DON'T FORCE IT - GET A BIGGER HAMMER

Rae

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 07:03 pm
So, Bob Villa HAS been fibbing all these years!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 08:58 pm
I'm pretty good at putting stuff together as well, but I prefer the good old days when they delivered it in one piece. If I wanted to put furnature together, I just assume build the darn thing myself with real wood ;-)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 09:04 pm
I work hard all week. When I get some time off the last thing I want to do is assemble a cabinet. It would help the economy if these companies hired some assemblers.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 09:15 pm
If I'm not mistaken, Walmart offers (begrudgingly) to assemble ~ but you still have to cart it off.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 09:17 pm
I work hard all week, too ~ but even the most complicated of tasks/murdering of closets is welcome on the weekends!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 09:25 am
It a great way to get your frustrations out, that is hoping you dont increase them on the way there
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 09:50 am
My job is very physical. Too much stress for one my age. No way I can find joy in working on the weekend.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 11:28 am
My job is mentally draining ~ that's why I don't mind torturing a poor, helpless piece of particleboard on my day off.

I feel a shopping trip coming on.....hmmmmm.....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 02:29 pm
This thread was such a delight I've just read it through again. Perhaps some newcomers will want to add to it as a diversion from the political threads.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 09:27 pm
I'll bookmark edgar...to read later on
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 11:13 am
ROTFLMAO!!!!

So, my Polish uncle, who can build/fix darn near anything (he built his own house from the foundation up) goes to Home Depot and buys himself a new stand for his table saw. It comes in a brown corrugated box with no picture. He pulls all of the parts out of the box then fishes down to the bottom of the box for the instructions...which are in Chinese, again no pictures. He looks at me, as I've been watching this whole process, and says, "What the f*ck am I supposed to do with this?"
I take the instructions out of his hand, examine the page for a moment and reply, "I'm pretty sure I know what this says."
"Oh yeah? What's it say?"
"It says, 'Good luck, Polack.'"

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 11:50 am
@TerryDoolittle,
As I have oft lamented, I miss the days when your purchases came preassembled. The time and headaches saved are worth far more than the extra charge for the service.
0 Replies