazi issued its final report on Tuesday, finding no new evidence of culpability or wrongdoing by Hillary Clinton in the 2012 attacks in Libya that left four Americans dead.

The 800-page report, however, included some new details about the night of the attacks, and the context in which it occurred, and it delivered a broad rebuke of government agencies like the Defense Department, the Central Intelligence Agency and the State Department — and the officials who led them — for failing to grasp the acute security risks in the Libyan city, and especially for maintaining outposts in Benghazi that they could not protect.

The committee, led by Representative Trey Gowdy, Republican of South Carolina, also harshly criticized an internal State Department investigation that it said had allowed officials like Mrs. Clinton, then the secretary of state, to effectively choose who would investigate their actions. In addition, it reiterated Republicans’ complaints that the Obama administration had sought to thwart the investigation by withholding witnesses and evidence.

The report, however, did not dispute that United States military forces stationed in Europe could not have reached Benghazi in time to rescue the personnel who died — a central finding of previous inquiries.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/us/politics/hillary-clinton-benghazi.html?_r=0
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 4,078 • Replies: 52

snood

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 10:16 am
@bobsal u1553115,
There's no reason to think this will bring the Benghazi speculative witch hint to an end.

Here's the latest Faux News angle - Hillary was a domestic abuser of Bill!

http://www.salon.com/2016/06/28/watch_fox_news_latest_line_of_attack_on_hillary_she_abused_bill_when_they_were_in_the_white_house/
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 10:23 am
@snood,
You're probably right. 61 consecutive down votes in four years hasn't dampened their anti ACA ardor.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 11:03 am
@bobsal u1553115,
This is we get when republicans are only interested in partisan wars.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 11:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
We had better turn out a big vote this November!
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 11:18 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Voters are lazy. I don't have much hope for our country when the likes of Trump can garner over 30% of the voters.
My wife and I vote in every election.
engineer

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 12:09 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

There's no reason to think this will bring the Benghazi speculative witch hint to an end.

But at least we can stop spending tax dollars on it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 12:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Also, https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/05/31/donald-trump-is-splitting-the-white-vote-in-ways-weve-never-seen-before/
Trump supporters are the uneducated.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 12:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And,
http://www.people-press.org/2014/10/31/the-party-of-nonvoters-2/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 07:07 pm
Andy Borowitz
59 mins ·
I would like to congratulate House Republicans on their excellent and insightful Benghazi report. I look forward to their inquiry into the 4,425 Americans killed in Iraq.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 07:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
The republicans spent $7.1 million on the Benghazi report.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 07:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
What the republicans spent on the Benghazi report.
Budget and Cost
Committee 2015 Yearly Expenditures
Select Committee on Benghazi $3,721,871.99
Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence $3,708,056.39
Committee on Veterans' Affairs $3,053,722.40
Committee on Ethics $2,864,060.04
2 more rows
Benghazi By The Numbers – Benghazi Research Center
benghazicommittee.com/benghazi-by-the-numbers/

The republicans also cut Education funding.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 08:14 pm
Let's not forget about Congressman Kevin McCarthy's confession regarding the true purpose of the Benghazi Committee. He admitted that it was his strategy to hurt Hillary Clinton numbers. That admission had cost him the chance of becoming John Boehner's replacement as Speaker.

oralloy

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 02:21 am
Quote:

I guess the old evidence of wrongdoing will suffice.

It is amazing the tantrums that Democrats will throw when Congress merely does their job and oversees the executive branch.... Laughing

Also a good reason to vote for Republicans. Democrats think they are above the law and should be immune to oversight.
maporsche

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 06:01 am
@Real Music,
But remember, there is and has never been a smear machine on the Clintons. Try to remember that she is just and evil bitch and is unworthy of being president. At least that's what republicans and BerniehasBusted supporters want you to believe
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 07:46 am
@bobsal u1553115,
"Albright' - (Clinton's mate) "Is the death of 500 thousand INNOCENT children WORTH IT)"? "WE THINK IT IS".
sideways, with a pig.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 08:11 am
@oralloy,
As opposed of course to the extremely expensive tantrums the Republicans have been throwing on Benghazi repeatedly for lo these many years. I mean really, 7 investigations which have repeatedly failed to find their desired smoking gun. How many times do they have to repeat a failure before they have to realize there was never anything there in the first place? Applies to you too, oralloy.
oralloy

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 08:21 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
As opposed of course to the extremely expensive tantrums the Republicans have been throwing on Benghazi repeatedly for lo these many years.

I realize that Democrats want to be above the law, but Congressional oversight is hardly a tantrum.

MontereyJack wrote:
I mean really, 7 investigations which have repeatedly failed to find their desired smoking gun.

You're thinking like a Democrat. You see justice and oversight only as a way to harm those who disagree with your failed ideology.

MontereyJack wrote:
How many times do they have to repeat a failure before they have to realize there was never anything there in the first place?

There was no failure. There was merely Republicans doing their jobs and Democrats throwing temper tantrums.

MontereyJack wrote:
Applies to you too, oralloy.

I don't throw tantrums because Republicans choose to do their jobs.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 08:24 am
@oralloy,
Of course. Just GOPs doing their jobs and failing again and again and again and again and again and again to find wrong doing. Not a GOP tantrum, or course not. Someone is an idiot here and DC, and it ain't me.
oralloy

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 08:28 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
and failing again and again and again and again and again and again to find wrong doing.

Law and oversight sure does bother the Left.